Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691080
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Atlantis campaign begins...  (Read 80467 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Atlantis campaign begins...
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »
Sounds about right to me.
Is anyone bringing any Atlanteans to the game?

Lowtardog has kindly volunteered to bring his very large Aztec army to Atlantis on the 27th to repel the invasion... :) ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Lowtardog has kindly volunteered to bring his very large Aztec army to Atlantis on the 27th to repel the invasion... :) ;)
Yes indeed, Great Emperor Tzitsnbuhm is rallying his Tzlonti as we speak in the great Gathering of the Jaguar expect blood, expect mayhem and woe and expect Feathers.......

Early Reports in from outlying villages have reached the Great Emperor; of "gods" from the seas. Not only one contact was made but several instances along the coast....not all were peaceful, so the great Armies have been fully mobilised and all vassal states informed to do likewise.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:16:51 PM by Lowtardog »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2010, 02:21:28 PM »
Good News is to be sent to our Warriors and the people...they are not gods, our Worldly Priests have undertaken extensive tests and can confirm they are not immortal

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:11:13 PM by Lowtardog »

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »
What's in the plan for who is fighting them?
Have we got a idea on how this game is going to be arranged? Who V Who?
Is it worth while opening a thread just for that game?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2010, 04:04:43 PM »
What's in the plan for who is fighting them?
Have we got a idea on how this game is going to be arranged? Who V Who?
Is it worth while opening a thread just for that game?

I was only discussing the very same with Dewbakuk earlier. Been tossinga  few scenario ideas around. I'll pm you later with some thoughts.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
Well, I've had a look through my VSF collection, and a few ideas.

Would it completely throw things out of wack if I went with a different army idea? I am not at all objecting to doing the Austrians, but with the Parroom station line available again, the temptation to finish what I started with The INSIDIOUS Dr. Crum is strong;)

Either way, should be fun.

-Alex

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 09:05:14 PM »
Doc, you're the player, it's your force; I'm just the guy who suggests ways to tie it together. If you want to run your force as the private army of The INSIDIOUS Dr. Crum then that's absolutely fine. If you want to find out who else has 'evil scientist' factions, and link up with them (perhaps there is an eveil and isidious plot, and all the world's greatest villains have united to take over Atlantis; or perhaps there isn't!) or play as an idependent evil faction; or join up with the (possibly Prussian-backed?) Caliphate of Khorsind pirate faction; or have your evil faction backed by a cabal of Austrian militarists (allowing you to use both the evil scientists and Austro-Hungarian troops)... any or all of it is up to you.  Happy to accomodate any ideas; if you like, PM me with your thinking.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »
OK, time for a general campaign update; those of you in the west (Jimbibbly, Bullshott, Dewbakuk, Malamute, Dr De'Ath and Thunderchicken, should the missing fleet ever hove into view) have managed a lot of flying lately because the weather has been reasonably clear, so you can expect updated maps soon; however, storms are once again shutting down available flying time, I'm afraid, so as of local sunset (about 7-8pm, GMT, or 8-9pm forum time) all aeronefs and balloons are grounded.

Those of you elsewhere (Answer, Mors, Christian, Doc... who else? Am I missing anyone?) expect PMs soon - we'll nail these little teething problems (like 'where the hell am I, and where's my wife/landing beach/army?').

The first battles have taken place, between the Americans around Port Harrison on the northern part of the west coast, and pirate attacks believed to be of Khosindan origin, with aid from sinister agents of unknown powers...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=15712.0 for Dr De'Ath's marvellous Khosindan forces and their sinister European experts.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=15633.0 for Bullshott's wonderful US force - the Marine Corps, supporting a research and development expedition jointly organised by the New England Mining Corporation and the Miskatonic University of Arkham, Mass.

And not at least, because it's lovely and the first battle report we've had so far, http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=15642.0 is the attack by the Khosindans on the New England Mining Corporation's expedition.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
Hmmm, this is my third post in a row, and that makes me sad. But if I just tack it onto the bottom of the other, people might miss it. Ah well.

Culled from the pages of various London newspapers over the past week...

From the Illustrated London News of 18th January, 1890:

The Royal Geographical Society expedition to New Cornwall is sponsored by the Belborough Steam Haulage and Construction Company.

Lord Belborough, a patron of the RGS, has sponsored previous expeditions of the RGS, most recently the successful colonisation of Venus. Lord Belborough and the principle RGS team, including the President of the Society Lord Abedare, were immediately recalled from Venus when the island of New Cornwall was first discovered.

Belborough quickly set about financing and planning the expedition, equipping it with the latest technological marvels from his factories in Northern England, the same factories that brought us the first four legged steam powered troop transport walker used on Venus. Lord Belborough is also a noted and well respected explorer and big game hunter, a most resourceful and strong gentleman, ideally equipped to deal with new unchartered lands.

The Royal Navy will provide the bulk of the military support for the expedition involving landing parties comprising naval ratings and Royal Marines. Vehicular support will come from the Navy's own transports and Belborough's civilian vehicles. The Navy is under the command of the Admiral Lord Ivor Mough-D'Ivor, hero of both the 1881 Prussian Invasion of Britain and latterly Venus.

There will also be additional support from adhoc British units including the famed Bhurpa Rifles and the Khalibar Lancers (named after the late Khasi of Khalibar VC who was killed at the battle of Kew in October 1881).

The expedition will be exclusively reported to the eager British public by the Illustrated London News Overseas Reporting Team, led by the infamous reporter Archibold Harris-Hampton and his chief photographer Stanley Still....

From Hansard House of Commons report, 14th January 1890:

... Sir Terrence Fotherington-Thomas, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, apologised to the House for not making a statement before now, but regretably had a prior engagement with Her Imperial Majesty to hunt stags in Scotland. But all that being done, the matter at hand was the New Cornwall Incident. What did it mean for Britain? Was it as some claimed the return of Atlantis? Or, more likely, was it merely an unsettled part of the British Isles, and therefore under the purview of Her Majesty's Government?

British expeditionary forces under the command of Lord Mough-D'Ivor would be landing on New Cornwall soon, if they were not there already, at which point the situation would become clearer...

From the satirical magazine The Slapper 17th January 1890:

... at which point Mr Robert Victor Reeves-Mortimer, for the Opposition, arose to general derision: cries of 'you wouldn't let it lie' and 'what's on the end of your stick, Mr Reeves-Mortimer?' could be heard in the hall. 'Why', asked Mr Reeves-Mortimer, Honourable Member for Banks and Embezzlers South, 'was the Chancellor not foresighted enough to realise that this kind of incident might occur, and balance the budget accordingly? Surely mountains rising from the sea overnight were the sort of thing for which the Government ought to make contingency?'

In reply Sir Terrence, Secretary for Slaughtering Heathens, replied that his Honorable friend the Chancellor had issued assurances that Her Majesty's Imperial Exchequer was quite stuffed with the bounty of pillaging the known world thank you and was in fact fat to bursting.

Dashing Captain D'Arcy, Member for Bristol Railway Owners-cum-Waxed Moustachios, idly speculated that he would have been proud to serve in the gallant throng now sailing to reclaim what was obviously a rightful British Isle temporarily lost but now re-joining its Mother Nation. Several calls from the Government back benches suggested that they would be most pleased were Dashing Captain D'Arcy indeed in the hold of a dark sweaty ship 3,000 miles away. Dashing Captain D'Arcy bravely (and dashingly) ignored these craven calls, considering them beneath his dignity (and his moustache). He went on to ask - not for the first time - whether the Amalgamated Western Railway could benefit from this, perhaps by a Governement Commission to build a new Atlantic Port at Padstow.

Mr Walter Wilson, Member for Poor People in a Hole Somewhere, offered the opinion that the British workingman already paid enough for his beer, and this new crisis ought not to increase the cost of a pint.

Mr John Vegas, Member for Grimmup North, agreed and asked for an adjournment to the House bar. This was rejected upon which Mr Vegas collapsed, apparently dying...

From The Machnester Guadrain January 12st 1980:

... it has been cofnrimed by the Frogien Sectrary the Britsh forks have landened on Atlantis or New Cronwell the Governmenet is callig it; and a settlenet established at New Victoria on the est coat...

------------------------------------------
And in other news:

10 things you didn't know about Atlantis

1 - there are dinosaurs living there
2 - some Atlanteans ride them
3 - so do some Morlocks
4 - I can't think of another 7 things at the moment, and I have to have my tea anyway.

Just thought I'd give the more adventurous modellers a 'heads up'. Orcky things and robed humans riding big lizards. You know you want to.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 08:24:58 PM »
I see that a special exhibition at the British Museum on Moctezuma ends this weekend. Since I am in London on Saturday I might just have to pop in to do some 'research' for this campaign. Also want to have a look around the Mayan stuff a the museum.

Of course, I may change my mind entirely and pop over to the Science Museum to take a gander at their Difference Engine ....
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2010, 08:22:15 AM »
Excellent stuff Red Orc.  :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »
Very good read. I haven't got as much time at the moment to devote to this as I would like (work, funerals and stuff) but the will change in the coming weeks  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 11:42:27 AM »
We shall be active soon as well. The troops are ordered, and plans are made. Also, one of the guys in the group has a large Aeronef Collection, and that along with my own Austrian and Russian fleets should make for some interesting engagements in the air, if nothing else, while Jen and I finish cleaning up/rebuilding our ground forces.

A humble suggestion Red Orc and/or Malamute. Would it be prudent to establish a topic for the posting of news items, so that they aren't lost in the chatter here, and perhaps gain a wider exposure? They are real gems, and it'd be nice to see them in the spotlight.

-Doc

Offline Mors

• Scientist
    • Tales from thr Green Dragom
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
Special Rutters Correspondent :Peking

Rumours are spreading in the Imperial Court at Peking of the Japanese Expeditionary Force to Atlantis being involved in some actions on a previously undiscovered Island. So far all that is known is that General Yugo ( force commander) commanded  the fleet to replenish supplies at this Island enroute to the new continent. To take adavantage of the time General Yugo ordered three units of infantry led by Captains Noyugo , Okillgo and Okweallgo and some new steam technology units to carry out some field manouvers whereupon they were attacked by a force using new technology weapons but not from a known power. More information to follow as soon as recieved.

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 02:59:17 PM »
Bear with me on this one chaps. I'm up to my receding hairline with work and uni stuff at the mo. It doesnt help with the other half working back to back longhaul so I'm a full time dad too.

Anyway, enough excuses and on with the show. I'll post an update shortly.
Don't!