Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Boys Weekend Away - Partizan & National Civil War Centre  (Read 1125 times)

Offline carojon

• Mastermind
    • JJ's Wargames
Boys Weekend Away - Partizan & National Civil War Centre
« on: May 27, 2023, 05:37:45 AM »
Last weekend I enjoyed a very pleasant trip up to Newark on Trent in Nottinghamshire and a stay over in historic Lincoln the county town and city of, of course, Lincolnshire.

Visits included a trip to the National Civil War Centre and another look at the Queen's Sconce, followed by a night stayover in a 16th century merchant's house and the next day enjoying the delights of Partizan 2023 the next day.

If you would like to read an account of the trip, then just follow the link to JJ's

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2023/05/boys-big-beano-weekend-to-newark.html

JJ
Often it is better to remain silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all possible doubt.

http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Boys Weekend Away - Partizan & National Civil War Centre
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 07:05:46 AM »
Gosh an awful lot to take in. Thanks for taking the time to post all of that. :-*

Online Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Boys Weekend Away - Partizan & National Civil War Centre
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 07:48:49 AM »
Last weekend I enjoyed a very pleasant trip up to Newark on Trent in Nottinghamshire and a stay over in historic Lincoln the county town and city of, of course, Lincolnshire.

Visits included a trip to the National Civil War Centre and another look at the Queen's Sconce, followed by a night stayover in a 16th century merchant's house and the next day enjoying the delights of Partizan 2023 the next day.

If you would like to read an account of the trip, then just follow the link to JJ's

https://jjwargames.blogspot.com/2023/05/boys-big-beano-weekend-to-newark.html

JJ

Excellent write up and photos - I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Lincoln! Castle View Indian is really excellent - you often have to book well in advance. Also, we're a city rather than a town.  :D

The Civil War Centre in Newark really impressed me. The thing there that really blew me away was the handkerchief with Charles 1's blood all over it, from the merry old tradition of... collecting blood from an execution.

Partizan looked like a good one - I missed it this year as I was away.