Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690750
  • Total Topics: 118346
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Combat Zone scenario with painted models [PICS]  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Combat Zone scenario with painted models [PICS]
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
Some time ago I devised a devious scenario for our Combat Zone games. The scenario, in which several interested parties raid a factory producing crates is now published in the Combat Zone Chronicles:

http://www.combatzonechronicles.net/cozoxc/crates.htm

Not all piccies were included in the article so here is the rest:

I've also made a map to aid in deployment:
http://members.lycos.nl/Pil3/Miniatures/Crate%20Factory/map.jpg

You can read more about the paintjobs and the conversions in the article:

http://www.combatzonechronicles.net/cozoxc/crates.htm

Enjoy!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Re: Combat Zone scenario with painted models [PICS]
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »

Excellent miniatures, Pil! I just got the Combat Zone rules a few weeks ago, and once I've finished my Old West project, I'll be moving on to a modern horror/combat game - so these are great inspiration! The painting is fantastic, and the crates and factory-bots are really well done. I love how the crate fits so neatly into the bots "arms". Is it a commercial figure that's produced that way, or a conversion? If it's a conversion, how was it done?
Oh, and all the transport containers are a great backdrop!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
Thanks for your kind words!

The robots are all conversions (only the arms though). The body and legs are from the smallest of the mechs here:
http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html

The arms differ per model, the one with the sheet above it's head simply had cut down guns from the same plastic robot set. The one holding the crate has arms made from 2mm plastic rod and some details from the Urban War Platform Builder set:
http://thehobbybox.biz/images/Urban%20Mammoth/33903Platsmall.jpg

The other robot (standing next to the girl) also had arms made from Platform Builder bits, 2mm plastic rod and some GW hubcaps on the shoulders.

The refrigerator crates are larger versions of Infinity boxes avalable in PDF here:
http://www.toposolitario.es/workshop/hovercraft/objetive_markers.pdf

To blow them up (and make more of the same) I just copy-pasted a screenshot taken from the PDF in a Word document. It's roughly twice the size as the original. It wasn't designed to fit the robot arms, that's just a happy coincidence.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »
Seen it through the e-mail newsletter. Very nice though, you must be in postive equity what with all the credit your articles earn you! ;)

Nicely done.

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »
A lovely set of figures, Pil. I love them all but especially the babe in the stripey tights. Unusual colour combination, but it works perfectly!

I also looks like the "Cargoslave" banner, which looks suspiciously similar to the font used on the Iron Maiden album covers  lol

Offline GregX999

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:07:16 PM »
Wow, those minis look real nice. I really like the paint-job on the girl. And I really like the Ghost too (even though you say you didn't really care for it.)

I keep thinking about getting the Combat Zone rules, but I always seem to get something else instead. I have a few of the more post-apocolyptic em4 figs. They really are nice - it's a shame the paint-jobs in their catalog don't do them justice at all. They should use your paint-jobs instead. :)

Greg

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:54:22 AM »
They really are nice - it's a shame the paint-jobs in their catalog don't do them justice at all. They should use your paint-jobs instead. :)

I'm sure if he suggests it to them they'd be interested. Some others here have done as such in the past for the better images on the site.

I really like the way the bug turned out.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »
Seen it through the e-mail newsletter. Very nice though, you must be in postive equity what with all the credit your articles earn you! ;)

Nicely done.

Definately! I must say the credit system is extremely generous of Doug, but I also realise I wouldn't write that many articles if it wasn't there. So as long as it works for Doug it works for me too 8)

A lovely set of figures, Pil. I love them all but especially the babe in the stripey tights. Unusual colour combination, but it works perfectly!

I also looks like the "Cargoslave" banner, which looks suspiciously similar to the font used on the Iron Maiden album covers  lol

Thanks! The girl worked best for me too but I just couldn't let her deal with all those aliens alone now could I? As for the Cargoslave banner, well, I got a little carried away designing them so there are a few jokes in them 8)

I'm sure if he suggests it to them they'd be interested. Some others here have done as such in the past for the better images on the site.

I really like the way the bug turned out.

Well, Doug is very welcome to use them but of course it would be better if they had a plain background. I do agree that the original pics in the catalog don't do them justice (pics could be a bit bigger too). A lot of my models are converted so they wouldn't qualify but these are unaltered.

I quite like the bug too and I'm glad that you like the Ghost, GregX999, thanks 8)

Edit: if you want the combat zone rules you can get the Gamer's edition fairly cheaply (7 quid I believe) next time you place an order. The rules are rather simple but that makes them very easy to adapt for scenarios.