Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] ENDED - Greek Hoplite Waterslide Decals for Wargaming  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Hello everyone. Carthage Must Be Destroyed.

This time we may just destroy Carthage thanks to the Greeks. I just launched a new campaign featuring Greek inspired hoplite shield decals. You can check out the full campaign here: http://kck.st/3WUWVDB

In this campaign the goal is to raise funds to create a series of hoplite shield decals inspired by the pottery, art, and coins left behind by the ancients. Each image seen in the campaign decal sheets were originally an art or pottery piece, coin, or something from or influenced by the ancient world of the Greeks.

A single decal sheet in this campaign contains 180 images. Each sheet is approximately 12 x 22 cm. The individual decals mostly measure about 1 cm in height and width but will vary with shape and image as seen below. The decals are small enough to be applied to most hoplite shields for 1/56 (28mm) scale miniature wargaming. Each image repeats 8 times and has two different colored versions per sheet, with the exception of the last grouping of pottery images, which we've split between both sheets. This should give collectors and gamers enough decals to create a lot of diversity with different painted shields in their phalanx.

Additionally, for this campaign's stretch goals we want to release some silhouette versions of the shield decals. We have seen both vividly colored hoplite shields in wargaming as well as simple bronze shields with simple designs on them. We feel that by allowing the option to have silhouettes will give those of you who like the simplicity of this style the ability to decorate your shields as well if you prefer to. Each decal image has two black, two white, two red, and two yellow silhouette shades. Again we've split the final pottery decal image twice between both sheets.

Here are some examples of single hoplites with several of the shield decals. They are all victrix miniatures.

And these Greeks decided to follow Alexander and hang out in Assyria for a time. Vacations are nice.

There are a lot of Greek options out there when it comes to minis and decals, so this was my attempt to add to the selection. Hope you all like the campaign and the decals and I hope to see you there! http://kck.st/3WUWVDB
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 06:35:26 AM by Wiegraf »

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Stunning, good luck with 'em!
 :-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Tim Haslam

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Brilliant,

Can I also ask, where is the scenery from?
A millionaire trapped in a peasants body!

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Thanks lads!

Can I also ask, where is the scenery from?

Scenery is my own Desert Guard Tower from my old studio (Steepled Hat Studios) which is now defunct. I currently however do not produce terrain.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
I currently however do not produce terrain.
That is a shame if that bit is anything to go by.
Nice work on the Hoplites, though I still haven't used any of the
medieval, sorry, most excellent medieval  shield transfers yet.

Offline Ran The Cid

• Bookworm
Now this is a great value.  I'll be signing onto the Kickstarter shortly.

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
That is a shame if that bit is anything to go by.
Nice work on the Hoplites, though I still haven't used any of the
medieval, sorry, most excellent medieval  shield transfers yet.

Thanks! Glad you liked the heraldic ones. I will have to do more of them as there are lots of other styles one could try out. :)

Now this is a great value.  I'll be signing onto the Kickstarter shortly.

Thank you so much for the support! Now we are working on the stretch goals so we can get even more options unlocked. Which means that yes, the campaign was already funded, so thank you everyone for supporting!

Here's a group shot of hoplites. I am rather meticulous when I paint so I don't have a full fledged unit (for me I go by the Hail Caesar minimums of my games with 160 mm fronts). But I rather like all the colors and different shields when put together.

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Hello everyone. Thank you all again for your interest. The campaign has past its stretch goal of $5500 CAD and all sheets are unlocked. Now silhouette versions of the decals are available to pledge for. Check it out here: http://kck.st/3WUWVDB

Painted up these Spartan Generals and used one of the silhouette decals as an example. They're from Warlord Games, and are great models. The shield decals will fit on pretty much any of the 28mm Greek Hoplite shields out there, from foundry to Warlord to Victrix.

Thanks again everyone for supporting and backing the campaign! Cheers

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
Great stuff, all the best with the project, alas I have completed my Greeks 

Cheers
Matt

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Hello everyone. Just a final note that this campaign is about to come to an end this weekend. It was funded successfully and all extra reward sheets were also unlocked. This is your last chance to back the campaign! Thanks again for sharing and checking it out! Cheers!

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
Re: [Kickstarter] ENDED - Greek Hoplite Waterslide Decals for Wargaming
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 06:35:12 AM »
Just an update - everyone who backed had their items shipped out. Thank you again to everyone for supporting this campaign.

If you want to check more or missed the campaign, all my decals are now on my etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DestroyCarthage

Looking forward to seeing all your greek hoplite work! Cheers.

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 10:56:06 AM »
Got some. They are great value and cool decals! 

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2023, 11:04:43 AM »
I’ll order some. They look perfect for my Foundry Holli yes I wasn’t sure how to sort shield patterns for.

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2023, 09:13:28 AM »
Here's a review and another demo of their use....

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2023, 09:45:10 AM »
Wiegraf
Mate those decals look great , well done .
However where are the Carthaginian   Ones ...????
Cheers