Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Heroines, loosely based on Mortal Engines.  (Read 35882 times)

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Pulp Heroines, loosely based on Mortal Engines.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
Great models, paintwork and photos indeed.
 :)

Slightly off topic, and if a thread hijack is likely I'll ship out to another thread, but I've recently been reading the first set of Danger Girl comics and was wondering if there were miniatures in that sort of style, slightly more modern than the typical 30s pulp (except the baddies who are invariably nazi esq pulp bad guys :D), but with a destinct pulp/bondgirl/actionhero type style going on.

Hasslefree Miniatures have a couple along those lines, like their not-Lara Croft, but I've not really seen many other fantasy/30s/modern pulp heroines.

Actually there is a fairly good assortment of Danger Girl characters represented in the Indy Heroclix range a few years back. They aren't bad for repainting either.

Offline Viper

• Mad Scientist
  • Sunny Scotland
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
Oooh, this may require some further investigation.

Copplestone's "future wars" range seem to have a couple of pretty cool ones that might fit what I'm thinking too.
 :)
Nemo me impune lacessit
Wha daur meddle wi' me?

Offline silvana

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 07:39:53 AM »
WOW! Your painting is tremendous.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »
Great paint!

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03:16 PM »
These are splendid figures, great to see.
I've thought that a scenario such as a raid on a traction city would work very well, and could be played on several levels (literally).
 Scavenger looking units would be appropriate for some forces, though one could use anything. Prussians perhaps for the Alliance defenders against Bottle Green Storm Sky Pirates? Golden Compass carriages for those electric cars. Also, the airships are smaller and more 'doable' than historical ones.
 I'd have Hester more scarred. The end of her nose was missing and her features pulled into a snarl, but these are great looking figures.
More please!

Offline Muddypaw

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »
These are splendid figures, great to see.
I've thought that a scenario such as a raid on a traction city would work very well, and could be played on several levels (literally).
 Scavenger looking units would be appropriate for some forces, though one could use anything. Prussians perhaps for the Alliance defenders against Bottle Green Storm Sky Pirates? Golden Compass carriages for those electric cars. Also, the airships are smaller and more 'doable' than historical ones.
 I'd have Hester more scarred. The end of her nose was missing and her features pulled into a snarl, but these are great looking figures.
More please!

I considered carving the face with a craft knife and remodelling with greenstuff, but thought that might look a bit of a mess with the nose and half the mouth gone. I wasn't confident of being able to pull it off! Think of this Hester as the slightly airbrushed, soft focus Hollywood movie version, PG friendly  ;)

I'd love to do a small airship. After Shrike is finished, I might attempt a small patrol ship with a 4 or 5 man crew. Not sure which faction yet. A small steam submarine with child crew might also be fun. The books are ripe for skirmish and adventure ideas!

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:12:41 PM »
Really beautiful painting - lovely shading, and the subdued, natural tones don't look washed out at all - very tough to pull off! Again, beautiful painting. The books sound great too - I might have to pick up a few and have a look!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 11:47:31 PM »
Green Storm Commandos. Everything needs Green Storm Commandos. Even my 40k ork army has Grubdakka Orkyzag (or "Cunning-Attack-Green-Lightning") which is the closest I can get in Orkish to Green Storm Commandos. If I could think of any justification formaking an Atlantean unit of Green Storm Commandos I would.

I think you know what faction you make your airship for. Anna could lead them. It would be awesome.

Then you have to build Panzerstadt Bayreuth or something, else who would the (awesome) Green Storm Commando attack?