Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:34:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Renatio et Gloriam  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Captain Goode

• Assistant
Renatio et Gloriam
« on: February 08, 2024, 10:58:40 AM »
Bought a copy and thought it interesting but needed to buy the cards and specific dice.  This I did through the site for CCC Games as directed.  I received an acknowledgement, but nothing more heard.  I would like to chase up.  The Website shows 2 different addresses but no phone number etc.  Since these are standard for Mortem andG as well I assume there is not a stock issue. 
Has anyone had an issue with CCC before, or a contact number?

There is nothing in the RandG forum and the link there just takes on to the CCC website that I used.

Thanks
Graham

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Renatio et Gloriam
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 11:40:50 AM »
There's a forum link of the site.

enatio et Gloriam
https://renatio-et-gloriam.co.uk/smf/

Why not join and ask there?

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 03:15:00 PM »
TBH try the Facebook page, it seems to get responses much quicker than the forum.
www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk gaming the British Civil Wars in 15mm, and home of the ECW travelogue - dreadful painting, mediocre prose

Offline graydebowen

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 06:34:08 PM »
I received my copy, not spending good money on cards.  I think the count is
8 Black, 10 White, 12 Green, 10 yellow and 6 Red cards, plus a few more (4) for optional ambushes or flank marches.

I have ordered a set of Uno cards amongst a pile of cheap junk from China.  I might make up some tokens or bodge a playing card set for the time being.  You can work out a conversion table for the dice.

I have read through my copy (hard work).  Next step is to see how to match up my DBR armies to these new lists.

Offline Cholmondely Percival IV

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 09:49:09 PM »
As I’ve mentioned elsewhere I was initially perplexed about how to purchase the cards and dice and joined the ReG forum specifically to ask about this. After 24 hours and dozens of views I received an answer from Simon (Hall, I assume) to the effect that they would shortly be available from CCC Games and a link was added to the ReG site. The issue seemed to be one of transferring existing stock from PSC - who previously published Mortem et Gloriam - to CCC Games. No precise time frame was given for this but I placed an order to PSC for the cards as they were still listing them (and for £1.50 postage rather than the £5 quoted by CCC Games). I received them a few days later. I’d already purchased two sets of dice from another retailer.

Incidentally the rules mention discs being available in lieu of the cards but I have seen no sign of these. It’s also stated that neither official product is essential as many players make their own.

I also haven’t made much progress in reading the rules, which seem to require close attention, as proven by my initial misunderstanding of the basing system with regard to pike and shot troops. Having made a substantial investment, however, I intend to make a serious effort once I’ve summoned the requisite energy and determination.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:51:02 PM by Cholmondely Percival IV »

Offline Captain Goode

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 10:08:16 PM »
Thanks all. I joined the forum and asked the same question and will see what happens.  The problem with the CCC pages is that there seem to be two versions, one with a Worcester address and one with Droitwich. Let us just say it did not fill me with confidence, and hence the query. I will wait a while longer and see what transpires. 
I agree that  the rules take close reading to get to grips with but they may well play better than they read.
Thanks again
Graham

Offline graydebowen

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 09:56:24 AM »
I read the rules and have literally pulled the cobwebs off my DBR bases to see what I can build up.  I posted a reasonable query about the condensed rules on the FB players group - no reply.  From a rules point of view I found Bataille Empire much easier to grok and those are some pretty heavy rules. 

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 07:05:35 PM »
I read the rules and have literally pulled the cobwebs off my DBR bases to see what I can build up.  I posted a reasonable query about the condensed rules on the FB players group - no reply.  From a rules point of view I found Bataille Empire much easier to grok and those are some pretty heavy rules. 

I must admit I tried and then have stopped playing the ancients version. It's not an awful system but is complex and hard to get others to play (especially with the unique die and cards requirements). We now use ADLG. That is not easy and has it's issues, but in my opinion a much more approachable ruleset than '* et Gloriam' set. This is after playing multiple games of both rules (and DBR in the past).

Note their is a fan based ALDG version for the renaissance period which works very well - here is a link to the files (link taken from the madaxemen site) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gawsz5sn6hrh9rw/AAAvb1Y20lsEB7PJmz1SP2sVa?dl=0
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline Chad

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2024, 08:00:32 PM »
What is ADLG?

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 08:20:59 PM »
What is ADLG?
Art de La Guerre (link). War games rules in the same vein as Field of Glory, etc.

Offline Captain Goode

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2024, 01:20:06 PM »
I am pleased to announce that the dice and cards arrived this morning.  Admittedly they were a replacement set, the originals having disappeared in the ether that seems to be The Post Office at the moment.

Many thanks indeed to Richard at Renatio and Gloriam for dealing with it the problem so quickly and again thanks to those who have replied here.

Best
Graham Knight.