Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Who needs enemies with friends like this- Team Yankee project in 1/100  (Read 13558 times)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
Re: Who needs enemies with friends like this- Team Yankee project in 1/100
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 06:59:57 AM »
Beautiful Fitters!  :-*

Great to see this collection developing.
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 07:30:49 PM »
Thank you, guys! The rest is coming soon.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2023, 06:22:15 PM »
Mi-24s. These started to arrive to Hungary in the late 70s, originally they had this Russian camo scheme. The green-yellow scheme they served for 30 years with came later, with their Hungarian industrial renovation. These renovations began right in the mid 80s (for Russian aircraft there is a fixed cycle for these), but the latest arrived helicopters got the Russian camo till the 90s. So, for the mid 80s of TY I had to give them the Russian camo.

The models themselves are 1/100 scale from the TY box, I built them with the wheels out so they can land. I think these have the most parts of all TY models, but still not too difficult to assembe compared to a regular 1/72 model. It helps to paint the weapons separately though.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:47:10 PM by Freddy »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2023, 09:51:10 PM »
Very nice. I have two of those in 1/48 scale sitting in the stash. About time I put them together.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio năo tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeăo mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2023, 09:04:08 AM »
Nice heli's.

I've got some of my own to paint but I've not done camo for about 40 years and suspect mine would look just las if my 10yo self had painted them.

What's your method??

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2023, 11:00:42 AM »
Thank you, guys!
I have two of those in 1/48 scale sitting in the stash. About time I put them together.
I have another one in 1/72, this is having the yellow-green camo scheme i mentioned above (plus the post-1989 markings). Also a Mi-24A in Soviet colours, waiting to be completed- these will be used in the 1/35 project.

I've got some of my own to paint but I've not done camo for about 40 years and suspect mine would look just las if my 10yo self had painted them.
I also paint with a normal brush, I do not have an airbrush. No big tricks though.
-Paint more thin layers rather than one thick one, and do not be afraid to use a big brush.
-If you can (the pattern allows), always paint the lighter colour first.
-If you do not want sharp edges, use diluted paint to imitate the edges of the sprayed spots (overspraying is minimal even in 1:1, modelers overdo it for the feel. In 1/100 I just painted sharp edges.)
-spots with different shines are ugly. When you are done, cover the entire stuff with one layer of lacquer to make an unified shine. I just use GW Purity Seal spray. Also helps to make the decals more resilient.

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2023, 11:52:08 AM »
Thanks I'll give that a go.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2023, 10:06:32 PM »
Conversions of my soldier from the first page. On the right there is one wearing field cap, on the left there is one from the Worker Guard (Munkásőrség). Worker Guard was a communist militia formed after the 1956 revolution, the communists saw that the soldiers sided with the people (it was called Peoples Army after all...), so they made an explicitly communist militia. Part-time soldiers, a bit like the USA National Guard, they had mostly light weapons (some RPGs and mortars), their task was to protect important buildings and factories, secure key infrastructure, fight against enemy infiltrators and, above all, against civilian unrest. As the country lived peacefully, in the reality they acted mostly as auxiliary police, maintanining veterinary quarantines, fighting against natural disasters, searching missing persons and such things. They were disbanded after the political system changing.

I would like to make a unit of them for Team Yankee, as a mobilised reserve force they will use civilian vehicles, a chance to paint something that is not green :)

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2023, 08:50:15 PM »
Su-25s. There was a plan for Hungary to buy one company of these, but it never happened, so they got the Soviet markings.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Not a welcome sight for any NATO tank commander, for sure...

But a great addition to your Magyarok! 8)

I still have a duo of F-104 Starfighters, to support my Dutch, on the desk which I really need to finish. Perhaps this week I'll be able to slap some paint on those widowmakers... ::)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great collection Freddy!

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Thank you, guys! Now I am done with the two starter boxes, time to add more :) Even with those two boxes, I am still not at 100pts.
Not a welcome sight for any NATO tank commander, for sure...
Oh yeah, H25 missiles are basically autokill against all tanks, my aforementioned friend commanding the imperialist West German Leo2s was really not happy when the peace loving working people of the Warsaw Pact greeted them with a salvo of H25s.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Group pic, yay.

Offline irishserb

• Assistant
Wow!  Absolutely excellent and inspiring work on all. 

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Those troops oughta be able to fight somebody.  And they look good, too!

Well done!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"