Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hey there.  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
Hey there.
« on: March 26, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
36 year old dude from the states.  I've played the Warhammers and some other GW games off and on for about 10-15 years.  Lately I find myself straying from the flock.  I wanted to try something different and something that didn't involve large scale battles.  I got looking into skirmish games and on kind of a whim wound up buying a western game called Gutshot which is pretty fun.  At some point of scouring the web looking for cool terrain ideas I found myself drooling over the craftsmanship on the western board here.  Out of curiosity I went lurking into the other sections and was astounded by all the genres and rulesets that are out there miniature games.  It's like a whole new world for me.  When I read about all these games and the people playing them I love the fact that they are all very story driven.  I have played some RPGs in the past long ago and while I prefer miniature games I feel that for me personally, I've missed the story that is created by playing.  I've been mostly looking into the pulp/horror stuff and am thinking of trying that out, maybe some .45 Adventure. 

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Hey there.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:56:22 PM »

Welcome Big Sexy…  :? somehow it feel strange to say that… ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
Welcome aboard!
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »
Very welcome! Mind if I call you just Big? :)

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »
Welcome Big Sexy…  :? somehow it feel strange to say that… ;)

Haha.....mission accomplished.  >:D

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:24:28 AM »
Hey ya'll from NC!  I get a kick out of .45 Adventure, but I'm thinking of trying out "Where Heroes Dare" from Iron Ivan, too.  Decisions, decisions....
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »
Even worse, your status says Big Sexy Schoolboy.  You'd best get posting quickly.............  lol
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
hi enjoy :)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
Even worse, your status says Big Sexy Schoolboy.  You'd best get posting quickly.............  lol

Kekekeh. lol

Welcome aboard, Big Sexy!
Everything is better with lizardmen.