Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mistake at Mochila - A Dardenell County game  (Read 917 times)

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
Mistake at Mochila - A Dardenell County game
« on: November 30, 2023, 03:36:25 PM »
Following the "Blood Feud at Vulture Creek" the hombres from Mochila retuned to their cabin in the Mochila Pass to start a 'rebuild season' and our game opens with El Jefe - Miguel Galindo sounding out Marcus Alvarez, Juan Carlos and Nero Padilla while old hands Micahael Ariza and Gilberto Lopez stood guard.
Unbeknownst to our Hispanic friends two professional bounty hunters, Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch, had climbed the eastern hills of the pass and were about to make good on some easy money  ::) 

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
Re: Mistake at Mochila - A Dardenell County game
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 03:56:03 PM »
I'll admit I planned this game as a quick 'shoot up the Mexicans' bit of fun; the bounty hunters were professionals, had good stats, decent weapons and the element of surprise, the Mexicans were very average and indifferently armed. A walk in the park ;) Oh how wrong I was  lol lol
The opening phases saw the bounty hunters move cautiously down the slopes toward cover at the bottom and get set. Unfortunately, by pure luck, Alvarez spotted Cole and shouting "Yankees!" quickly drew and fired. He missed by a country mile but the fight was on!

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 04:10:25 PM »
Not having time to get completely set Cole opened up with both of his Smith & Wesson's - click - a dud!! and the left hand gun missed  ??? This wasn't going quite as planned.
Not to worry, Hitch, ever the consummate professional, had got himself set and aimed at the foolish Alvarez so pulled the trigger on his shotgun fully expecting to see the Mexican flop into the dust - click - another dud! This never happens  :?
For the few seconds Alvarez was the focus of everyone's attention, his friends were shouting the Mexican equivalent of WTF, both bounty hunters fired at him again and missed and he fired again at Cole and missed before diving to the ground in terror.

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 04:20:45 PM »
Recovering their composure both bounty hunters drew a bead on their opponents but the Mochila men weren't going to go down without a fight.
On the roof of the cabin Lopez fired his shotgun down at Hitch mangling the bounty hunters left arm, at the same time, Carlos, Padilla & Galindo opened up on Cole, dropping him seriously wounded.

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 04:30:25 PM »
While the bounty hunters tried to patch themselves up Galindo gave orders; he would cover from behind the wall while Alvarez, Carlos & Padilla  worked their way round to where Cole was. On the roof, Lopez let fly another shot which missed and so he let himself down the trapdoor and into the cabin. Coming from the horses, Ariza worked his way around the back of the cabin to cover Hitch's position. 

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 04:38:32 PM »
Patched up, Cole & Hitch got ready but as soon as Hitch revealed himself he went down with a serious body wound from Galindo. Cole did better, firing off his pistols one after another at Padilla dropping him to the ground.

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 04:50:42 PM »
In the final moments of this 'walk in the park' the luck of the bounty hunters finally ran out.
Cole. still game, fired his twin pistols at Alvarez & Carlos, another click! and Alvarez finished him with another serious body wound.
Hitch, bleeding badly, exchanged shots with Galindo, Ariza & Lopez until his gun was empty but to no effect and looking round to see Alvarez & Carlos drawing a bead he knew it was all over. Shots rang out......

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 07:54:54 PM »
John & I were the (less than consummate) Professionals.  :D

Ian told us, ' As it's just the three of us, and you guys have to leave early, I've planned a quick game'
We took this as an instruction.  ;D
It did NOT start well, of our first four shots (Using percentage dice), three were...100 !! :o :o. i.e. 'Click' (dud shell) not 'Bang' (downed Bandito). :'(

Very soon it was all over bar the shouting, but as that was in Mexican I didn't understand any of it. :D

Fun game, but as it was just this morning I haven't down-loaded my few pictures. I'll aim to add them tomorrow.

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 10:19:37 PM »
Has.been and JC.
Also known as the dud duo by the sounds of it. lol lol
Flatpack

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 10:56:35 AM »
Has.been and JC.
Also known as the dud duo by the sounds of it. lol lol

I will have you know JC & my team came in the top two!!!! :D

My pictures, though only one of our pathetic dice throws is shown.
Far too many otherwise. lol

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 11:49:12 AM »
It's a good looking table but a sorry outcome for the Bounty Hunters. ;)
Cheers

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 10:36:41 PM »
Yep - things can always go south (literally in this case...), regardless of skill levels....

Lovely report. Unless you were the Bounty Hunters, that is... :o
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"