Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What's occurring in swashbuckling land?  (Read 15907 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: What's occurring in swashbuckling land?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
It's a  :? (yes, I'm afraid solid lumps of resin are indeed heavy)  ;)

Probably worth the postage though, because the product itself is pretty good value.
They are hollow to an extent have a look at the photos on e-bay, however the roof and base is a chunky bit of resin
Top tip...never bid over the orignal asking price as the building will pop back up in a few weeks when they cast and paint more

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 05:57:27 AM »
Looks like I missed the boat on the pirates discussion. However, my aspirations of having some Piratey table-top action have resurfaced with a recent purchase of LOTHS. I have been plundering the forums to get a few ideas on how to build some vessels, and I am putting all my effort into making a ship over Christmas! Ya-har!

I have also hoarded away a few Empire militia men from GW, as well as buying a box of Riflemen, and the Sartosan Pirate Captain: all fine miniatures for Piratey gaming. The new Riflemen/State Guard types have more of a Renaissance look to them, but will most likely be Privateer types... just not from the Golden Age. Ooh and looking forward to this fine lady making an appearance somewhere along the line: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490367&prodId=prod1120055

I'm also doing a bit of terrain that I hope to unleash on here shortly!

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »
My PMC stuff arrived yesterday, pic at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=3577.msg169893#msg169893

hollow, painted black inside, all with removable roofs. I can take a pic to show what those look like "inside" if someone wants, but there's not much point to that actually.

Look really good, guess I'll get a couple more :)

Marko
Currently painting: Black Hat Three Musketeers range.

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2009, 02:05:57 AM »
Just a thought here captain, maybe there could be a contest or project that the swashbucklers amongst us could participate in as well as draw others into the fun? Maybe a sticky with some sort of gallery for finished projects with a cinema poster format or something? (Sort of like your user pic) There are sure to be better ideas out there!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:33:34 PM by Christian »

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:15 AM »
I´ll second the PMC stuff. Great value (if you don´t consider the horrible postage costs...)

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
Sorry, a bit late to this party, I have to agree with Cianty, ever since LotHS came out all I have heard from WHH was silence. I wanted to do another book for LotHS, but at the time, I was told lets see how the first book does. There seems to be a lot of folks playing LotHS from time to time, but I guess GW does not want to continue with any further books.

I have been writting up a few articles for WI which will have a ew new crews and nationalities in it. Also had a few more campaign ideas for the game, but these are a was off while I work at other projects.

And I will admit this, the last time I actually played LotHS was about a year ago when I ran two big group games at Adepticon in Chicago. I have not even taken my minis out or lifted the book off the shelf since then. Too many other projects going to get me (the author!) excited about playing LotHS right now.

But as someone else mentioned, when Disney gets the 4th PotC movie out, I am sure we will see a rise of Pirate games going on again. Hell maybe GW/WHH will decide that another book is warrented.

By the way, I have to give Cianty a big hats off for all the work he has done with his website talking about LotHS. It makes me happy to see other folks besides my own game group excited about LotHS. So thanks Cianty for all that you are doing...

Tim Kulinski
"Leutant Kulinski, a rather inept commander"

Offline cianty

• Scientist
    • cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
So thanks Cianty for all that you are doing...

No, thank you, Tim! :)

I was going to write down some more story-driven campaign mechanics for LotHS some time ago but my pirate gaming group is dissolving...  :'(

Maybe indeed when the pirate hype comes up again we get another campaign started. Until then I have another ship to finish on my workbench here...

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »
We're just getting started with Pirates here.  :)

Our little group have just started picking up ships, pirates and rulebooks.  So we should be getting underway with some swashbuckling soon.

I did plan to pick up LotHS from the time it was first released, but this delay is about the average turn about for me getting anything started.  :D
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »
(if you don´t consider the horrible postage costs...)
And I'll second that part.. Mind you, its not their fault, its Royal Mail - they didn't overcharge me at all, its just really expensive to ship the stuff...

Marko

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »
Well me and a buddy are planning a convention game, so that's got me back into pirate motion.  Right now I am working on some Spanish/Caribbean buildings for a town.  After that we'll have to figure out the board.  We have ships and pirates painted, not sure how many.  The only thing we really lack miniatures wise is civilians and troops.  That should be sorted soon.  I'll post pictures of the project as things come together.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/