Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Mantic TerrainCrate 3: Bring The Background To The Foreground  (Read 904 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Mantic have the third of their terrain crates up on KS - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manticgames/terraincrate-3-bring-the-background-to-the-foreground

There's a forest crate, a scatter scenery crate and a mat

£50 for one crate, £95 for two and £125 for both crates and the mat (£120 early bird pledge, with loads left as I type). There also appear to be some extras available

I don't need any more scatter pieces, but I may get the alien forest, as it would at least make a change from aquarium plants :D

Mantic's plastic ranges from bad to good, but most of the pieces look fairly chunky, so fingers crossed :-I

Campaign runs until 6 Dec, with delivery October 23

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
Mantic's plastic ranges from bad to good, but most of the pieces look fairly chunky, so fingers crossed

The actual plastic material is the problem for me.  I bought some of the original crates and the pieces wouldn't take a spray primer no matter how much I cleaned them.  They'd go tacky and some are still tacky years later.  I'll pass on the KS and if the reviews say they've fixed the formula I'll likely pick some up at retail.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 01:26:49 AM by rwwin »

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
The actual plastic material is the problem for me.  I bought some of the original crates and the pieces wouldn't take a spray primer no matter how much I cleaned them.  They'd go tacky and some are still tacky years later.  I'll pass on the KS and if the reviews say they've fixed the formula I'll likely pick some up at retail.

I have a lot of their stuff, but now I come to think of it, I don't think I've ever painted any o_o

This ends Tuesday 6 December. I have to admit that I haven't backed it myself. In the end it just didn't quite do it for me. They added a new crate of Xenos scenery, but even that didn't quite manage to tempt me. Look at me, all growed up and able to resist stu - wait, what's that over there :D

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic

I think that's mainly for their old PVC, like Terrain Crate 1. The newer PVC is better...but it's still PVC. So a bitch to clean and you do need to think about which paints to use.
I pledged 50 for the forest crate, that stuff is just too cool for my sci-fi projects and should be easy to paint with an airbrush and some quick drybrushing.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”