Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dunwich Detectives  (Read 6306 times)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
Dunwich Detectives
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:08:59 AM »
I recently bought some unpainted figures from EM-4 from the above range.  I had known they did  painted figures from the Pulp Era Showcase but hadn't seen these unpainted ones before.

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Dunwich_Detectives.html

Though they have their faults (some poses arent great and the guns look unformed) the representation of clothing is far better than I have seen in any other figures.  The soft hats and creased suits and coats are superb.  I contacted EM-4 asking if they intended making more of them to be told that they were figures they had bought from some German company and that they had been around since the Nineties.

Can anyone tell me who made these figures and whether they are still making similar (or indeed any) figures.  I would love to see further figures from the same guy.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:14:08 AM »
They were made by Metal Magic who are no longer around.
Mega Miniatures have some of theirs stuff (most of the fantasy range) as do Em-4 (the new sci fi trooops are old Metal Magic).

Metal Magic produced an excellent line of Asterix figures whch will hopefully resurface soon.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »
i've seen those EM4 ones some weeks ago and i'm really tempted, some of them have really nice charm

love it:

Offline Rugland

• Assistant
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:57:40 AM »
:o Those deep ones are really great. My Innsmouth board needs some inhabitants to worship Dagon.
Arkham, Dunwich; Arkham, Dunwich -
filled with haunting fears
Neighbors who hide up in the attics
inbreeding happily for years...

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »
To Rugland !

Hey Steve,

when do you think we can play .45 Adventure together. Dätgen is only 15 minutes away from my home !

Björn
, ,

Offline Rugland

• Assistant
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »
@Driscoles
I´m afraid I dont have much time at the moment because some of my peers are on sommer vacation and i have to do their work. May Dagon swallow their souls  :x

But the situation should get better in about two weeks.  :roll: At least i hope so.

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »
I contacted EM4 some weeks ago and Doug told me probably the whole range will be released. The pre-painted sets they have are also from this range but they'll be the last that will be released unpainted (I think the pre-painted ones are made from a different company).

Quote from: "matakishi"
Metal Magic produced an excellent line of Asterix figures whch will hopefully resurface soon.
I hope so too. Never picked them up and the price they go for now at ebay is incredible high.
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 04:02:57 PM »
to Rugland :

so we`ll make something up in two weeks. What about you and the TST in Bad Oldesloe. ?

( For our english natives...:Bad Oldesloe is not really a bad Town...Its only its freakin name ...)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 04:11:53 PM »
What does Bad Oldesloe translate as? Or is it really just a name and has no meaning?

It sounds like a great name for a small town I was planning on doing for the Horror supplement when I get to it.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Dunwich Detectives
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 05:21:20 PM »
In Germany all towns with a BAD are Towns were people can go to get medical treatment. I think you call them health resorts ?
Anyway....those places usually have special water fountains or fresh air and such.

I have no idea what Oldesloe stands for. But I try to find out cuz usually German town names stand for something. Heres the link to the town.

http://www.oldesloe1.de/Homepage_Stadt_OD/umleitung.php

The homepage is not really interesting.

Tassilo von Bary is the name of the Mayor. I just found that out Rich...Thats a great Name for a German villain !

Bad Oldesloe will be the town were we are going to do a small Wargame Convention in September. Min topic will be PULP I think I told you about it. :)

Were gonna play. Chaos in Cairo, Gothic Horror, .45 Adventure and other games like Warmachine, Rezolution, Confrontation etc. I will make some pictures and post them here.

Cheers
Björn