Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Game Report: Resident Evil "Hunters" Episode 3 "Unfettered"  (Read 7385 times)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
Game Report: Resident Evil "Hunters" Episode 3 "Unfettered"
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:45:06 PM »
Hey guys we finally got out home Resident Evil game up and running again.  Here are a couple pics.

The game report can be found here: http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/2010/01/resident-evil-hunters-episode-3.html

The game report pics are all toned so if you would like to see the rest of the color pics you can find those here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43472766@N05/sets/72157623123321820/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Game Report: Resident Evil "Hunters" Episode 3 "Unfettered"
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:32:13 AM »
Sweet dude, I always like the stuff you post up
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »
Very nice, as Moody said, we all enjoy your reports!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:19 PM »
How many zombies did you have to use? Looks like a pretty easy win for the survivors.

Nice woodland hut, scratch or bought?
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »
How many zombies did you have to use? Looks like a pretty easy win for the survivors.

Nice woodland hut, scratch or bought?

Not as many as I would like.  I only have about 27 up and running at the moment and I only used 20 in this game but I do only have two PC heros.  Regular NPCs in Savage Worlds are not nearly as good as heros and important NPCs so their contribution to the fight was limmited.  The reporter only hit one time with her pistol and failed to take a zombie out.  Also the zombies attacking her failed to do anything more than shake her.  I'm trying to ramp it up.  Savage Worlds has open ended damage rolls which is why the infected wolf was so easy to kill.  My daughter's character hit it with 5 shots in a row two with rolls that did multiple wounds.  I expended four bennies to do soak rolls on the wolf and only managed to make one roll.  Also my wife's character standing in the doorway was hit multiple times but I failed to do any damage.  This is a character with no armour of any kind.  Sometimes the dice just roll in favor of the party but it was closer than the report let on.
My plans are to add more nasty supprises in future games like the wolf was suppose to be in this one.  There are certainly pleanty of things to choose from in the Resident Evil background material.  These character are however still in the lower rank in the Savage Worlds system so I'm trying to up the threat level slowly.  I do feel this one was a bit on the easy side but like I said they just managed some great rolls.     

My wife made the hunting cabin.  I thought she did a pretty nice job. 

Offline Lordblackwing

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 08:05:59 PM »
Great report Nathan. Tell your wife the cabin is great, really looks like a hunting cabin should. Gotta ask, where did you get the VW convertible? All the ones I find are iether way too big or small, and the one looks "right". :D
A fellow follower of the Lead Mountain

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 08:49:32 PM »
Great report Nathan. Tell your wife the cabin is great, really looks like a hunting cabin should. Gotta ask, where did you get the VW convertible? All the ones I find are iether way too big or small, and the one looks "right". :D

I've had the VW for year.  I think I picked it up at a Wal-Mart or something.  It is 1/43rd which it technically too large but it's hard to find things in a better scale.  The company name is printed on the bottom but I can't make it out.  Sorry I wasn't more help. 

Offline Whiskyrat

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 02:27:59 PM »
Enjoyed the read and a great looking cabin.

What's the plan for Episode 4?