Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:37:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Your Current Projects...  (Read 3249 times)

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Your Current Projects...
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 08:41:42 AM »
Oh good grief, where to begin... ::)

Right now, I've got a warband on my table for the The Drowned Earth skirmish game which needs to be done by November 12th for a small introduction event I've been coerced to participate in. But also, as I'm now invested in the game, I've got plans to use my stalled jungle terrain for this project and create a small table which can also be used for Infinity and other (skirmish) games.

This ties in with the making of another set of tabletop modules (3 pieces of 2'x4') for use with said jungle terrain, but which can also be used for any sort of outdoor scenarios in a temperate to tropical climate.

Then there are my Rogue Trader Mentor Legion, who desperately need reinforcements.

The ever ongoing accumulation of my Night Goblins army, to which I tend to add a regiment a year or so.

My Star Wars and Star trek projects, which are kind of on the backburner, but which both still have a pretty strong pull.

Also, there are loads of projects that are on hold, but not cancelled; I just need to find the opportunity (and mojo) to pick them up again:

Death Guard
3rd ed Dark Eldar
2nd ed Necrons
Fantasy Chaos army
Fantasy Undead army
DWAN corporate troopers
Alien hive
Gaslands
Dropzone Commander Scourge
Dropfleet Commander Scourge
Bushido factions (3 of 'em)
WW2 Early War Fallschirmjäger and Dutch army

And then there is a godless amount of potential projects for which I have the materials in-house but which I have so far been able to resist...  :-X
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 09:13:37 AM »
Wow you chaps are organised - projects what are those?

My method. ...

Buy stuff randomly whenever something shiny is seen
Unpack and caress when arrives
Place in hobby room
Occasionally walk in hobby room
Pick up something randomly
Paint one or two figures and vow to paint a whole gang/platoon/army so I can play that game I bought
Get distracted with other things
Rinse and repeat

I really do envy people who are organised
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2022, 09:25:29 AM »
I really do envy people who are organised

Trust me; us organized hobbyists work very much the same as you have summarized. We just put everything in neat, stackable boxes once the goods arrive. Other than that, we're just as butterflyish as the next hobbyist...  lol

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »
Painting projects
  • finally finished shading some Orks - mix of Kill Team and studiply expensive single ones
  • Warlord LRDG truck done more for modern pulp
  • Star Wars X-34 Landspeeder because I've had it for ages
  • 20mm T-55 pretty much finished, which I'm struggling to find a base for

Battles you are organizing
Trying to get the second turn of my Five Parsecs game started.

Loads of stuff I want to do - fantasy (Rangers of Shadow Deep petered out), modern pulp (think Lara Croft type adventures).

Research you are doing
I have an FDM 3d printer, but it's tiny and reluctant to print anything larger than a slottabase. I'm looking into getting a new one. However, I want to investigate getting things printed by a third party, as I'm not sure I have enough plans to justify a new printer.

Sculpting or conversion work
Nearly finished some Anvil Industries bodies/Stargrave arms conversions, but they still require a bit of greenstuff at the shoulders.

An area where I have loads of plans, but insufficient time :(

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »
Several ongoing though no new planned projects - I try to classify them as "extensions" to current projects no matter how tenuous.  No new projects or even armies planned as I have more than enough to paint.  Wait ... what is that nice new box of figures in that advert???

Ongoing (mine and our wargame group) -
Our fantasy setting - Persian infantry, cavalry prepped ready to be painted as Azyrans
Aksheba a fantasy Graeco-African fantasy queendom https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=138041.msg1759636#msg1759636
Legio VI Victrix - most combat units done, several Auxiliary units done, some prepared and supporting services to be added.
Mythology - Celtic (Scottish & Irish) (inc Arthurians), Greek, Roman, Nordic and some African
Ongoing (for grandchildren)
Dedburgh - zombie post apoc UK setting
UK setting for Zona Alfa - pretty much as above but with more guns and monsters
Granddaughter's Armies and Enemies of the Princesses (medieval and ancient) very enjoyable as anything her in  imagination fits (princesses, unicorns, amazons, princesses, Romans, dragons, princesses, monsters, horses, dogs and cats etc etc etc.  Castle, Palace - you get the idea?

Ongoing (for son's wargame group)
28mm WW2 - Bolt Action and skirmish games
28mm SciFi - WH40K (my table is host they provide everything)
28mm Spectre(?) Black Ops (?) Again my table and terrain items host the games

Many of these will last ages

Ongoing research:
The Boudiccan Campaign (60AD)
The Destruction of Varus' Legions in the Teutoburger Wald (6AD)
The Battle of Berlin (1945)
The Battle of Seelow Heights (1945)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 12:28:28 PM by dadlamassu »
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2022, 03:16:55 AM »
My current project is to catalog and sell off my stalled army projects and then possibly some painted completed armies. Maybe.
Actual painting is progressing slowly on my SWL clone project and some of a friends BattleMech miniatures for a possible convention game. After that I will probably return to my lead mountain of pulp figures.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2022, 10:09:47 AM »
Painting some scatter terrain and civilians to populate my Anglo-Saxon settlement for pig wars/Dux Bellorum.

Planning/researching Mediterranean & North African terrain for my Warmaster Punic Wars armies in 1/72,  and I'll expand my armies eventually.

Reading about Alexander the Great, but that's a part of an ongoing loft insulation clearance, so is not research for a new project, honest.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2022, 03:24:19 PM »
Writing
When Nightmares Come - An Investigative Wargame of Supernatural Horror
Another Tale from the Exclusion Zone (short fiction)

Painting
Player Characters and opponents for Nightmares test games
Enemies for an ongoing monthly Nightwatch campaign
Minis for Forbidden Lands RPG one-shot

Terrain
building/painting several 3D printed pieces for Fantasy collection.
Point of Interest scatter for Nightmares

Offline Doomwolf

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »
Miniatures
Old school 40K from the odd Rogue Trader mini up to and including early 2000's minis, but with some current stuff added if I like it? These will be used for 40K 3rd/5th and One Page Rules. I will also have minis of a similar aesthetic where I can't get the originals for whatever reason (stupid prices/availability etc).

Various sci-fi, fantasy and historical as takes my fancy. However I am going to get the full wiglaff minis as they are simply to-good not to  :-* for my solo Lion Rampant 2 hankerings. :D

Games
Currently starting a Space Station Zero crew, unbelievably I was held up by a lack of D12's, (if there was a hang your head in shame emoji, I would be using it ;)).
As mentioned above, 40K 3rd/5th and One Page Rules and Lion Rampant 2

On order/Pre-order
Xenos Rampant (really looking forward to this one)
Sci-fi scenarios book by John Lambshead
Just made a small Heresy miniatures order to help them out

Considering
Horus Heresy Rhino (Deimos pattern) for nostalgia sake (plus I want to have 4 Rhinos)
Some small/medium resin/3d print sci-fi buildings to replace my MDF stuff? Not sure yet though

And finally
Most importantly play some bloody games ;D
Then paint some blinking things lol

Happy gaming, painting etc, etc

Glen

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2022, 03:50:41 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention one of my biggest projects; selling off all my 40K stuff!  Amazing what 40K models can fund in your other more enjoyable projects!  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2022, 09:18:41 PM »
I thought I had replied here but it looks like the post got lost in the ether....

Currently on The Paint Desk: 28m ECW cavalry from Warfare Miniatures.

Primed and Waiting: 2 Old Glory 15mm Sassanid elephants as well as 18 archers; Bloody Miniatures Storming Party and Night Watch.

In Prep: 28mm Gripping Beast Dark Ages Scots Thegns and Warlord (courtesy of LAF's Syrnx0).

Further Down the Queue: Generally looking ahead to this years Analogue Painting Challenge and thinking about what I want to prep and prime for it. That potential list includes:
- my collection of GW's Khandish warriors, charioteers and horsemen.
- the 3rd wave of Bloody Miniatures
- more 15mm Sassanids this time War and Empire archers, slingers and command stands.
- Footsore Miniature's Dark Ages Welsh from their Kickstarter earlier this year.

Offline RSDean

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2022, 09:41:13 AM »
I have my completed figures organized into “projects”, but my approach to painting is a little more scattered.

I have ~4 things going on the painting desk right now:

1) an eccentric fantasy/medieval thing using some 54mm plastic flats that isn’t very far along and will also require rules;

2) 1/72 plastic figures for various DBA armies as part of a family DBA initiative with my sons, with ancient Nubians and Vikings currently on the desk;

3) 1/72 plastic figures for an ongoing solo fantasy campaign which is currently playable, although my goal is to fill out five countries’ orders of battle; and

4) 25mm vintage fantasy figures, where I am slowly working on a selection of things I have one or two dozen of as Dragon Rampant units, with the immediate intention of having a couple of new units, by the time I meet up with my brother at Christmas.

In the notebooks, I’ve got ~4 things actively being thought about:

1) Rules and scenarios for 54mm medieval/fantasy flats;

2) A map-based campaign for 18th century imagi-nations, leveraging the recent arrival of Henry Hyde’s Wargaming Campaigns;

3) Getting the solo fantasy campaign back on track; and

4) Getting some vintage fantasy rules on the table for fun and historical exploration, with the top candidates being Knights and Magick (Heritage, 1980) and Warhammer (1st edition, Games Workshop, 1983).

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2022, 10:02:38 AM »
1. Ongoing Cold War Berlin and West Germany circa 1984. Brits pretty much complete, Russians likewise, East Germans the same, just need to complete some vehicles. Terrain is the big issue at pres. Once I have that sorted, I'll do the Yanks.

2. Canadian Rebellions 1838/39. Patriotes about 80% finished, need to start painting up the Brits. fairly small scale to be done using Sharpe Practice. Most of the battles were large skirmishes anyway.

3. Trouble at Mill. Generic civil unrest set in the late 1830s inspired by Bossendon Wood, The Chartist Uprising and various other episodes of civil urest in Britain. Man of the riotous assembly are cross-overs from the Canadian project. Brits need painting and eventually some cavalry needs to get purchased.

4. Vietnam. On a bit of a hiatus, despite just having built another fucking helicopter. Eventual plan is to build up to a company's worth of Australians.

5. 12th C Anglo-Irish invasion of Ireland. Bought the core of the Irish forces, interest has waned a little since. Maybe next year?

And then there's the siren song of the Second Schleswig-Holstein War since the Perry Prussians came out.....
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 11:01:39 AM »
I've got a tonne of projects in varying stages but the most coherent ones (or at least the ones likely to be finished) are...

Travel Brandubh: I'm converting a travel chess set into brandubh (a gaelic version of a norse tafl game).

Age of Bronze: A ruleset for skirmishes in Bronze Age Central Europe & Britain. Warbands are 6-12 minis per side and games are based around raiding cattle etc. It's mostly historic in nature but with a dash of myth, no real magic users but champions can use Feats which can be a bit magical in nature...if that makes sense...

Classic Wargame: A ruleset for skirmishes of around 10-20 minis in small units played on a 2ftx2ft board, the aim is that the game scales well for both smaller and larger games though nothing too big...basically from a squad to a platoon. It also alows for fantasy and sci-fi games and even a mixture of both.

Celtos: It's my birthday in December so I'm currently planning on grabbing some Celtos minis in Brigades Christmas Sale (assuming they have one this year) to build a couple of forces for my Classic Wargame rules...Fomorians vs. Sidhe.

Agents of the Imperium: A number of characters and squads based around the classic list from 2nd Ed 40k's Black Codex. These were going to be for 2nd Ed games but now I think I'll use Classic Wargames rules instead.

Arbites vs. Cultists: A rather slow moving scenario project, I've written the scenario, the background and about the world. The Arbite force is done as is the Shepherd Hut that'll see much of the action but I still need to paint the Shepherds, their hunting cat and their truck...and build my small force of cultists too.

And in the world of non-gaming...

Ewart Park Bronze Sword: I attended one of Neil Burridge's excellent course at Butser Ancient Farm over a decade ago and I am finally going to finish my sword...this year...hopefully...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 11:03:55 AM by Lost Egg »
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Tolemykus

• Student
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2022, 07:35:34 PM »
Writing:
   a. A non-collectible card game for bronze age fantasy.
   b. A skirmish miniatures game with a neo-gothic urban fantasy theme.
   c. A Prehistoric fan setting for Pulp Alley.

Painting:
   a. Modern military miniatures in 28mm.
   b. Two ancients armies in 6mm with auxiliaries.
   c. Dark Ages Franks and ancient Goths in 28mm.

Printing:
   a. Modern guard towers.
   b. American old west miniatures in 28mm.
   c. French & Indian War miniatures.in 28mm.
   d. Cyberpunk style miniatures in 28mm.
   e. Civilian vehicles in 28mm.

Terrain:
   a. Modern city streets and sidewalks.
   b. Mud brick houses/hovels.
   c. Realistic looking river 6" wide for 28mm.
   d. Cobblestone roads for 28mm.

These might take a minute....