Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689217
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Xenos Rampant sweep and clear  (Read 1410 times)

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
Xenos Rampant sweep and clear
« on: November 23, 2022, 10:45:32 AM »

Well i had to give it a go?, looked at the units and constructed some Dune factions, 24 points scenario one sweep and clear.
The battle for the city is almost ended and the Sardaukar and there Harkonnen extra's search for survivors. Reamains of the Atreides find a force of Fremen who want to help them escape.
The table was simple ruins and corner deployment, the Atreides got first activation and the Fremen had infiltrate so were upon the unit of Harkonnens, the fight was fast and the Fremen devisted there foes. things were looking good for the Atreides, a second fremen unit hit the flank of the Sarduker force and they alos destroyed them loosing a few men. the turn went to the Sarduker one unit attacking the Fremen who had killed the Harkonnens, the fight was again fast the Fremen suffered and retreated, the main force advanced to meet the Atreides, the battle was then to see the Sardauker wipe out the flank Fremen the Sardauker commander then attacked the Commander of the Atreides he fell after a vicious fight a second unit of Atreides then suffered the same fate being wiped out to a man by a Sardauker unit who then turned on the remaining Fremen unit with fire power the brave Fremen eventually retreated leaving a victory to the Hand of the Emperor.
Well I probably missed a few things but the game was fast and very enjoyable, the Sardauker and Atredies i gave level 2 force fields that altered a lot of the fights and to me worked wonderful. the infiltration and 10 strong man group of Fremen fought as i wanted also.
loads of fun and to me its works so well using all sorts of things i tried to point the units up so they were only a few adds. Well done Richard and Daniel, my miniatures collection will be open again for battle.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Xenos Rampant sweep and clear
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 12:25:39 PM »
Seems a very brutal game!

I suppose the key message is that you were able to stat up the two forces, and that they played the way you expected them to! Sometimes with the more open systems it can take a few goes to get the different troop types to feel right in using the rules, but sounds like you avoided this problem

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 02:40:07 AM »
I Didn't think of useing xenoa rampant for some dune games. Nice to see it works well for that setting.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 08:03:47 AM »
Nicely done, or should that be, 'Nicely Dune'  ??? ??? ???

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 10:41:25 AM »
That sounds fun. My book is ordered , will try if the rules work for Vietnam Wargames.
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 08:49:13 PM »
Happy to hear the rules worked well in this genre.