Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:45:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Xenos Rampant Ceasefire  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
Xenos Rampant Ceasefire
« on: March 03, 2023, 04:21:34 PM »
So with the call of a ceasefire, the glorious troops of the Freedom Coalition used their precious downtime and headed off to the entertainment district.

Unfortunately, so did the jackboot wearing fascists of the The Corp.
With tensions high, could the commanders hold their troops back?

Played Delta, and a good game it was to. I jumped into an early lead due to my opponent failing a Move in the first turn, and then held it going into the penultimate turn, where I made a tactical error to hand the advantage back to my opponent.

Game eventually came down to my last objective score, which was enough to give me victory,  but only by 4 points - my opponent lamented opening fire first.
I only removed a 1pt unit, whereas he'd got my detachment to less than half points.

Final score: 69-65

All scenery and models provided by my opponent, so unfortunately I don't have more details on them.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Xenos Rampant Ceasefire
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 09:35:51 AM »
crikey, what a fantastic looking board !  Nice one.

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 10:14:01 AM »
A fantastic looking terrain, especially the colorful buildings!

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 02:36:22 PM »
Agreed with the others, great looking game!

What'd you think of the XR ruleset?

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 04:55:49 PM »
What'd you think of the XR ruleset?
I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not a fan of mass-battle games, but in many ways this still feels like a skirmish game.
There's a few rule points I'm still struggling with, but I think it's a game I and my opponent will be sticking with.

Offline NotifyGrout

• Librarian
  • Sub-Random, Cut-Up, Trident
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 01:59:55 AM »
In this age of tons of choice, it's always nice to see someone finding a rulebook that works for them.

I definitely recognize the models- the Freedom Coalition is Mantic Rebs, and the Corp are Mantic Enforcers.

The terrain looks very familiar, but I can't find it. I've know I've seen those vertical pod-shaped bikes/scooters/enclosed Segways before. Other than an obvious "it was designed with Infinity in mind" I didn't find much else.
https://www.instagram.com/notify_grout/
Current projects: collecting way too many vintage Warzone models.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 12:11:49 PM »

The terrain looks very familiar, but I can't find it. I've know I've seen those vertical pod-shaped bikes/scooters/enclosed Segways before. Other than an obvious "it was designed with Infinity in mind" I didn't find much else.

Antenociti on both counts I believe.   Sadly OOP.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 12:26:48 PM »
Antenociti on both counts I believe.   Sadly OOP.
I agree; and I think that those specific buildings are test types, released in a limited way shortly before or after the Kickstarter. That's because the KS designs were quite involved (especially with all the resin add-ons), and I think Jed was looking for a simpler design to roll out.

They are based on the Mass Effect style of modular hab-pods; and yes, intended for Infinity (and, briefly, his own game "Fate Amenable to Change").

As the final production version, he ended up with some very nice pre-painted designs in a very similar style that were much easier to assemble, but they are all now sadly OOP too.  :(

Offline Tolchok

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 01:51:10 PM »
I didn't realise this was headed for LAF, but nice to have my scenery on show!

It is almost all AW stuff as rightly pointed out (darned shame they closed), the buildings were indeed from before their kickstarter if I recall, back when nobody was really doing MDF terrain and I picked them up on a bit of a whim and this might be the first time they've been used.

And, for the record, the peace loving rightful forces of law and order were taking some well earned R&R when some terrorist types jumped them.  So the rightful forces of law & order had no option but to..... errrr...... shoot first.