Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord German's Winter Clothing vs Artizan Winter War German Size Comparison?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Hi,

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of the German Grenadiers in Winter Clothing next to the  Late War German Officers & N.C.O's (Winter) please?

I have heard that the Bolt Action ranges have experiences scale creep as time has gone on and was wondering about current compatibility. I already own quite a few Artizan Late War Winter Germans and was wondering how they would stand up next to the German Grenadiers in Winter Clothing set?

German Grenadiers in Winter Clothing set

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
I don't have either company's winter Germans.  I do, however, have both companies' US airborne and non-winter Germans..  In my opinion those match up well, if that's any help.
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
I don't have either company's winter Germans.  I do, however, have both companies' US airborne and non-winter Germans..  In my opinion those match up well, if that's any help.

Cheers, anyone else? The Warlord Jubilee Sale is about to end soon!  :D

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
They should measure up nice and proper. The main scale creep happened in comparison to the original BA range, which were rather slight by comparison with most other manufacturers.

Also, a common paintjob will do incredible things for making ranges of figures of different size look just the same on the table.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
They should measure up nice and proper. The main scale creep happened in comparison to the original BA range, which were rather slight by comparison with most other manufacturers.

Thanks.

Also, a common paintjob will do incredible things for making ranges of figures of different size look just the same on the table.

Yeah, I'm used to putting units together with many different sculptors and by different companies but I usually avoid doing this for skirmish units as they tend to stand out as individual models more than say the unit below (five different sculptors and many manufacturers including (very OOP) Gripping Beast, Gripping Beast (both Stephen and Colin Patten), Wargames Foundry, Drabant, Footsore (Bill Thornhill and Matthew Bickley) and Saxon Miniatures.....

Is it just me or do very different sculpting styles tend towards more homogeneity in fixed large units rather than skirmish units?