Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690760
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Mutineer releases  (Read 7937 times)

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
Re: New Mutineer releases
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »
[quoteClearly Mr Baker is of that opinion too. On the other hand, I love the way the caps have the tartan scribed in, which is most useful for those of us with unsteady hands.

Badmashes are excellent. I can see some of these featuring on a tabletop near me. As for 99.9% historical miniatures? Take a look at some of the work Alan Marsh has done for Eureka and for Helion.
[/quote]

i hope they are naked warriors with no weapons otherwise i'm on an expensive flight to LA   lol lol

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »
Not much point flying to Los Angeles, although as Frank Black reminds us, there is another one in Patagonia.

If, however, you fancy splashing out on an airfare, you're most welcome to visit us in Brazil. There's a couch or a hammock you can swing. Unfortunately not over the next month, I'll be somewhere between Manaus and Belem on the Amazon.

If you can't make it until the end of the year, then you'll have to settle for the Antipodes, in which case it's a couch and your early mornning alarm is likely to be a boisterous two year old using you as a launching pad and demanding a scouse accent and a blue train impression.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 10:39:52 PM »
"Bring my fat wallet"...haven't you heard, California is bankrupt...I was hoping you could take food stamps in lieu of figures :D.

On a more serious note, any chance of the cavalry being ready for Salute?

All my best,

Rob

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 07:10:18 AM »
Like SVENN said show me a range that  can be proved to be 100% accurate on a toy soldier I'll fly over to California and shake your hand, apart from naked warriors with no weapons

Naked warriors, Rob, you forget the whole circumsized vs foreskin debate of 1987. lol
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
Hi Mutineer,

I thought of a range of figs that is 100% historically accurate...Calpe Miniatures 28mm Prussians...the designer/owner has even gone so far to get the names and addresses of each figure lol. So what do I win? Hopefully some nice Mutineer Miniatures :D!

Rob

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
Hi Mutineer,

I thought of a range of figs that is 100% historically accurate...Calpe Miniatures 28mm Prussians...the designer/owner has even gone so far to get the names and addresses of each figure lol. So what do I win? Hopefully some nice Mutineer Miniatures :D!

Rob

ok free pack of badmash then ;) cheaper than a flight to California just lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 05:58:41 PM »
Peters Calpe figures are definately the most extensively researched but I think even he would have to admit they are not 100% accurate. He does seem to redo codes when he finds out though.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
"Bring my fat wallet"...haven't you heard, California is bankrupt...I was hoping you could take food stamps in lieu of figures :D.

On a more serious note, any chance of the cavalry being ready for Salute?

All my best,

Rob

the Horses are done and they are stunning  I sent them straight to the casting house so no photo's at the moment the cavalry will be may for the first ones

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 12:42:04 AM »
Good news on the horses. Did you have eBob do these or someone else?

More importantly, will any of the Cav be ready for Salute :P

Offline the Mutineer

• Bookworm
  • The devils wind
    • Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 08:16:53 AM »
sorry not available for salute the highlanders might just make it, the horses are Ebob conversions with some new poses

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »
Hi Brian,
When will the flags be available? Will there be any Mutinous Irregular type flags?
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »
Gurkhas are by Robbie Baker all the others are Mike Owen

I thought so, that's grand, they are among my favourite sculpts to paint up.

I like them, I like them a lot. I particularly like the Ghurkas as Michael Moorcock has some in his story 'The Steel Tsar' in the 'Nomad of the Time Streams' series, and I want to collect some units that appear in the series. He refers to them as Ghoorkas, but I assume that is an old way of saying it? I just need some 'Coolies' and 'Malays' for them to fight.  :)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 09:19:49 AM »
Goorkha is the old spelling. Current British Army spelling is Gurkha, current Indian Army spelling is Gorkha.

It seems that the "H" tends to wander around too, hence Ghurka is sometimes seen and we have the Ghoorka from your book.

Transliteration into the Latin alphabet is a funny old business. There is rarely a single simple way of doing it that everyone agrees on for all time. It's the same way with Arabic, no single recognized way of spelling words using our alphabet. Hence Muhammad, Muhammed, Mohammed, Mahomet, etc.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »
Language is an interesting matter isn't it. Unbelievable where it has come, how it has thrived and how people have thoroughly pissed on it through ignorance.

But regardless of that, cheers for the little bit of knowledge there! The book probably refers to them in the way it does because it is set in the early 1900's/late 1800's.  :)

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
Turning into a very nice range of figures this with plenty of variety, would be fun to paint up all the different types of uniforms worn.