Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 09:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1703219
  • Total Topics: 119265
  • Online Today: 615
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!  (Read 12296 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2024, 09:14:01 PM »
Another months goes by and another slow coming update...

My Orc Big Boss and 'is Ladz, ready to put the boot in on sum humies. The Big Boss is a simple conversion, a head swop with one from the classic Rogue Trader plastic Orks. The head looks a little big up close but really that's just because he's shouting.

Here's the warband in all it's...glory...?

Now I have two mid-sized warbands I plan on playing some games...when I finally get some free time. Sadly, working in a school means the run-up to the summer break is crazy busy and new jobs keep popping up all the time. I'm hoping in the holidays I can even rope the kids into a game...maybe...

I've also been busy with another little hobby-related project but more on that upon its conclusion...never enough time... ::)
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Classic Colours Paint Range, an Ogre and an Orc & Goblin Warband!
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2024, 09:30:41 PM »
Well, it's been a bit of a crazy time at home and work recently what with the end of the school year but I finally managed to finish something...well two (or three things actually). First up is...

Behold my own non-existent range of paints...Classic Colours mk. 2! A few years ago I decided to recreate an old range of paints and over the past year or so I decided to cut the number of paints down a bit. Anyway, I stripped the range down to these 36 plus a couple of varnishes and some washes (I keep them separately in a tub). I went with 12 colours (a full wheel), 6 browns, 6 greyscale, some metallics and a few other choices colours.

As you can see I favour the flip top pots as I prefer the control I have over how much paint I can draw from them. As some of you might recognise I went (partly) with some old-school names too. You can also see the colour wheel I made using the 12 colours (painted on); rotating the wheel reveals complementary & triadic colours...a handy little device.

Next up is Bonecruncha the ogre...

A HeroQuest classic that I converted slightly to give him a wee bit of a more natural pose. He was fun to paint and convert up. In my Classic Wargame rules ogres are a beast that can join a warband as they love a good fight. In battle if they fail a Nerve Roll then they become enraged and know not friend from foe!

He'll be joining my Orc & Goblin Warband who'll be facing off against my Human Warband at some point soonish this summer...