Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694511
  • Total Topics: 118611
  • Online Today: 570
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Silver Bayonet Canada  (Read 4600 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
The Silver Bayonet Canada
« on: October 21, 2023, 05:37:48 PM »
Did you know the next supplement for The Silver Bayonet is out next month? (November).
It's titled Canada and is written by Ash Barker this time, not Joseph McCullough.
The description of the supplement is here: https://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=17655

North Star are making new figures to go with the game, 4 new Units and 2 new monsters. Here's the first picture, the Lower Canada Unit.

The pre-order campaign for this will start beginning of November, and keep you up to date here.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: The Silver Bayonet Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 07:24:58 PM »
They are jolly noice. So much character in the sculpts. :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 04:18:54 AM »
I can hardly wait...looking forward to this supplement.
Regards
Hitman
😎
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 05:05:56 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-*
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »
So excited for this. Had been planning to do Silver Bayonet in the AWI (Colonial Gothic style), for more of a local tie, but War of 1812 works too!
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 09:11:46 PM »
And pictures for the "Trading Company" are up

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 08:52:42 PM »
I can`t wait for this!

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 03:42:35 AM »
For anyone looking for an actual, real historical conflict to inspire your Silver Bayonet action in Canada, you can read up on the Pemmican War between the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company.  These were two fur trading companies whose operations in what is now Manitoba ended up in an actual shooting war from about 1812 to 1821.  The actions involved very small numbers, just a handful on each side, and often in remote wilderness areas, so would be easy to create gaming scenarios.
Wikipedia article as a starting point:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemmican_War

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 07:28:29 PM »
For anyone looking for an actual, real historical conflict to inspire your Silver Bayonet action in Canada, you can read up on the Pemmican War between the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company.  These were two fur trading companies whose operations in what is now Manitoba ended up in an actual shooting war from about 1812 to 1821.  The actions involved very small numbers, just a handful on each side, and often in remote wilderness areas, so would be easy to create gaming scenarios.
Wikipedia article as a starting point:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemmican_War

Thats fantastic!  Thanks for the heads up. You just sent me down a rabbit hole of  reading. I grew up in Winnipeg and each year we would have a Voyageur Day at my elementary school, where the school was split into the HBC and the NWC and we would have a day of competitions and games. I didn't realize that there was a more violent aspect to the rivalry.

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 08:49:59 PM »
Hi, Chairface!  I have an irrational affection for the HBC, which gets more irrational the more I learn about it  lol  It makes me happy to send another gamer chasing after HBC ephemera!

Offline Aethelflaeda was framed

• Scientist
  • aka Mick the Metalsmith
    • Michael Hayman Handmade Celtic Jewelry
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2023, 09:14:22 PM »
So excited for this. Had been planning to do Silver Bayonet in the AWI (Colonial Gothic style), for more of a local tie, but War of 1812 works too!

I want to see the Napoleonic period exhausted before they start going down the AWI rabbithole.  I would like to see more regency civilians (particularly women) and maybe scenarios/figs in Ireland, Greece or Haiti before shifts in time to an earlier period.  We could use some more Spanish, Neapolitans and Portuguese too.  Urban street urchins are desperately needed.

if there is a time shift, 1820-50s  would be the next shift i would really like to see. 
Mick

aka Mick the Metalsmith
www.michaelhaymanjewelry.com

Margate and New Orleans

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2023, 05:25:25 AM »
Lovely figures! I'm looking forward to this release and the next outbreak! (I hear things are heating up in Egypt!)
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2023, 02:14:00 PM »
Hi, Chairface!  I have an irrational affection for the HBC, which gets more irrational the more I learn about it  lol  It makes me happy to send another gamer chasing after HBC ephemera!

Hi Will! Good to see that you're still out and about. Its been a few years since I had the pleasure meeting you at Hotlead. You've led me down some interesting avenues. Its clear that I need BOTH HBC AND NWC units
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 04:09:37 PM by Chairface »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2023, 02:22:47 PM »
It's titled Canada and is written by Ash Barker this time, not Joseph McCullough.

Even so, Joseph McCullough is a hell of a productive guy. One is a bit impressed with the rate of his output.

Offline Aethelflaeda was framed

• Scientist
  • aka Mick the Metalsmith
    • Michael Hayman Handmade Celtic Jewelry
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2023, 02:46:20 PM »
Lovely figures! I'm looking forward to this release and the next outbreak! (I hear things are heating up in Egypt!)

Is this just a rumor about Egypt?  Any press releases you can point to?  I think Egypt would be a great place to send TSB into.  I just painted a bunch of Bad Squiddo mummies!