Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690887
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Using the supplements?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
Using the supplements?
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:21:32 PM »
I've noticed that in a lot of the posts that certain supplements are suggested for use in .45 games.  Looking at the supplements I've seen that some are for .45 Adventure and some look like stand alone games.  I'm sorry if this seems like the answer should be obvious but do all the Rattrap books use the same game mechanic.  Can I just pick and choose what aspects of the different books to use based on what theme I'm trying to create.  Does it take any twicking in the rules or do they mix flawlesly.  I think i can get by with the .45 books but I think I read that you use some magic rules from the Broadsword books and creatures from Fantastic worlds?  I'm wanting to create a dark, gritty, crime fighting in a corrupt city type atmoshere and introduce more of the arcane as characters get drawn deeper and deeper into its underworld.  I understand that there is a horror supplement in the works which would be cool.  Any plans for super power stuff?

Offline capthugeca

• Mad Scientist
  • “Life is too important to take seriously.”
    • Ten Mil Wargames
Re: Using the supplements?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »
Hi Sexy

I haven't got Gloire but I can vouch for the others dovetailing quite nicely with one another.
When creating new creatures, whether for Broadsword Adventures, .45 or Fantastic Worlds, I use the rules from Planet X - the supplement from Fantastic Worlds - as they seem the most developed.
I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »
I freely mix and match archetypes from .45A and almost all its supplements and Fantastic worlds with its.  I use the Fantastic Worlds rules (almost the same as .45A with some minor tweaks on maybe three or four areas) because that's more my genre of interest, but yeah, they're all mixable - the only big difference is that the .45A grade 1s have an extra row of damage boxes.  If you mix Gloire and FW or .45A, then you need to determine which character uses wswhich projectile-weapon/ammunition rules, but that's a fairly trivial matter.

I've got a set of blank template cards you can use for making up characters you can fit in a ccg card sleeve (Openoffice format) - PM me if you want them.  They're made for FW, but can be trivially adjusted for the other games.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:54:58 AM »
Hey, thanks guys.  Thats kinda what I figured but wasn't sure.