Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mission to the moon! UPDATED, with blurry pictures!  (Read 9489 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Mission to the moon!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 10:09:37 PM »
Pictures of the two large clanks will be up tomorrow, they have some natural lines that actually somewhat mimic those of French uniforms. So  I am trying to copy to colour of those. It looks somewhat random (tough having two of them helps a lot) I think having them next to infantry of the same uniform will make it look a lot better.

EDIT: Here they are;

Still haven’t decided what to do with the small one. I think robots will be napoleons thing the whole flesh is weak decision after the Russian fiasco and all. The English will get more of a “her majesties royal scientists most modern weapons” and the Americans, should I use them, will get stuff that goes BOOM or makes other loud noises.

And continuing  my rambling, I am planning to do a lot of underground fighting in this campaign, the goblin caves below the surface is where the Lunarium is found and all, does anybody have a good guide to a modular cave board? I was thinking of using hexes or something, large ones.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:29:32 PM by YPU »
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: Mission to the moon! UPDATED, with blurry pictures!
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »
Very nice - I have a few of these in my MK shoebox but had discounted them as being too 'flat'. Having now seen your results I think may have to revisit them with a view to adding another unit to the Caliph of Khosinda's arsenal!  :)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:27:10 PM by Dr De'Ath »
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
Nice clanks!

Now let's see the Night goblins   ;D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Nice clanks!

Now let's see the Night goblins   ;D
For now we will be using my girlfriends night goblins, as I currently am far to down on my money to buy my own. But I will sure get some in the picture ones I have some English done (maelstrom shipped them today)

EDIT: I now also have one of these bassed and undercoated ready for paint.

She will be accompanying some named character, her name is
‘Vicky’ the Ironclad Bitch.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:21:04 PM by YPU »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »
My Brits arrived today, and I assembled them with much glee. I will probably post some pictures of the French power suits, Vicky the ironclad bitch, and a runaway experiment all showing in scale to my first few painted Englishmen.

Anyhow, I am having doubts about a few things. First of, game system, I was planning to use savage world showdown, but I have some trouble deciding on stats. So I wonder if I perhaps would have more use of some other game system, probably g.a.s.l.i.g.h.t.

Some of my problems, the command “squad” (the correct term escapes me for a second) what should they do, should I field them as a unit of their own or should I field them spread out among the five men groups of soldiers?

The specific  effects of the command squad,  They should offer some sort of support effect, of course, but I have a hard time deciding what exactly (especially the two banners)

The four riflemen, now I understand what their historic advantage is, but four guys with slightly more effective rifles don’t really sound all that kicking. But the relatively short rifle would make for a nice scattergun, making them effective scouts and deadly on short range. But again I find a lack of abilities that would enforce this idea.

Thats about it for now, I have three groups of five, the command group, and five grenadiers (who wear the peninsular caps, rather then Napoleonic, to differentiate them more)