Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Valhar

• Lurker
Hello there!
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »
Hello there! I was just browsing the web and I found this site! I am very curious to what it is all about. The subject matter, the adventures and all of that, is one of my favorite topics and I wanted to learn more about the miniatures that seem to be the focus of this site! If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
First of all welcome to this rather cozy place.
The best way to get to know everything is to look around and have a look. It might look intimidating at times but we're a rather nice group so feel free to ask any questions about the different topics. As you can see there is too much to give you a tour but you should manage to identify things taht are of more interest to you than others... Have fun.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »
Well and truly spoken  :)
Welcome to the LAF and enjoy your stay. You won't leave so soon. There's much to see and much to admire  :)
per aspera ad astra

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »
If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful!

Welcome!

It is a little to broad a request since this whole Forum is about doing that. Tell us a little more about what you are interested in and most likely help.

Offline Valhar

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 11:51:32 PM »
Ah! Thank you, and to be more specific I am curious about the models I see here! I am noticing that for every genre on the site people have models for it. Are these all home made or are there places to obtain these? And is this site just about the models in relation to those genres or is there a bit of a story telling aspect as well? (I noticed a picture/model story in the Gothic section.)

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »
So it seems you're new to the hobby  ;)
Okay, what's going on here? A lot of very friendly and talented people (like the others) present their painted miniatures, vehicles and scenery to each other and other not so talented attenders (me  ;) ), looking for discussions, advice and inspiration for modeling, painting or stories. These may be home made as well as bought. Nearly all of the miniatures shown here are meant for tabletop wargaming or collection pieces, and are used for that. These wargames might be written down as battle reports, telling the stories you mentioned. This reaches from all historical periods to any kind of fictional worlds.

I hope this short  briefing gives you a general overview of the landscape. If there are any questions left, send a Butlerbot to the command center. The Inner Circle will despatch an orderly to take you where you desire  :D

Offline Valhar

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »
That does it! You have been very helpful, thank you! I look forward to browsing through the site!