Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689639
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Norton is moderating my blog to … dangerous!  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
Norton is moderating my blog to … dangerous!
« on: February 22, 2023, 08:32:43 PM »
My blog has been tagged as Dangerous by Norton, is this the what wargame blogs and forums are going to become subject to?

I have put the Norton warning screenshot up on the blog.

Sad day! LINK

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2023/02/my-blog-is-listed-as-dangerous-by-norton.html

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Norton is moderating my blog to … dangerous!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 09:11:15 PM »
Try removing all upper case 'Q's from the blog. Failing that, remove the links to the Isis recruiting page. That should do the trick.

Oh and put your clothes back on for those AAR shots.

:D
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 09:46:14 PM »
I will have a go, anything is worth  a shot :-)

Someone kindly on another forum mention that as the web page is characterised as Phishing, that it is unlikely to be content related, which at least from a community point of view is a good thing. ….. now where are my socks!

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 09:50:42 PM »
Try removing all upper case 'Q's from the blog. Failing that, remove the links to the Isis recruiting page. That should do the trick.

Oh and put your clothes back on for those AAR shots.

:D

lol lol lol

I noticed that Norton does that with a few wargaming blogs, recently I tried following up on some battle reports posted here and it always flagged the blogs for some reason. No idea why.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 10:27:12 PM »
What an excellent reminder not to allow idiotware like Norton onto your home PC!

lol

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 11:02:15 PM »
pishing for sure, lots and lots of pish.

yet another reason not to let norton anything near your computer, safe is one thing, but..

Your clearly trying to recruit people via loose references to "war" "gaming" and "battle" amongst other things, which as everyone knows is a slippery slope into, into, ooh shiney.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 02:34:43 AM »
I have a long list of blogs Norton won't let me near. :-[ I have submitted disputes and for a while I was able to get the designation reversed but lately Norton has been a bit very about it.

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 06:39:31 AM »
Bloody Americans. Can you imagine the problems I had with expressions such as ‘piling on the faggots’?

Online TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 09:07:24 AM »
I tried to comment on your blog Norm, but Google is being a pain about letting me leave comments...

I'd guess this is because (as with most blogs) yours is http:// rather than https://
My own blog currently shows as "Not Secure" in a small box at the start of the URL bar in Chrome because it uses http://  (whereas this web page has a little padlock because it uses https://).

There's no real need for a website (or blog) to use https:// unless it's capturing sensitive data (passwords, banking details). It was introduced to secure such activities, but it does come with a cost - so guess what, the corporate forces driving the current iteration of the internet are pushing more and more for https to become "standard" so that they can then make money out of folk using it.

Also internet security companies (who have a vested interest in making people pay for "safety") seem to be flagging http:// as "dangerous" for no reason other than to sell their expensive kit.

So your blog is safe to use. Norton are either being hyper cautious, or attempting to force more people to pay for unnecessary security certificates and promote the efficacy of their product (which it is will depend on your personal  cynicism rating :D ).

Appeal the decision and/or stop using Norton.

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 12:27:38 PM »
Thanks all.

Re leaving a comment on my blog, I am finding at the moment with blogger that when I want to leave a comment on a blog, it says error - but ALWAYS on the 4th attempt of hitting the Publish button, it goes through.

I expect some upgrade somewhere along the line has caused an unintentional consequence …… and that somewhere further along the same line, it will just get fixed :-)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 09:29:07 PM »
What an excellent reminder not to allow idiotware like Norton onto your home PC!

lol

This.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Online TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 12:14:39 AM »
Thanks all.

Re leaving a comment on my blog, I am finding at the moment with blogger that when I want to leave a comment on a blog, it says error - but ALWAYS on the 4th attempt of hitting the Publish button, it goes through.

I expect some upgrade somewhere along the line has caused an unintentional consequence …… and that somewhere further along the same line, it will just get fixed :-)

It's not your blog specifically that gives me a problem.
It's Chrome. Chrome allows you to block cookies (quite rightly) but Blogger requires certain cookies to be enabled to allow you to use your Google account to post. I can't even reply to comments on my own posts using my Goggle account that I need to be logged in to to update my blog (the one that I can't reply to comments on).
Both Chrome and Blogger are owned by Google, so why is this a thing I wonder idly to myself?

If I were a multi-billion pound tech company that owned different internet platforms that needed to talk to one another to make my users' lives easier I'd just, you know, simply make that happen.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2023, 12:16:37 AM »
I've always wondered if all that software designed to "protect" us was actually a beacon light for problems.  Why I've never bothered.  Being a Mac person, never really been much of an issue (like zero).  And, yes, dear pendants, I am aware there are real issues with Mac security but I just don't care - anyone trying to hack my computer is in serious need of a better life. 

Somewhere, somehow, someday, somewhen, Google blog is going to want to make money from its users and then 98.67% of all Google blogs will be historical records without any updates at all anymore.  A sad day when it arrives.  Then, if they charge access for the 'historical' blogs - oh, no and oh, my, we'll be back to connecting in person with people in our own little orbits.  That world always seemed to work just fine.  The world survived just fine pre-internet and it will get along okay post-internet.  Except for shopping.  That won't go away.  Actually, and I'm the last person in all of eternity you can expect such a statement from, but that has actually turned out to be, by far and away, the most useful part of the internet.  The rest is just 'chatter'.  News?  Get serious.  Once upon a time I'd say about our long defunct 'second' local newspaper that it was where you could get "yesterdays news tomorrow".  The internet, literally, is now delivering last years news next week.  Pretty sad.  And, yes, of course I know you can get more up-to-date stories.  Like they first said when TV news first appeared, there wasn't enough news in a day to fill even 15 minutes.  Still isn't, apparently.  And that in a world with 8 billion people! 

If Twitter dies, I'm pretty sure the next social media phenomenon will be a site called Addlepated!   lol
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 12:27:22 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2023, 12:10:12 AM »

lol

lol

This.

Reminds me of a Matthew Holness bit on Bruiser where he is the abrasive IT guy. Deeming everything below his standard as "wank" or "toss".

« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 07:00:21 PM by FreakyFenton »

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2023, 11:14:35 AM »
Bruiser - awesome reference!