Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690755
  • Total Topics: 118347
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WW1 Board - New moderator  (Read 14310 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
WW1 Board - New moderator
« on: March 08, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »
Ladies and gents,

Just wanted to let you know, unfortunately our Helen Bachaus is no longer able to moderate the WW1 Board. I've always admired Helen‘s way to moderate and participate, her enormous WW1 and other knowledge’s and just her very decent style. In all the LAF years she’s becoming not only a top moderator but also a good friend.  Thank you very much, Helen!

But the good news is that Helen won’t leave LAF, so no reason to be sad :)

And we needed a new WW1 general. Though this decision was easy, you all know that one guy who likes everything related to WW1. So the WW1 board goes to....Mr.Plynkes! He kindly accepted my invitation  to moderate WW1 board, looks like his sunny job on the Colonial board allows to spend some time on another one :) Many thanks, Dylan!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: WW1 Board - New moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:26:57 PM »
Sorry to hear Helen is standing down and I am pleased to hear she is not leaving us. :)
Great news about Monsieur Plynkes, a very worth successor :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:43:40 PM »
Ahahaha, another step on his way to Anglo-Welsh World Domination!  lol

You couldn't have picked a better one, Prof. Thanks to Helen for her great work. I certainly hope it's nothing serious?

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:35:41 PM »
Hmmm, guess I should start being nice to him since I'll be posting more on that board soon.

Congratulations Mr. P.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:15 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thank you all too for your active contribution to the LAF.

No serious issues with me, but due to heavy work for now I'm unable to continue as moderator.

I look forward in seeing loads more painted miniatures with stories in the future.

Back to painting Alien Greys,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »
Helen,

it was a great honor to serve under your command.  ;)
The men will miss you !

I think Dylan will fit into Helen`s footsteps and  do a good job.

Good luck.

Björn
, ,

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »
Good decision
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »
Was it something I said?  :(

Seriously, while Plynkes will do just as fine a job, it is a pity losing you Helen. Apart from your  encyclopedic knowledge on the subject we can do with more women in the hobbya and you have been setting a fine example.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »
Thanks, fellas. And thanks to Helen who has done a stirling job up to now, especially in digging out all those curious little stories some of which seemed almost too fantastic to be true: Camels on U-Boats, aircraft-powered trains, planes turned into speedboats on the Dead Sea! It's a shame to lose you. Can't live up to that, I'll just have to try my best not to get the entire platoon killed.

Let's just have a last look at the map. Directly the smoke's thick enough, I'll give the word. Prof, Malamute, Chris, you run for this point here. Wait at the gap in the wire to give us support if we need it.

Rich, Helen -  Don't forget to throw your bombs.

When I shout 'Righto!' - Driscoles, Poliorketes and Hammers - in you go with your eight men. I shall lie on the Boche parapet, and blow my whistle now and then to show you where I am. Pounce on the first Boche you see and bundle him out to me.

Then we come back like blazes. I reckon with luck we shall be back in three minutes. Well, there's just time for a cup of coffee. Good luck, everyone.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:55 AM »
Let's just have a last look at the map. Directly the smoke's thick enough, I'll give the word. Prof, Malamute, Chris, you run for this point here. Wait at the gap in the wire to give us support if we need it.

When I shout 'Righto!' - Driscoles, Poliorketes and Hammers - in you go with your eight men. I shall lie on the Boche parapet, and blow my whistle now and then to show you where I am. Pounce on the first Boche you see and bundle him out to me.

Then we come back like blazes. I reckon with luck we shall be back in three minutes. Well, there's just time for a cup of coffee. Good luck, everyone.

Errrm...given that Driscoles, Poliorketes, and myself are more or less "Boches", I'm not quite sure I like the implications of that, unless you consider us "honorary Tommies", or Plynkes'  German Legion... lol

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 10:32:09 AM »
Errrm...given that Driscoles, Poliorketes, and myself are more or less "Boches", I'm not quite sure I like the implications of that, unless you consider us "honorary Tommies", or Plynkes'  German Legion... lol

Think of it as Christmas 1914... Who's brought the football?  ;)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »
It's only "in the pretend", Chris. There's no reason why the real Germans have to be pretend-Germans when we're playing army.  lol

Besides, they are just lines from "Journey's End."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:50:49 AM by Plynkes »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »
I am definately not a boches but 100 % sauerkraut !
I really like  the people from the Island and Plynkes brought tears to my eyes.

There'll always be an England,
And England shall be free,
If England means as much to you
As England means to me.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »

Then we come back like blazes. I reckon with luck we shall be back in three minutes. Well, there's just time for a cup of coffee. Good luck, everyone.[/i]

Yessir! Very well, Si... *PINNNG!* *Splat*

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
Thanks, fellas. And thanks to Helen who has done a stirling job up to now, especially in digging out all those curious little stories some of which seemed almost too fantastic to be true: Camels on U-Boats, aircraft-powered trains, planes turned into speedboats on the Dead Sea! It's a shame to lose you. Can't live up to that, I'll just have to try my best not to get the entire platoon killed.

Actually Dylan, my favourite was with the Australian in the South African Police who signed up as a volunteer and chased the German Camel Corps across Africa.

According to my cousin in the UK we came from Staffordshire when the German language was spoken. Our name which means Bakery is something that I didn't know. I've asked my cousin in the UK for more information.

Peder, I will always be around to assist when I can, but it's very difficult to devote time at the moment.

I think I'd rather sit in the trench, drink a cafe and call in the airforce! lol

Helen