Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697792
  • Total Topics: 118862
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree... Still alive?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Hasslefree... Still alive?
« on: May 24, 2024, 09:14:40 PM »
Not trying to stir up sh*t but I'm waiting on fulfillment of their latest Kickstarter. (I'm not the only one)

A year late, communication has ceased, and I can't find any up-to-date information on the company.

Any solid information would help put it to rest, one way or another.

Thanks.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Hasslefree... Still alive?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 12:02:28 AM »
Your miniature Brooklyn Bridge should be winging its way to you any day soon.....or not.

Still, you will have the pleasure of reading the tearful, not quite, mea culpa postings on here and on social media in about a year or so's time, in which everything from health concerns to the melting of the polar ice caps gets blamed for the failure to deliver.

Long running soap operas frequently repeat themes and storylines and yet people still watch them. Think of it less as purchasing miniatures and more as having a personal stake in Corry or the Bold and the Beautiful.  ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 08:28:17 AM »
Your miniature Brooklyn Bridge should be winging its way to you any day soon.....or not.

Still, you will have the pleasure of reading the tearful, not quite, mea culpa postings on here and on social media in about a year or so's time, in which everything from health concerns to the melting of the polar ice caps gets blamed for the failure to deliver.

Long running soap operas frequently repeat themes and storylines and yet people still watch them. Think of it less as purchasing miniatures and more as having a personal stake in Corry or the Bold and the Beautiful.  ;)
Report to moderator     Logged
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo
NOTIFY
MARK UNREAD
SEND THIS TOPIC
PRINT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »
Lead Adventure Forum » Forum » Other Stuff » General Wargames and Hobby Discussion (Moderator: Westfalia Chris) » Hasslefree... Still alive?
Jump to: 

Related Topics
    Subject / Started by
Replies
Last post

Only four still alive  New
Started by Banderium The Great War
3 Replies
2413 Views   Last post October 28, 2008, 10:54:51 PM
by Bako

We are alive  New
Started by bandit86 Future Wars
6 Replies
3388 Views   Last post September 26, 2011, 08:27:04 AM
by Achilles

(KICKSTARTER) Zed or Alive  New
Started by Chainmailninja « 1 2 » Post-Apocalyptic Tales
20 Replies
6741 Views   Last post November 04, 2014, 10:50:13 PM
by Chainmailninja

The Hills are alive
Started by Eric the Shed Workbench
8 Replies
2688 Views   Last post March 26, 2015, 11:13:33 PM
by Predatorpt

HMS Hood is Alive !  New
Started by Yarkshire Gamer The Second World War
7 Replies
891 Views   Last post October 26, 2022, 07:35:13 PM
by Golgotha

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 there’s another company that fits that statement too I think 😂😂😂

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 09:22:10 AM »
I am 9 weeks and 3 ignored emails waiting for an order of 5 figures. Next week it's paypal, as they appear to have given up even trying.

I'm also waiting on the ks, and the comments are becoming less understanding- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hfminis/hf-minis-galactic-universe-sci-fi-miniatures/comments

Last update was at the end of March.

If there is anything left to sell, now would be the time  :(

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 10:04:16 AM »
I was also wondering what was going on. All their social media channels have nothing but tumbleweed when I looked the other day.

Genuinely surprised they ran a kickstarter given that the serious issues with the business were clear by that point. Either a lot of self-deception, or someone in the operation deceiving someone else about what they were capable of, must have been involved.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 10:18:37 AM »
...........Genuinely surprised they ran a kickstarter given that the serious issues with the business were clear by that point.......

But where else can you get people to give you money with absolutely no legal recourse to recovery when you disappear with it?

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 02:50:00 PM »
a few years ago I had a similar problem and tried:
email - company email - no response
email - Artemis Black - no response
phone - not answered
letter - ignored
complaint to Advertising Standards that their strap line was misleading and a lie ... success no longer used
complaint to Caerphilly Trading Standards ... success figures arrived
Try complaining to https://www.caerphilly.gov.uk/business/trading-standards

Companies House say that Hasslefree Miniatures in Derby was dissolved (compulsory strike off) in 2012 no new entry.

Before my account was deleted I used to receive the occasional excuse:
very busy, moving premises, illness, Politics, more illness, Shed too hot, Brexit, Shed too cold, Illness, Snow, Yet more illness, Floods, Brexit, Illness, etc ad infinitum.

I don't even look at their website now so have not bought a single figure since then.  They used to have a few figures I liked and would have bought.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 05:19:06 PM »
But where else can you get people to give you money with absolutely no legal recourse to recovery when you disappear with it?

Yup. Was 'fraid that was the case. So... More fool me.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 09:46:45 PM »
Apparently Kev himself left Hasslefree some months ago (well prior to the KS) to take a regular job with Forgeworld.

Does he even sculpt for Hasslefree anymore? Is it just Artemis and the existing molds with no new (non-KS) additions? What's the actual situation there?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 10:58:24 PM »
Apparently Kev himself left Hasslefree some months ago (well prior to the KS) to take a regular job with Forgeworld.

Does he even sculpt for Hasslefree anymore? Is it just Artemis and the existing molds with no new (non-KS) additions? What's the actual situation there?

I vaguely recall them saying they were going to interview some new sculptors after Kev took the FW job. I don't know if that ever happened, but from what I can gather it's an ever decreasing crew.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 11:22:42 PM »
Yeah, I can just see a flood of applicants wanting to sculpt for them. I mean who wouldn't want payment via an ancient book of Green Shield Stamps found in a skip?

Just follow past threads and you'll see this isn't a recent thing, they've been shonky for years now. Shonky before Mr White's departure. The kickstarter is just the Ponzi variation to a theme and it's pretty clear they have utilised it, either unwittingly, half-wittedly or knowingly as a Ponzi scheme.

Say farewell to your dosh, try and put it behind you and look forward to Hasslefree NFTs or Hasslefree Cryptocurrency.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 08:37:30 PM »
I started to raise a PayPal complaint for the order I'm waiting on, but they want me to list each figure and its cost. Given that that also includes p&p and VAT, it seems overly involved, as I'd have to split the p&p across each figure o_o.

Is there a simple - "I didn't get any part of the order, I'd like a refund of the whole thing" category?

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 09:18:29 PM »
Contact your bank for a "Chargeback"   or Section 75
Section 75 is a legal right for credit card purchases – chargeback isn't. Section 75 makes the credit card provider jointly liable with the retailer if something goes wrong. Unlike Section 75, chargeback isn't a law but it is instead part of a set of rules, which participating banks sign up to. So while it's a really useful avenue for seeking a refund, Section 75 is far stronger when it comes to credit card purchases, since it's enshrined in law.

Chargeback is for debit AND credit cards and can be used on any amount – Section 75 only applies to credit cards and for certain amounts. Chargeback is particularly useful where the cost of the goods or services is £100 or under as Section 75 doesn't apply. So if you've paid for something on your debit card or for something on your credit card that's £100 or under, you've no choice but to seek a refund via chargeback.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2024, 08:08:39 PM »
I think that the above pretty much sums up things and what can reasonably be done, so we'll be closing this thread for now.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Hasslefree update - apologies to mods
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2024, 08:42:15 PM »
The thread was closed before I had a chance to add this, but it seems worthwhile.

Mods - please feel free to delete it or add it to the Hasslefree thread

I raised an issue with PayPal, went through all the hoops. According to PayPal

How long does it take to resolve a dispute or claim?

In a dispute, you can exchange messages with the other party in your Resolution Centre to try to solve the problem.

If you’re unable to settle the dispute, you can escalate it to a claim. To escalate a dispute, we often require that at least 7 days have passed since the payment date.

By escalating a dispute to a claim, you’re asking PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome. A dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it’s been escalated. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.

The time it takes us to decide the outcome can vary. It depends on how quickly both parties respond to our enquiries and whether or not we need more information.

We usually reach a decision within 14 days, but some cases can take 30 days or longer.

I got an instant refund, no questions asked, just "where do you want the money sent". I think that speaks volumes :(

Again, hopefully I haven't offended the mods :D