Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:51:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689765
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Trouble in Troublistan, update  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
Trouble in Troublistan, update
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »
Ok,

touble in trublistan is starting again. In the last month I have worked on other projects but now I have been inspired to move back to it. It has been scaled back a little due to economic recession and my lack of painting time in London. Now I will concentrate on the Force T and their dastardly opponents in the form of the Troublistan Detachment of the Army of Islam. I have alos taken a page from Enver Pasha history and made him (for the moment at least) allied with the Bolos... and hell bent to take the Troublistan Oil wells...

I have decided terrain will be afghan in looking so it ialready done.

Latest addition to the force included some lovely Woodbine british in Wolsely helmet. At the moment the force is pretty well rounded. I have two field guns (and I plan to get the new woodbine 18pdr later on), three units of British Infantry and one of australians plus one HMG team moving and one firing. I think i am pretty much done. Only expansion will be two packs of indian cavalry from Brigade.

Now the baddies... a mix of BH and Woodbine turks. If I am not wrong (they are back home) I have two 10 men units from BH and another full squad for Woodbine. Officers from woodbine. 1 Asienkorps Gun (BH) and one turk from Woodbine

Now I plan to add some more color to those units... I am planning to add a pack of bolshevik commissar from copplestone to the turk force (to add some character and some "control" just to prevent Enver to stray from course...) and maybe a pack of bolos riflemen to create an auxiliary unit for the turkish force. Then a pack of white officer and riflement to Force T. Again to add character. This will be batch one.

batch 2 will some russian themed addition. I was thinking or of an additional bolo squad with HMG or some cavalry what you think? also I will try to obtain one of the bolshevik heroines from Copplestone (I need only the one with cigar and fur hat, it looks suitably asian to pass for Takeda Yoko the misterious daughter of Count Taken the Japanese officer assigned to the Expeditionary Force T...).

Arrigo
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
Re: Trouble in Troublistan, update
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Of course comment and suggestions are welcome... especially before the week end when I will send the order for batch 1!!  :P

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
You seem to have your project well thought out (totally unlike the way i do things lol)The only thing i would suggest is if you're getting Indian cavalry for one side how about getting some for the other ? cossacks or Turkoman irregulars?a unit of troublistani irregular Bandit/rebels who make trouble for both sides would be another option.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
At the moment I am very dubious on when to add cavalry. I like Brigade sculpts so definitely maybe I will add Turkish cavalry to the force, so I will double perfectly for my near east games.

Also I am thinking (probably an infusion of cash due to a painting commission) to work on a very small Bolo forceI will not add the white unit to the british force and instead develop a very small bolo unit. The idea is 1 infantry unit, 1 HMG, 1 gun, one small cavalry formation and officers. Maybe a second rifle squad. If I do this no cavalry for the turks (actually I will be more a reorganization of the existing acquisition program  :D also I ahve been tasked by Lorenzo Sartori from D&P to write several material on WW1 and RCW, it will include historical overview, gaming overview and review of rules and minis so I will ask for samples around... maybe I can get some useful stuff!)

By the way if any lead adventurer want to add his or her pictures to the articles I will be more than pleased (with credits of course!)