Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Disturbia - which factions to choose?  (Read 10998 times)

Offline pnweerar

• Scientist
Disturbia - which factions to choose?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
Quote from: "matakishi"
Some much needed muscle for my cyber-Jews!

Cyber Jews! Who knew?

Now I must trawl your site for them.

Offline Strand

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »
Quote from: "Grimm"
YOU ARE A WARGAMER YOU MUST HAVE A LEAD MOUNTAIN SO GO GET THEM ALL  :D

I hear and obey ...  :mrgreen:
"No, no you fools!"

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JimbowensDisturbia/
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »
I have been wanting to order also... but I want alot of figures and having to write all the numbers on paper and then mailing a check or money order overseas has me stalling too... the Monolith site doesn't accept paypal and they have no shopping cart feature at all which is really too bad!  
Not too bad for a small order but a nightmare if you want to place a large order.

Darkoath - we do indeed accept paypal - all you have to do is email me, or PM through this group.
If you are not already a member of Jim's yahoo group, I have just posted pics of the latest Disturbia releases...........

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
I had horrible experience ordering from them. First I pay them according to their rules, then after a while they return my payment. My emails dont get response, then after about 5 months I have given up all hope, and then one evening strange package arrives, inside of it being my order.

I did get free figures though, but still just my kind of luck,
Fuzaba

Fuzaba - Did you order from Graven Images direct? In our short history we have only ever had one order from Finland, from someone called Pirkko - February of this year. The order (which was for Dystopia and Gangster codes, and not Disturbia) was sent out the day after it was recieved, and no refund was given.
This doesn't match up to your experience, so I'm thinking you ordered from somewhere else?

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
in case you don't know where the yahoo group is...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JimbowensDisturbia/

I was suprise to see something close to what I'm trying to do!

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 11:28:37 AM »
One day you will succumb and order - I think we have come close on several occaisions!

PS I enjoyed your sculpt on Frothers

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 01:24:12 PM »
haha very very close!  If I had more money than I know what to do I would have bought 80% of your minis already...  I love the subject matter and the style of the sculpt very much, one of my favourites in the business.

I just need to get over the size issue, so some of the more bulky ones that would look ok oversized are the most attractive ones to me at the moment.  

And thanks!

Offline SirFuzaba

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »

Fuzaba - Did you order from Graven Images direct? In our short history we have only ever had one order from Finland, from someone called Pirkko - February of this year. The order (which was for Dystopia and Gangster codes, and not Disturbia) was sent out the day after it was recieved, and no refund was given.
This doesn't match up to your experience, so I'm thinking you ordered from somewhere else?

Nope, I ordered directly from you. But yes I believe it was ordered with Visa card under name Pirkko. Paid with paypal, got refunded, and package arrived last month. So I guess postage f***** it up, but I do not know about the refund.

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »
The Post does sometimes make my life difficult.
If you still have the box, you could easily check the date it was posted - it will be in the bottom right hand corner of the postage sticker.

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 01:50:24 PM »
haha very very close! If I had more money than I know what to do I would have bought 80% of your minis already... I love the subject matter and the style of the sculpt very much, one of my favourites in the business.

I just need to get over the size issue, so some of the more bulky ones that would look ok oversized are the most attractive ones to me at the moment.

Heightwise, they aren't really any taller than a Space Marine, or a Crocodile Games Harbinger, and are the same scale as quite a few other Fantasy/SF ranges. Back when we started, Jim made them compatible with Cell Entertainment 1999 figures, whcih he was collecting at the time, and finding it difficult to get hold of.

I'm sure if you got one you'd be hooked!

Offline SirFuzaba

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 01:51:04 PM »
Sorry, I just moved some time ago and, most of the unnescessary stuff went into the garbage bin.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »
I just joined the Disturbia yahoo group.  Now that I know Steve will send a paypal invoice I think I will try ordering some miniatures.  Have not set brush to mini in over a year with having to move and start new jobs twice in just over a year.  I think some Disturbia would be just the ticket for starting painting again! :)