Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690847
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!  (Read 9251 times)

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
Re: OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 11:09:27 PM »
OMG is right. For that much money someone could have bought a complete dwarven army professionally painted.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »

:o That’s sick…
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 12:21:47 AM »
Last Autumn I was digging through some boxes of discarded gaming items and decided to flog some of what I'd unearthed on ebay.  Amongst the random assortment of miniatures were three Mordheim Averlander mercs, which had been crudely painted and had had their tabs snipped off so they could be glued to scenic bases.  Anyway I stripped them and listed the trio on ebay as a group with a 99p starting bid and, seven days later, they were auctioned for a rather substantial £46 (substantial considering I'd paid six quid for them seven-or-so years previously).  I knew they were oop, but I never imagined they'd fetch such a price especially as they were by no means in mint condition.  Obviously it's not nearly as much as our dwarven friend fetched, but I must admit I was rather astounded at the time.  I mean £50 is £50 (actually the buyer was in the US, so once you factor in exchange rate....)!  Still, mustn't grumble...

Offline cianty

• Scientist
    • cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 07:34:20 AM »
The OOP Averlander and Kislevite models for Mordheim are the rarest Mordheim models and especially the Kislevite Bear Tamer always generate ridiculous prices.

But this dwarf is.. that's just crazy... o_o

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 07:39:18 AM »
Kislevite Bear Tamer

I could actually use a mini like that. Are there any pictures?

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »
I've been looking for the Kislevite warband for Mordheim forever. I always got outbid (by a guy in Canada, he won every time). I even bid about $80 for them, and still lost as it went over $100.

Anybody have some?

Okay back on topic, I guess if it's worth it to you, it's okay. I don't see the worth of it in that model, but somebody does. Very interesting, a collector for sure.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 08:42:19 AM »
The OOP Averlander and Kislevite models for Mordheim are the rarest Mordheim models and especially the Kislevite Bear Tamer always generate ridiculous prices.

I sold most of my mordheim kislevites to a forum member a while ago (all but the bear tamer, which I'm not parting with) .

Are the averlanders the one with the huge hats, halberds/greatswords/pistols and the oversized puffy sleeves? I have them in the "to list for sale" pile, was going to offer them on here at some point, but seems like I should put them on ebay and retire.  :o

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:32 AM »
Interesting to see if the same bloke has been winning all the recent silly money characters recently. Could be we have someone new to collecting with more money than knowledge. Its only the stuff specifically labeled as a scenario character going for silly money I've seen some of the characters  not labeled as such go for reasonable prices recently.

warbeads

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »
<snip>
Okay back on topic, I guess if it's worth it to you, it's okay. I don't see the worth of it in that model, but somebody does. Very interesting, a collector for sure.
Egg-zactly, bc99!

This is the Free Market  8)  at work and as long as it's not your money  :D they are spending you should support it in all it's insanity.   :o  This isn't the 1970's and 50 cent figures anymore.  ;)

And as disinterested party I admit I agree with my wife on this one: "Makes your hobby buying look absolutely rational."
 lol

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 11:24:23 AM »
How much does the Kislevite beartamer go for? I could use some cash to get more figures :)
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
Here's the fig, although the left hand is optional (this isn't any of mine)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:53:09 AM by Dewbakuk »

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »
Are the averlanders the one with the huge hats, halberds/greatswords/pistols and the oversized puffy sleeves? I have them in the "to list for sale" pile, was going to offer them on here at some point, but seems like I should put them on ebay and retire.

These are the chaps I sold (sorry, the picture quality isn't up to much.  Had I known how much they were worth I'd have taken more care!):

Shortly after I sold mine a Norwegian chap sold all six variants separately.  Unlike mine his were in mint condition and one went for around £28, the others finishing up around the £20 mark.  That's some investment!

...as disinterested party I admit I agree with my wife on this one: "Makes your hobby buying look absolutely rational."

Yeah, it makes my gaming expenditures look entirely plausible in comparison!   ;)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »
And as disinterested party I admit I agree with my wife on this one: "Makes your hobby buying look absolutely rational."

I'm too afraid to let my wife know I've been looking on ebay to use this to justify my lead addiction...  :o

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »
Here's the fig, although the left hand is optional (this isn't any of mine)

Oh. Here's me thinking there would be a bear in it somewhere.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »
Oh. Here's me thinking there would be a bear in it somewhere.

They did a bear too. Best to forget it ever existed however.