Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690904
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Another New Mr. Burning W.I.P Multi Genre Steam Tank UPDATE 24/05/2010  (Read 6016 times)

Offline Mr. Burning

• Librarian
It is now primed, and I can see that a lot of work is still to be done.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
That looks great, at the mo, all I can think of when I see it is 40k! But I'm sure with a new lick of paint, that will change.  :)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
That looks great, at the mo, all I can think of when I see it is 40k! But I'm sure with a new lick of paint, that will change.  :)
I am the same at the moment. The Leman Russ tracks are too Recognizable. You need to try and disguise them a bit. Maybe make it plainer?
From the front the tank looks good.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
I keep thinking the tracks should be the other way around and have a flat side...  ???

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
It looks awesome.

However, I still think you've got a fair bit of work to go (as you pointed out). I say this, because it still doesn't look like a steam tank: rather, a badass tank with a pipe out the back :/ Maybe it's just the angle of the pic, and there are other details I'm not seeing :)

What have you got planned for it?

Offline Mr. Burning

• Librarian
I have left it and have come back to it numerous times and yes it still looks too 40k.

I think I m going to cover the track sides with plasticard plating and add some extra plating on top of that.

I'm going to work on the top of the chassis as well with some more exposed pipes ad maybe a more prominent boiler.

Remember that it is going to be used in 40k games as well. ;)

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
If i had the chance to fix up the Leman Russ tanks I have again ,I would go with having the body back to front the front gun port is ideal as the bolier and what is now the rear end has the potential as a new front.
But as it is i'm going to either totaly cover the tracks at the top or bite the bullet and try to remove those track pieces and "lower" the tracks so its less WWI to "Holt" tractor -still have the tracks covering the top 1/2 but have them as mudguards/gantry on which to place extra storage.
gan canny kidder!