Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hungarian Revolution 1848 Range - Keelman Miniatures  (Read 983 times)

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
Hungarian Revolution 1848 Range - Keelman Miniatures
« on: May 08, 2023, 09:23:16 AM »
Folks,

Thought I'd pop a post up to say that Keelman Miniatures have launched a Hungarian Revolution 1848-49 range.

These are the figures which were previously sold by Steve Barber and commissioned originally by Shipka and others on this forum. There seem to be more figures than were on Steve's pages, so perhaps some new figures are in the range too.

I hope to pick some up from them soon as they will be at Carronade in Falkirk this coming weekend.

https://keelmenminiatures.co.uk/product-category/hungary-1848-49/

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Hungarian Revolution 1848 Range - Keelman Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
Thanks Emir for the link. Actually, there are three missing miniatures from the range from my count. As the largest contributor to the range with commissions through Steve Barber I was asked before hand about the selling of the range so Steve could keep his business going.

Cheers!

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline rupert

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 02:21:13 PM »
Thanks for the post Emir -there are some that Steve never got around to putting on his website (but did put into moulds) so Ive been able to add them

Helen - the three figures you mention were never released by Steve so unfortunatly (despite the greens pics appearing on here) Steve chose not to include them in the sale. (I did ask) I guess they are in a cupboard gathering dust

I intend to expand the range, adding in more variation (particularly to the Grenz) filling some gaps (Ive a grenz drummer in field cap ready for moulding) and then adding in the cavalry - starting with 'old' hussar regiment and banat hussars. I am open to suggestions as to what to add.

Rupert
www.keelmenminiatures.co.uk

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 03:09:30 PM »
will Keelman have a stand at any shows this summer?

interested in seeing the Jacobite figures up close (although really looking for 1689)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline rupert

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 04:08:44 PM »
will Keelman have a stand at any shows this summer?

interested in seeing the Jacobite figures up close (although really looking for 1689)

Im at Carronade, Border Reiver and Battleground. (Maybe Fiasco - waiting to hear) Its very tricky getting a stand in shows these days.  The Jacobites are ex-reiver castings - Im replacing them slowly.  I wont have them at Carronade (no room) but if you were attending and there were particular ones you wanted to see I could bring them with me. Have you had a look at Northumberland painters https://www.paintinghistory.co.uk/ - they have a 1689 range that is from the same sculptor?

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 08:15:41 PM »
Helen - the three figures you mention were never released by Steve so unfortunately (despite the greens pics appearing on here) Steve chose not to include them in the sale. (I did ask) I guess they are in a cupboard gathering dust

I intend to expand the range, adding in more variation (particularly to the Grenz) filling some gaps (I've a grenz drummer in field cap ready for moulding) and then adding in the cavalry - starting with 'old' hussar regiment and banat hussars. I am open to suggestions as to what to add.
Rupert
www.keelmenminiatures.co.uk
Thanks Rupert. Its nice to read you will continue with the range. The variations of dress in the national guard was an area I was particularly fond of.

I'm getting back into painting this Winter so will paint up more of the miniatures. There is so much scope within to expand the range. Look forward to seeing additional releases.

Cheers!

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 08:24:31 PM »
I intend to expand the range, adding in more variation (particularly to the Grenz) filling some gaps (Ive a grenz drummer in field cap ready for moulding) and then adding in the cavalry - starting with 'old' hussar regiment and banat hussars. I am open to suggestions as to what to add.
Nice to see this range getting some attention :)
As a suggestion for the hussars, for the Imperial hussar regiments (who, being Hungarian, all sided with the revolution) the uniform and the armament was exactly the same as in the the Napoleonic wars (the carbine was converted for percussion, but otherwise the same weapon), which already has a wide range of these available. The only exception was the shako plume, which was a new, smaller model- if I were you, I'd simply do a replacement headset for the Perry plastics.

For the National Guard, yes there is a huge variety of uniforms, Steve Barber already has some of these, If I were you, I'd expand those into a full range (commander, banner, drummer, 3-4 soldier poses).

Offline ChrisBBB

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 11:56:41 AM »
Pleased to see this range expanding. I hope this will encourage more gamers to build armies and explore this fascinating conflict. I wish Keelman Miniatures every success!