Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Trinity: Battleground Resources  (Read 1557 times)

Offline SlayerDragonwing

• Lurker
Looking for Trinity: Battleground Resources
« on: May 13, 2022, 05:32:46 PM »
I'm starting on a big Trinity: Battleground project and trying to get as complete a collection as I can. I've got the starter box and player's guide Onyx Path released, plus all the minis listed on the Lost Minis Wiki. I even managed to track down three figures that aren't listed there.

However, I've heard about a few things I haven't been able to find. One of them is the Lone Star supplement, which I saw some members discussing in an old thread from ages back, and the three figures on the right of this image. If anyone has any information, or knows a way I could get them, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it, and I'm willing to pay top dollar.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:14:39 PM by SlayerDragonwing »

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Looking for Trinity: Battleground Resources
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 11:19:24 AM »
 No picture showing.

Offline SlayerDragonwing

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 06:14:54 PM »
I believe I've fixed the issue.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 09:40:55 PM »
 Yes picture is there now ;).

They are nice looking figures.Nice to see a Vor miniature in the picture too.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 10:24:42 PM »
 I have two boxes of the starter set.

Never really looked into the game yet though.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 06:46:40 PM »
Too funny.  I painted the figs in that photo years ago.  Think I've still got the Vor rad-trooper fig around somewhere as a scale-indicator fig, the Trinity figs were all sold on ebay pre-2014.  I see about worthpoint is still using images from my old auctions.  Amusing. 

They were metal figs, and unlike the ones from the starter box never had resin/restic versions.  Can't be 100% sure after all this time but I believe the three were the contents of the Keeper/Sanguine/Luka pack, SKU 9446 over here:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Trinity:_Battleground

and here:

https://www.nobleknight.com/Products/Trinity---Battleground?CATARGETID=520006920000000425&CAPCID=586897891630&CATCI=dsa-362223796213&CAAGID=60303237731&CADevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjNeMl57x9wIVDRitBh1yKALKEAAYASAAEgIBo_D_BwE

No images on either, of course.  Too obscure and old.

No idea how you'd get them these days other than keeping an eye on ebay or posting "wants" to forums like this.  I've had some luck picking up Trinity:BG stuff off ebay in the past but that was years ago, and they're often mis-listed when they do turn up, often as 40K or (bafflingly) Traveller figs.

Anything else you're looking for out of the range?  All my aberrants are long gone but I saw some psion figs the last time i did a storage dive.

Offline VonAether

• Lurker
    • OPP: Trinity Continuum
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 04:30:40 PM »
Hi, SlayerDragonwing! I'm the content lead currently overseeing the Trinity Continuum over at Onyx Path, so hopefully I can help.

I've got the starter box and player's guide Onyx Path released, plus all the minis listed on the Lost Minis Wiki.

While Onyx Path currently owns the IP, we've only been around since 2012. Battleground was released over a period of about six months back in 1996, so that predates us by nearly two decades. The original run was released by White Wolf, which may help you to track down some more figures.

However, I've heard about a few things I haven't been able to find. One of them is the Lone Star supplement, which I saw some members discussing in an old thread from ages back, and the three figures on the right of this image.

Unfortunately, while LoneStar was planned, Battleground's sales were poor, so <the expansion> was cancelled. It was planned to feature the FSA and Orgotek factions, and VARG vehicle types. Likewise, following LoneStar would have been <ChromePrime> would have covered Chromatic aliens, the Ĉsculapian Order, ISRA, and the Ministry; and a third unnamed supplement dealing with the Qin and Norça.

Presumably, based on the ongoing plot of the RPG, two more expansions would have followed, one featuring the Coalition and Upeo wa Macho, and a final expansion featuring the Chitra Bhanu and the Doyen.

In any case, with the cancellation of LoneStar and ChromePrime, much of the content of those expansions was worked into the Battleground Players Guide, which was also cancelled, although an incomplete and roughly-formatted PDF was <later released>.

tl;dr: I'm afraid LoneStar doesn't exist, so you won't be able to find a copy.

A while back I put <this list together> based partly on the Lost Mini Wiki, and my own search results in what I could personally track down. I don't know how much use that'd be for you. Hope that helps!
Ian A. A. Watson
Trinity Continuum Content Lead
Onyx Path Community Manager

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 10:19:42 PM »
A while back I put <this list together> based partly on the Lost Mini Wiki, and my own search results in what I could personally track down. I don't know how much use that'd be for you. Hope that helps!

I can confirm that all four of the "uncertain" minis releases at that link reached retail stores, I stocked them myself.  Heck, I've still got about twenty of the (identical) Support Squad Dragon figs, having cleaned out Alliance's stock when they went on 90% clearance around 2000 or 2001.  You can see one of the Naushka/Drummach figs (no idea which was which - the thing that looks like the bastard child of a parrot and a snake) painted in some of my old ebay auction images that come up on worthpoint when you google "trinity battleground painted."  Also pretty certain that the "unreleased" Keeper/Sanguine/Luka pack actually came out - the three figs I painted in the OP's image aren't any in of the released packs with images on Lost Minis (so by default they have to be from that pack), and Noble Knight has a listing for the code as well (which they wouldn't have if they'd never gotten any).

I don't suppose White Wolf has any idea what happened to the production molds and masters at this late date?

Offline SlayerDragonwing

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 06:59:31 PM »
Too funny.  I painted the figs in that photo years ago.  Think I've still got the Vor rad-trooper fig around somewhere as a scale-indicator fig, the Trinity figs were all sold on ebay pre-2014.  I see about worthpoint is still using images from my old auctions.  Amusing. 
Anything else you're looking for out of the range?  All my aberrants are long gone but I saw some psion figs the last time i did a storage dive.

Talk about a small world! That is too funny. Fortunately, I've managed to track down all the figures except the Keeper, Sang, and Luka pack. I'm still looking for those three.

Thanks for reaching out, and for putting the list together. From my own attempts to track down the figures, I can also confirm that all the figures in the "uncertain" category were released, as well as the Psion: Hewish/Haru/Napp and Aberrant: Keeper/Sang/Luka packs from the "never released" category.

I don't suppose White Wolf has any idea what happened to the production molds and masters at this late date?

Unfortunately it seems the original moulds were either lost or destroyed over the years.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 07:10:38 PM by SlayerDragonwing »

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 02:28:18 PM »
I just went through my T:B stash. I have Hewish/Hatuhiku/Nappochelli so I can confirm it was released. (But you said you found it already.)

I thought for sure I had the Keeper/Sanguine/Luka pack, but no.

It was/is a great game...with some mods. I still have delusions of playing again.

Offline SlayerDragonwing

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 09:00:31 PM »
I just went through my T:B stash. I have Hewish/Hatuhiku/Nappochelli so I can confirm it was released. (But you said you found it already.)

I thought for sure I had the Keeper/Sanguine/Luka pack, but no.

It was/is a great game...with some mods. I still have delusions of playing again.

Thanks for going through the trouble of looking. I appreciate it. If the aberrant pack turns up, please let me know.

I've been looking through the list of figures, and realized that I don't have the metal versions of McGowen, Jameson, Bayta, and Nazul, just the resin versions that came with the boxed game. If anyone has those, and the cards that came with them, I'd be interested in buying them.