Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689603
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: a cowboy a day.  (Read 4016 times)

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
a cowboy a day.
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »
as the title says i plan to chronicle my cowboy a day excapades here when i SHOULD be revising for exmas  lol
i am going with a relatively simple paint scheme of three highlights all over.

the first new "cowboy" is sherrif Dalton

Sherrif Dalton, second cousin of the outlaws the mackllusky brothers is of irish origin (dont mention the ginger if you talk to him!!!) he plays life by the law but is never known to turn down a good bottle of whiskey or a willing woman. he spends his life hunting down the most notorius of outlaws and troublemakers with his trusty repeating rifle.

Stats for BW
Sheriff: 60$ + $30 for the rifle.
-   (status: leader)
-   Wounds: 3     
-   Save roll: 3+
-   Attacks: 3
Leader abilities :( the badge) All deputies within 6” get a +3 save roll.

More tomorow
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
Re: a cowboy a day.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »
Nice! Looks like a tough guy, banditos better beware!

What is BW?

Thanks

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:18 AM »
BW is my rule set i wrote for simpler old west skirmishes. having just finished some boards its going into playtest for the third time. i can email you the rules for free if you PM your email. (as you can see the rules use 3 stats only for the basic rules)

QUESTION TO ALL: does anyone know how to paint good stubble?

Thanks
TW

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:52:29 AM »
I love simple war game rules! You can PM and I'll send you e-mail.

As for stubble, I've painted the base skin color with a slight bit of grey added. I actually had a White Dwarf that explained it pretty well.

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »

'cowboy two'

Rodriguez amero
Rod (for short) is a reall low life, having spent half of his measly existance following around other bandits he has finally come to the conclusion he is good for nothing other than booze, guns and women. commonly known for taking part in smaller town raids he is wanted in 16 states for many crimes, including rape, murder, manslaughter, and worst of all!!!!!!!!! sheep shooting !!!!!!! (the smaller familly farm of the Kenningtons are not apreciative of his drunken sheep shooting endevours!) he boasts a missing left eye making him extremely easy to track and experts have predicted a life expectancy of 32 years for rod due to his foolishness and cowardice.

Stats for BW

Accomplices: $25 + $25 winchester rifle + $5 for bayonet.
-(status: Henchmen)
-Allowed O-3 (per posse)
-Wounds: 2
-Save roll: 4+
-Attacks: 2 
Special abilities: (dynamite) all accomplices get to roll 1d6 at the beginning of a game. On the result of a 4+ they can be equipped with 1 dynamite, free of charge.

Rodriguez was painted using a basic base coat then dip then base coat again technique. the effect is rough but it gets minis painted relatively fast. total paint and  basing time was about an hour and 15 mins.

TW (more to come)

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
More figures!
Nice job!
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:26:45 PM »

The Macklusky Brothers
Growing up in the outer regions of northen texas the Macklusky brothers are what certain sherrifs and lawmen like to call "down right shit stirers". their rough attitude often brings them trouble wherever they go, they never manage to stay in one town for too long as they are always killing stealing or scariing. having killed his father at the age of 10 Byron macklusky took to the guidance of his older brother edmund, their mother, a whore in tombstone had left the familly when edmund was at the tender age of 3...consequently the boys hunted her down took her money and brutally murdered her, sending her limbs to her loved ones.

Stats For BW.

byron macklusky (Counts as an outlaw bastard)
Bastards: $20  + $25 for winchester rifle
-Allowed O-3 (per posse)
Special abilities: (fools shot) you could only make it to rank of Bastard in an outlaw posse by proving your worth.  Bastards gain an extra dice in close combat for the dice off. (even on top of charging)

Edmund macklusky (counts also as an outlaw bastard)
Bastards: $20  + $15 for cavalry pistol
-Allowed O-3 (per posse)
Special abilities: (fools shot) you could only make it to rank of Bastard in an outlaw posse by proving your worth.  Bastards gain an extra dice in close combat for the dice off. (even on top of charging)

Keeeeeeeppppp readddiinngggg

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
Hey, their mom's no whore!  (I used to date her!)

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
sending her limbs to her loved ones.

Each other?

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
haha no, i just wanted something GRUESOME  ;D

i have a good few left, then i will buy more....i can post pictures of my indians i painted recently, though i am not so proud of them.

any how...next cowboy

Nathanial Leach

Nathanial leach grew up in lower Massachusetts, where he earned an honest living farming and herding. his father made a nice wage and the familly lived happilly. in 1806 he deciced to venture out at the tender age of 16 hoping to "find" himself on walkabout, being captured and tortured by the indians of nearby terriotories, he fell into a life of slavery which he only narrowly escaped when he was saved by the infamous Gang Boss cowboy 'Ned Shall'. Feeling he owed his life to ned he followed him like a disciple becoming his right hand man, gradually becoming more and more uncomfortable with Neds bashfull attitude he fled his company to return home, only to find it burning to the ground by order of ned who didnt take kindly to his betrayal. since Nathanial had become a blood thirsty killer, hot on the trail of Ned Shall and not resting untill he finds him.

Stats for BW
Hard Case (nathanial leach): $65 + $20 for peacemaker
-   (status: Legend)
-   Wounds: 4     
-   Save roll: 3+
-   Attacks: 3

TW

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 02:46:21 PM »
The Wisecrack,

I'm liking what I'm seeing ....

I have most of those exact minis (undercoated) on my painting desk as I post - they've been there for far too long - you have enthused me to brush the dust off them and to get on and paint 'em.

Thanks

Ramirez NN

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »
thanks for the comments guys. another coming soon.

just a general pointer i would like to share
1. buy devlan mud GW wash
2. you can go AS BRIGHT as you like with highlights (like the green shirt on nathanial)
3. use devlan as your emergancy wash to bring it back to a muted color.

works well most of the time.

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
jHONATHON HOLT

Jhon athon is a warming, loyal and trusty deputy, fighting for the sherrif with his die hard attitude he brings out the best in any lawmen posse. he grew up in tombstone near the western quarter where he rather randomly invented a tap that could stand above your head and pour hot water from a near by water outlet. he became infamous in his area and enjoyed many years of wealth and fortune before moving south to work with The sherrif. living a satisfying lifestyle he joiins sherrif on the hunt regularly and is an avid protector of charleston.

STATS FOR BW
Deputy:  $25 + $35 for his repeating rifle.
-(status: Henchman)
-Allowed O-3
Special abilities: (sharpshooters) If a deputy rolls a six to hit in the shooting phase the enemy model gets no save roll.