Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686467
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: {COMMERCIAL] Pulp War 35 minis for sale  (Read 2036 times)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
{COMMERCIAL] Pulp War 35 minis for sale
« on: May 05, 2022, 07:54:20 PM »
Now that all KS pledges have shipped out, we have added limited Pulp War 35 stock to the Kitbash Games Etsy store. The Pulp War 35 range is 1/35 scale and all minis are cast in high quality resin.

Store link

Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Re: {COMMERCIAL] Pulp War 35 minis for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 11:49:11 PM »
They all look great!!!
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 12:03:12 PM »
They all look great!!!

Thanks, we are trying to offer an interesting set of high quality minis in the range and we are pleased with the start we have made - there is more to come!

In addition, you can download the PW35 rules for free from here (link)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »
Do you use 3D files or master and cast the traditional way? They are lovely characters for modelling/display but an uncommon choice of scale for gaming. Getting weapon ranges to look acceptable with such large figures means a big table space, not to mention the size and bulk of accompanying vehicles and buildings at skirmish detail.

If you use files is there any chance of them being rescaled? My preference, 1/48th is almost as obscure as your chosen 1/35th, but there is a lack of spandex free supers in all gaming scales.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 02:40:55 PM »
Do you use 3D files or master and cast the traditional way? They are lovely characters for modelling/display but an uncommon choice of scale for gaming. Getting weapon ranges to look acceptable with such large figures means a big table space, not to mention the size and bulk of accompanying vehicles and buildings at skirmish detail.

If you use files is there any chance of them being rescaled? My preference, 1/48th is almost as obscure as your chosen 1/35th, but there is a lack of spandex free supers in all gaming scales.

Hi robh; the minis are digitally sculpted, with a master printed for casting in resin.

We chose the scale as we are huge fans of the dormant Mauser Earth range, and White Knight wanted some more 1/35 figures to join his ME and kit-bashed stuff. Then things just grew from there.

No plans to rescale at this time; if we did, it would be most likley to match my existing supers range.

The free to download rules were written with small gaming environments in mind; they are not real world-simulationist, since we are in the realm of the fantastical, but rather are designed to evoke small scale actions by heroic agents on all sides.

For terrain, MiniArt is an excellent option for often inexpensive kits suitable for dressing a battlezone.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 03:20:20 PM »
They are lovely characters for modelling/display but an uncommon choice of scale for gaming. Getting weapon ranges to look acceptable with such large figures means a big table space, not to mention the size and bulk of accompanying vehicles and buildings at skirmish detail.

I'm the guilty one as far as this is concerned. I've been experimenting with bigger scales for skirmish. Honestly, the footprint on this scale isn't really much larger than on the current crop of 35mm models. Wargaming models have always had much greater bulk than height, so the difference is not as big as you would imagine. Same with scenery, unless you go with older, more undersized buildings, most modern wargaming buildings, especially the lasercut ones, are big as well. It's mostly the height differences here.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 05:17:13 PM »
I'm the guilty one as far as this is concerned.

::)

I look forward to seeing them added to your collection (no updates since Don Camillo?), they really are great characters.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 07:09:11 AM »
I had a house move since then, so all my stuff is still packed up in boxes while we get work done to get the new hobby room ready. The project is not abandoned, I just have a break from the hobby while we sort things out.