Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Latest scenery received  (Read 231003 times)

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
Re: Latest scenery received
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2009, 11:51:03 PM »
just two days official at least, hope i get some stuff i've been waiting for before the weekend atleast :)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:46 AM »
 Just recieved some scenery pieces from Ian at Fenris.He has a sale on at the moment.Buy three get the cheapest free.Hard to resist.

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »
"soon to be scenery"
I just got a LOT of foamcore from a mate who's in artschool, varying thickness from 3 to 10mm
at least 4 square meters of stuff :-*

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
I received these a few weeks ago, but only now got a chance to put up some pics. All Snapdragon Studios resin scenery and all OOP as of this month. I've got more of them on order (ordered before the deadline) due over the next months when Kerry will have been able to get them all cast up.
I also took advantage of the £60 worth of stuff for £25 special offer, which was all the stuff on the right side of the first picture (with some more freebies because it was a large offer). Great stuff.

The whole lot, including an insert of the box with a 28mm for scale of the box... It was big and heavy.

One of the large pieces, with a sotr mini for scale. Lovely stuff:

More:

Some of the extra stuff

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
Received my PMC order today and decided that I need you pics even though my camera takes bad pictures (I blame the camera, can't be my fault ;))

Excellent stuff, even if it took AGES to arrive - it seems my original order was lost in transit...

Marko
Currently painting: Black Hat Three Musketeers range.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
Nice mate, you went for the trench systems and bunkers, good call. Like what you got in your random. If you want to swop some sandbag emplacements for a fuel tank let me know. :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:20:48 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »
Sorry, bud, I'm loving the fuel tanks and they're staying.  ;)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
I drooled over these resin pieces, on the Snapdragon site, and then in a moment of weakness I didn't order them, figuring that I could make my own for a damn sight less.

Don't get me wrong - the trade-off was between buying some gorgeous resin...and then not painting it, or making my own terrain....and then not painting it....

Look forward to seeing both WK and Vyper paint theirs up though.

:D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2009, 09:30:20 PM »
Well, this is only a fraction of it. After receiving these, I was so impressed I placed a really big order (in the nick of time), which Kerry said will take him a few months to fill. But I don't mind waiting a bit. It's just so very very good...

And I've given up the "I can build something like this for a fraction of the cost" argument because (a) I won't get around to it (b) In the end it'll still end up relatively expensive with all the bits I'd need to add to equal these resin pieces (c) I have so many other building and painting projects already...

Of course, all this is no garantee that I'll paint all of these, but if the worst comes to happen, I'm sure I can always sell them on a few years down the line.  ;)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2009, 09:33:04 PM »
I know what you mean - and it is lovely stuff!

Despite my addiction to spending, i've also trying to clear room at the moment, for future shipbuilding, so the last thing I need is another box of resin....  lol

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:18 PM »
Well, this is only a fraction of it. After receiving these, I was so impressed I placed a really big order (in the nick of time), which Kerry said will take him a few months to fill. But I don't mind waiting a bit. It's just so very very good...

And I've given up the "I can build something like this for a fraction of the cost" argument because (a) I won't get around to it (b) In the end it'll still end up relatively expensive with all the bits I'd need to add to equal these resin pieces (c) I have so many other building and painting projects already...

Of course, all this is no garantee that I'll paint all of these, but if the worst comes to happen, I'm sure I can always sell them on a few years down the line.  ;)

I was so very close to breaking too mate I must admit, there was so much more I could have bought, really liking those huge bunker complexes. My order was quite reserved in comparison, but very pleased with what I got. Might see if there's enough bits and pieces with Kerry still for another special offer pack, if it's more urban than battlefield.

Got the barricades all primed up ready for painting to go witht he zombie board. Probably progress on those tomorrow.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:19:07 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
I was so very close to breaking too mate I must admit, there was so much more I could have bought, really liking those huge bunker complexes. My order was quite reserved in comparison, but very pleased with what I got.

I think I could easily have bought 80% of the stuff on that site if I'd had the time and money.

As it is, I probably ended up ordering nearly half of his stuff. o_o

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
I think I could easily have bought 80% of the stuff on that site if I'd had the time and money.

As it is, I probably ended up ordering nearly half of his stuff. o_o

Well the only crack in my resolve at the time was another concrete gun emplacement, which I thought was quite reserved!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »
I drooled over these resin pieces, on the Snapdragon site, and then in a moment of weakness I didn't order them, figuring that I could make my own for a damn sight less.

Don't get me wrong - the trade-off was between buying some gorgeous resin...and then not painting it, or making my own terrain....and then not painting it....

Look forward to seeing both WK and Vyper paint theirs up though.

Funny you should say that:

Some of that lovely order I received from Snapdragon before the closing date, now all sadly OOP:

Lovely sculpts, clean casts, real shame these are no more, but plenty of stuff still in the box! ;)

The Commander

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
"soon to be scenery"
I just got a LOT of foamcore from a mate who's in artschool, varying thickness from 3 to 10mm
at least 4 square meters of stuff :-*

4 meters.... wow that's a lot: