Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691046
  • Total Topics: 118365
  • Online Today: 809
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tengu Models: 28mm Zombies (website online)  (Read 33657 times)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Tengu Models: 28mm Zombies
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 03:32:52 PM »
MODERN Cthulhu-esque stuff would be fantastic.  Or even 'period-generic' stuff.

Mutated folks are all the rage!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »
Want to support this, (you know what a zed head I am) so finger's crossed on a pricing rethink.

Tight arse!

Face it - we both know, we will both buy these, so don't mess the guy around.

lol

Blackstone - IMHO the pricing is perfectly reasonable - the quality is good, and the subjects are good generic poses, so plenty of uses.  I wouldn't build an entire horde out of them (due to the price per mini, and the size of my hordes), BUT I would definitely have them in my collection, as they are good standout minis.  I'd also echo Vyper's comments re: using HF guns etc, and future range additions.

Keep up the good work.

8)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »
IMHO these zombies are great sculpts, but the market is already pretty swollen and would perhaps be more likely to sell to more than the zedheads who must have every zombie sculpt if they were closer in price to say the Studio miniatures - if it comes to a choice between £16 for eight figures or £22 for eight fiigures then I personally would go for the Studio minis.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
Please do some rage type zombies in attack/running poses... definate need for those!

Darkoath

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 02:52:44 AM »
I really like these figures they're top quality. I'd be happy to buy them even though they're a bit smaller than my West Wind & Reaper figures but the price is holding me back. I like the free shipping idea.

IMHO these zombies are great sculpts, but the market is already pretty swollen and would perhaps be more likely to sell to more than the zedheads who must have every zombie sculpt if they were closer in price to say the Studio miniatures - if it comes to a choice between £16 for eight figures or £22 for eight figures then I personally would go for the Studio minis.

I'll have to agree with Onebigriver on this. You're competing with established companies of equal quality like Studio miniatures. You'll need to build a loyal base of repeat customers in order for your company to thrive. You've heard caveats about the price from the very people who would form your vanguard of loyal customers. These are the people who own everything Studio miniatures has produced. Why don't you try a LAF discount coupon, say 2 pounds off and see how many pre-orders it generates? At the very least you'll have your miniatures showing up all over the net.

Hasslefree minis, for instance for for up to about 8 dollars apiece for a single 28mm mini.

I don't know were you shop but I get Hasslefree here in the US for $6.60 a piece and I picked up all of the Matt Lord zombies for $5.60 each. 
Rob

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 03:35:27 AM »

I don't know were you shop but I get Hasslefree here in the US for $6.60 a piece and I picked up all of the Matt Lord zombies for $5.60 each. 
Rob

Shush you....I'm trying to exaggerate!

I've paid 7.70 for a few of the hasslfree 'characters' IE Cobra....but the favorable exchange rate makes them much more affordable.  I don't have any problem paying that, it's just that I buy lots less at that price...

Nothing local sells them, so I rely on online vendors.

Oh, and back on thread....I ordered my Tengu Zombies!!  can't wait

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 10:40:35 AM »
Love em mate, cracking sculpts, so when can I send the filthy cash to you :D

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »
I have never seen a zombie mininature with a samurai sword or a chainsaw through the chest. That would be awesome as a future Tengu Models release!  :)
Current projects:
A Fistful of Kung Fu

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »
I have never seen a zombie mininature with a samurai sword or a chainsaw through the chest. That would be awesome as a future Tengu Models release!  :)

One of the Studio zombies has a samurai sword through it, and another has a shotgun rammed through it's chest...

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »
Tight arse!

Face it - we both know, we will both buy these, so don't mess the guy around.

lol

Blackstone - IMHO the pricing is perfectly reasonable - the quality is good, and the subjects are good generic poses, so plenty of uses.  I wouldn't build an entire horde out of them (due to the price per mini, and the size of my hordes), BUT I would definitely have them in my collection, as they are good standout minis.  I'd also echo Vyper's comments re: using HF guns etc, and future range additions.

Keep up the good work.

8)
I paid a £10 for a steam punk cowboy by Werner Clock, because I wanted it lol, so it isnt that bad a price tbh and all are individual castings, order on its way :D these look like they knock Studio off the top spot for me too

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
One of the Studio zombies has a samurai sword through it, and another has a shotgun rammed through it's chest...

Really?!! I missed those.  :?

I´m on my way over to the studio miniatures website - right now!  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
This is definitely interesting stuff!!  8)

Any chance of some WIP pics of next batch(es)?

I'd love modern themed C'thulhu/weird mutant horror, too, but, let's face it, c'thulhoid minis can most often be used for all periods  lol

Running Zeds: Try looking at Westwinds Rage Zombies. I think the set has 8 or 10 minis (2 of each pose).
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
Thanks again for the feedback. It's really useful at this stage of the company.

Please do some rage type zombies in attack/running poses... definate need for those!
Yes I think of the current zombies as Romero style shamblers and I do have plans for fast raging Z's.

Any chance of some WIP pics of next batch(es)?
Yes I'll be showing some new figures soon... including some Boss Zombies and the first pack of a new range.

Cheers

:)

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 07:27:32 PM »
Running Zeds: Try looking at Westwinds Rage Zombies. I think the set has 8 or 10 minis (2 of each pose).

I have those westwind rage zombies.  I don't think they are great sculpts.  They are quite large and look more like ghouls than zombies... all are bald and they are not really running at all but standing in place or leaping up in place.  With the shredded clothing, bald heads, and muscles they look more like ghoul body builders than rage zombies.  Not very dynamic poses.  No one actually does nice realistic looking rage zombies running full out...

I placed my order for the two Tengu packs also! :-*

Darkoath
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:29:19 PM by Darkoath »

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »
I have those westwind rage zombies.  I don't think they are great sculpts.  They are quite large and look more like ghouls than zombies... all are bald and they are not really running at all but standing in place or leaping up in place.  With the shredded clothing, bald heads, and muscles they look more like ghoul body builders than rage zombies.  Not very dynamic poses.  No one actually does nice realistic looking rage zombies running full out...

Darkoath

I agree completely....I'm not a fan of the West Wind ones either..well at least not for my idea of 'rage zombies'.

Griffin's zombie does have a few that feel closer to Ragers...

For instance,

http://www.griffinminiatures.com/images/Zombies/zombie_04.html

and

http://www.griffinminiatures.com/images/Zombies/zombie_02.html

While they aren't running, I get the since of quick movement from both.  But, yeah, it's an under represented zombie cliche!