Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange sattelite....  (Read 987 times)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Strange sattelite....
« on: May 05, 2023, 07:50:42 PM »
Grabbed something based and primed from my stash and gave it a quick paintjob and some decals. The model is the plastic Soyoez capsule from the 1/144 Revell ISS Space Station (which is a must buy for scratchbuilders, if you can get it cheap).

As seen in the news:

National Inquirer
: Sattelite downed from Space! Cows milk glows!

Pravda
: Capitalist were unable to keep sattelite in space, again proving Soviet space superiority

New York Times: Unidentified sattelite crashed down to Earth, USA Government is silent.

Republic of Wadiya Herald
: Aneezah the Goat makes succesful landing. Wadiya Space Program a great succes!

(Scenery for my growing AK-47 collection, makes for a nice objective or just scatter junk in Sci-Fi games)

Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Strange sattelite....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 08:42:55 PM »
Cool, great idea :)

Offline Ewart

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 09:15:15 PM »
Lovely idea. Excellent execution.

I’ve just tried to eBay the 1/144 ISS, the cheapest I could find is £125.00!

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 10:14:15 PM »
Lovely idea. Excellent execution.

I’ve just tried to eBay the 1/144 ISS, the cheapest I could find is £125.00!

Try joining a kit trade and swap group and ask around for incomplete ones. Ebay is a joke these days anyway, for anything. Then again, I bought mine for a fiver at the Goodwill, so who knows what you can find on your end.

Offline Joelegan

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 12:15:01 AM »
Great idea and a well done piece.
Thanks
Joe

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 06:26:39 AM »
Brill  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 10:25:26 AM »
Cool piece of scenery! 8)

I have recently ordered a cheap (€3,13) 1/144 Reaper Drone from AliExpress for the same purpose. My inspiration is the crashed drone you can find in the 3rd S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, just east of the starting point in the first area of the game.

A Reaper drone at the correct scale would absolutely huge on the table, but I figured a 1/72 or smaller might work as an objective of some kind. And at 1/144, it'll be sized to work as a smaller type drone too.

Your Sojoez looks great. perhaps also model a pressure suit wearing goat to go with it? ;)

And when you say Goodwill, do you mean Kringloop? It never occured to me to look there for model kits to be honest. Toys and books, yes, but not kits...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 10:32:44 AM »
Cool piece of scenery! 8)

I have recently ordered a cheap (€3,13) 1/144 Reaper Drone from AliExpress for the same purpose. My inspiration is the crashed drone you can find in the 3rd S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, just east of the starting point in the first area of the game.

A Reaper drone at the correct scale would absolutely huge on the table, but I figured a 1/72 or smaller might work as an objective of some kind. And at 1/144, it'll be sized to work as a smaller type drone too.

Your Sojoez looks great. perhaps also model a pressure suit wearing goat to go with it? ;)

And when you say Goodwill, do you mean Kringloop? It never occured to me to look there for model kits to be honest. Toys and books, yes, but not kits...

I have a few goats spare, but they are 20mm. Hmm, pressure suited goat......is a great idea.

Yup, Kringloop. Only find a kit every few months or so, if they are incomplete they go into the parts bin. If they are complete and rare and I don't need them....I just resell them and use the funds to pick up more stuff :P. I'm lucky I have 3 Goodwills withing cycling distance, though one will be closing soon as she is being robbed blind by people (which pisses me off immensely....prices are very cheap to begin with and still stuff gets stolen...... o_o )

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2023, 10:40:59 AM »
I have a few goats spare, but they are 20mm. Hmm, pressure suited goat......is a great idea.
Do it! :D

Yup, Kringloop. Only find a kit every few months or so, if they are incomplete they go into the parts bin. If they are complete and rare and I don't need them....I just resell them and use the funds to pick up more stuff :P.

We have a few around here too. I once picked up a full collection of Privateer Press's No Quarter magazines plus a huge stack of Warmachine and Hordes rulebooks for next to nothing at one. I'll now be on the lookout for model kits too when I swing by one; thanks for the suggestion! :)

I'm lucky I have 3 Goodwills withing cycling distance, though one will be closing soon as she is being robbed blind by people (which pisses me off immensely....prices are very cheap to begin with and still stuff gets stolen...... o_o )
That is just ridiculous and vile, stealing from a Kringloop...  >:(

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2023, 10:54:48 AM »
This reminds me of the experience of my brothers. During Apartheid South Africa he was in the military and patrolling townships and their surprise when they went into one of the tin shacks and happened to find a heart machine that had been stolen from one of the local hospitals.