Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:01:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690758
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Whispers from the Orient  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Whispers from the Orient
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »
Official communique.

From:   Admiral, Lord Ivor Mough-D' Ivor, Governor, Chilli Province, China.
To: The Japanese Ambassador, Japanese Legation, Peking, China.

Sir, I can assure you that no British officer poses any threat or danger to the Japanese Imperial family. I am gravely concerned by your remark that action will be taken. Can you kindly enlighten me as to exactly what you are referring to?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
There's only one way to settle this....

FIGHT...!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
There's only one way to settle this....

FIGHT...!

Sir,

Her Majesty wishes it to be known that we wish to avoid war at any cost. We are confident that the recent unrest and hostilities with Japan will remain shortlived and our two great nations can once again enjoy a peacefula nd prosperous relationship.

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »
Sir,

Her Majesty wishes it to be known that we wish to avoid war at any cost. We are confident that the recent unrest and hostilities with Japan will remain shortlived and our two great nations can once again enjoy a peacefula nd prosperous relationship.

Rubbish!

BUNDLE!
Don't!

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »
Sir,

Not going to be much of a game boys  lol

"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »
Official communique.

From: The Japanese Ambassador, Japanese Legation, Peking, China.
To: Admiral, Lord Ivor Mough-D' Ivor, Governor, Chilli Province, China.

I'm afraid that I am unable to comment at this time and we are awaiting a response from our govenment on how to proceed. This will not take long as I believe I already know my govenments stand point on this issue and you can take it from me that we feel honour must be restored!
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »
Official communique.

From: The Japanese Ambassador, Japanese Legation, Peking, China.
To: Admiral, Lord Ivor Mough-D' Ivor, Governor, Chilli Province, China.

I'm afraid that I am unable to comment at this time and we are awaiting a response from our govenment on how to proceed. This will not take long as I believe I already know my govenments stand point on this issue and you can take it from me that we feel honour must be restored!

The Admiral Lord Ivor Mough D'Ivor stared at the latest letter in his hand from the Japanese ambassador.

The outcome seemed inevitable. How could he prevent such a crisis unfolding around him? The thoughts went around and around in his head. Perhaps he should just give them Farquar-Farquarson and be done with it. Hero or not the man was a problem.

Ever since Farquarson had become involved with the niece of the Japanese Emperor he had lost all sense of reason...How on earth could a war with Japan be started over a woman, and a pretty ugly one at that mused The admiral.

We could ill afford another conflict. Even though the might of Japan was no match for the discipline and firepower of the British army, we lacked immediate manpower. The war with Prussia was still not over back in England and Her Majesty's forces were stretched even thinner than usual across the globe, with so many troops having been rushed back home to repel the damned Prussians.

He glanced inadvertedly at the globe on his desk, so much of it painted red to represent British rule and now the east was going to be stained red with the blood of so many men. But not over a woman he reasoned!

The admiral had made up his mind. He called at once for his private secretary. " Captain Keene?"
There was no answer.This time he shouted " Captain Keene... Where is Major Farquar-Farquarson, fetch him to me at once".

Still no answer came. Enraged he strode across the office and flung open the door to his secretary's office." Captain Keene, did you not hear my request, WHERE is Farquarson?"

Captain Keene sat at his desk, seemingly oblivious to the commands of his superior, a stunned look upon his face. In his hand he clutched a telegram.

"What is it man?" Shouted the admiral. Captain Keene seemed unable to speak. The Admiral snatched the paper from his trembling hands. Mough D'ivor turned  white as he read the contents.

At precisely 21.55pm  HMAS Cirus departed its dock at Yuan Long, Chilli Province. On Board a mixed command of HM's finest troops and experimental weapons under the command of major Allan Farquar-Farquarson bound for Osaka, Japan.

" Oh my Lord" Muttered the Admiral, "Farquarson what have you done, what folly is this?"

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
Maybe the Admiral has a sudden image of his demise in the expedition the silence a Prussian 'supergun'  ;)
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »
Actually...

Should this affair come to blows, I think deep down I'm hoping for a British disaster.

Not that I'm anti-British, mind you.  It's just that the Brit's do disasters which such panache that they always end up getting made into great movies!

8)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
This sounds like the ideal opportunity to dust off my VSF Japanese army  ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »
This sounds like the ideal opportunity to dust off my VSF Japanese army  ;)

Bring 'Em on Dave, JimBibbly needs all the help he can get ;)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 08:15:14 PM »
I should certainly think I don't (no offence Bullshott  :) ) I can take care of the poxy Brits  ;D

cheers

James

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »
Captain Kato of Steam Cavalry Regiment No. 3 was a happy man. Sitting in the commander's position of his vehicle he contemplated the miracale of German engineering and Teutonic efficiency that was his new Driscoles Ausf. I steam gun carriage, only recently deliverd unshipped at Hiroshima.

The vehicle's steam engine made little noise other than a gentle hissing as it idled. Kato pulled on his smoke hood, adjusted his googgles and tapped his driver on the shoulder to indicate they should start moving. The driver made some adjustments and their mount effortlessly moved forward. To either side were the rest of Kato's squadron, now belching smoke as they steamed into position. Behind them rode their horse-mounted supports. The sight made Kato proud. This was an auspicious day for the regiment.

The Army's rumour mill had been very active recently, with the story that Japan would soon be at war with Britain. If that was the case his regiment would certainly be in the thick of the action. Like all of the officers from his regiment, Kato was impatient for action.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
Ambassador Hiroshige waited in the antechamber unconsiously tapping his fingers. His family had never had the honour of seeing the Emperor but now it was a reality, whether this was a good or not only time would tell. He had been called back to Japan a couple of weeks before and was apprehensive as to how he was going to explain that the Emporors neice had been led astray by the foreign devil Farquarson. The vagrancies of youth maybe, she had been drugged or had been blackmailed, several excuses went through Hiroshige's mind, though he knew that none of them would wash with the Emperor

An attendant came into the antichamber and ushered Hiroshige through to the imperial presence. Hiroshige was rather nervous in the situation, as most amassedors only had contact with flunkies and officials, never with his most imperial majesty Meiji. But being brought from the pokey little Chinese provence directly had alerted Hiroshige to the possiblity that more was at stake than just the royal neice's wellbeing.

"Hiroshige-san, we are glad that could come at such short notice" said the Emeror

"My only thought was to get hear as soon as possible your majesty" he answered, bowing low.

"We understand that our neice has become, how shall we say, embroiled with a westen barbarian and has seemed to have forsaken our way of being. Can you confirm this to be true?"

I am afraid this is the case your highness" Hiroshige answered "She would not listen to our council in this matter and has forgotten all that she was brought up to honour"

"I see" said the emperor "This is a delecate situation Hiroshige-san but unfortunately there appears to be only one outcome. The British have sent an expidition to retrive our neice and their authoroties have denied there is anything going on but we have had reliable information that an expiditionary force is on it's way here to 'extract' our neice and take her away for the pleasure of a
British officer. This must NOT happen" The emperor was quite emphatic on this point. "You must see to it that she is taken to a secret location in the countryside and kept hidden from the British. It is imperative that no-one but you, and those that are trusted know of her whereabouts"

Hiroshige stirred at this because he knew that there might be leaks in the Japanese court, but kept his comments to himself as he knew it was not wise to question the emperor.

"Also" the emperor continued " There are things afoot in China that might lead to our advantage in the long run and cannot be interupted with this 'debarcle'!"

"I understand your majesty" Hiroshige said "My cousin has an estate in Hirakata that would prove a suitable place for your neice to reside in for the forseable future"

"Very well." the emperor concluded "See to it that she is well looked after and you shall gain the honour deserved, if not..." He finished with a meaning full look "Your entire family will beheaded!"

Hiroshige left the imperial place with a sense of relief mixed with foreboading. If this upstart Farquarson decided to advance himself on the imperial neice again then he would be ready to take whatever steps would be neccassary!