Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warmaster AAR The Battle of Cronespire Crossing  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Thoronde

• Assistant
Warmaster AAR The Battle of Cronespire Crossing
« on: May 18, 2022, 04:24:08 PM »
Me and a friend of mine had a great game of warmaster and we made an AAR and took some pictures. We played a game of about 1250 points with me playing the Grand Imperial Army of the Sultan (Using the Araby list) and my friend fighting with the High King's Host using a slightly adjusted dogs of war list. We really enjoyed the ease of Warmaster. After two turns we understood the game and had a lot of fun.

Full AAR made with Battle Chronicler can be found on our blog: https://goodbeanswargaming.blogspot.com/2022/05/warmaster-aar-battle-of-cronespire.html

Orange beads are supposed to be the objectives. Two in the middle of the table (Cronespire Hill and the crossing next to it) one on the hill on the Royal side of the battlefield and the other in the ruins on the sultans side of the battlefield.

The first melee of the game was the result of a royal charge which destroyed my cavalry and lost me the center and subsequently the game.

Royal crossbowmen pelting imperial guardsmen with bolts and denying them access to the road.

The Imperial advance was much faster than the Royal one. But it would cost the Imperials dearly.

The Royal artillery had command of the battlefield and managed to disorder four Imperial regiments, killing and wounding many.

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
Re: Warmaster AAR The Battle of Cronespire Crossing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 11:02:24 PM »
Looks like an interesting and fun game with a great AAR. How did you make you maps to show troop movements?

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 05:30:17 AM »
Have to say I found your blog (short as it is at present) really interesting and the images and reporting style are excellent.

Thank you.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 06:40:47 AM »
Cool. Always good to see more 10mm gaming, and Warmaster is a classic set of rules.

Which figures are you using, I’m not recognising many of them?

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 06:53:36 AM »
Great looking game. Love the sense of scale you get with 10mm.

Offline Thoronde

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 08:15:04 AM »
Looks like an interesting and fun game with a great AAR. How did you make you maps to show troop movements?
I use the nice little program Battle Chronicler: http://www.keyfocus.net/battlechroniclercom/

Cool. Always good to see more 10mm gaming, and Warmaster is a classic set of rules.

Which figures are you using, I’m not recognising many of them?
All miniatures have been 3D printed by me. Most designs are by Peculiar Miniatures, Polish Lighting Miniatures or Forest Dragon.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
Great setup and a nice game!

I still love the old way to show how the battle evolved (reminds me of the good old WD battle reports in the 90ties)  :D

Thanks for sharing :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:18:25 AM by powerfrog99 »
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 11:23:35 AM »

All miniatures have been 3D printed by me. Most designs are by Peculiar Miniatures, Polish Lighting Miniatures or Forest Dragon.

Cool. I’m avoiding the temptation of 3D printing, but the first two are new to me, so will check them out.

Offline tikitang

• Mad Scientist
  • A shadow out of time...
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 11:31:49 AM »
Very nicely laid out and presented!

I'm not into mass battles, but if I was, this is how I'd want to do it.

I still love the old way to show how the battle evolved (reminds me of the good old WD battle reports in the 90ties)  :D

Was thinking that myself; I used to love those!
https://a-descent-into-the-maelstrom.blogspot.com/

"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."

- Chuck Palahniuk

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 11:39:24 AM »
Wonderful report and pictures.  :)

10mm has always had a bit of a pull on me, even though the only 10mm gaming I have done to date is Dropzone Commander. I feel it's the best scale to game medium conflicts where 1 miniature actually represents 1 combatant.
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 12:52:21 PM »
Excellent battle report. Warmaster always calls to me!

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »
Somewhere I still have my two Warmaster rulebooks. I really liked the whole concept but by that time it was almost impossible finding the miniatures here in the states.  That and a lack of any of my gaming friends interest sort of curtailed pursuing it any further. A shame really. Your game, scenery and miniatures all look great, thanks for sharing.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Thoronde

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 12:46:14 PM »
Somewhere I still have my two Warmaster rulebooks. I really liked the whole concept but by that time it was almost impossible finding the miniatures here in the states.  That and a lack of any of my gaming friends interest sort of curtailed pursuing it any further. A shame really. Your game, scenery and miniatures all look great, thanks for sharing.

Warmaster miniatures are indeed almost impossible to get, but getting them 3d printed costs not that much money. I would recommend a store like Excellent miniatures: https://www.excellentminiatures.com/miniatures-3d-printed-physical-product/epic-scale-6mm-8mm-10mm-15mm/warmeister-10mm-miniatures-on-strips/. Buying a printer yourself is also an option.