Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Crew of an armored car of Red army of 28 mm from "Siberia-miniatures".  (Read 24190 times)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
Paying for things from Russia is a nightmare.  I've managed over the past few years to get quite a lot of model railway stuff from there for my Civil War era layout (in H0).  The first hurdle is getting retailers there even to reply to emails - but thankfully that isn't a problem here.  Sending cash is a complete no-no - it will always get stolen en route.  Credit cards are usually a waste of time as well.  Best way I have found is where the seller has opened an account in a German bank and you pay directly into that but I suspect that only works if the seller is likely to visit Western Europe at some time to pick up his cash.  Other times I have bought wagons from people in St.P by giving lumps of roubles to friends visiting the city and getting the seller to meet them to get his money.  It certainly ain't easy.

Postage costs are horrific.  There is an excellent model rail magazine, for example available for a reasonable price, but once you factor in the post it becomes prohibitive.

Best online translator I have found in PROMPT, available here: http://www.online-translator.com/Default.aspx/Text

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Paying for things from Russia is a nightmare.  I've managed over the past few years to get quite a lot of model railway stuff from there for my Civil War era layout (in H0).  The first hurdle is getting retailers there even to reply to emails - but thankfully that isn't a problem here.  Sending cash is a complete no-no - it will always get stolen en route.  Credit cards are usually a waste of time as well.  Best way I have found is where the seller has opened an account in a German bank and you pay directly into that but I suspect that only works if the seller is likely to visit Western Europe at some time to pick up his cash.  Other times I have bought wagons from people in St.P by giving lumps of roubles to friends visiting the city and getting the seller to meet them to get his money.  It certainly ain't easy.

Postage costs are horrific.  There is an excellent model rail magazine, for example available for a reasonable price, but once you factor in the post it becomes prohibitive.

Best online translator I have found in PROMPT, available here: http://www.online-translator.com/Default.aspx/Text

OK, thanks for the warning. Good to see that  someone else but me cares about buyer enlightenment. ;)

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
Re: Crew of an armored car of Red army of 28 mm from "Siberia-miniatures".
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
Anything new on the importing front? I've shown the miniatures to some friends and they started dancing around! ;)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:40 AM »
The images, I see them not.

Ah, wait. There's the website link.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 08:42:53 AM »
The problem with acquisition of my miniatures is practically solved.
It was not so simple - to understand with transfer of money by way comprehensible to the buyer.
The best and inexpensive way of sending of money to Russia - English system Moneybookers.
http://www.moneybookers.com/app/? l=EN
This way I have already tested with some western buyers - all perfectly works. It is possible to familiarise with conditions on site Moneybookers.
Should warn, that mail across Russia goes long enough. I sent a package to Denmark - the package was in a way about two weeks. To all clients of a figure have reached safely.
Cost - this complete set of figures - 13 USD.
It is necessary to include at payment a sum of money on the postage: to 1 kg - 12 USD. More than kg - 26 USD.

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »
Can you post on your website the weight for each product?

How much do the 4 crew figures weigh?
How much does the Austin Putilov weigh?

Then I can calculate approximately how much I can buy before I go over the 1 kilogram weight.

Thank you.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
Yeah, thank you for the reply. I'll have a look at that site.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:36 AM »
I now have not enough free time, it is very occupied on the basic work. As I will a little be released, I will necessarily edit the site and I will place on it the necessary information for the client.
By the way, on Russian post difficult enough system of definition of cost of departure and, probably, sending of figures in the USA will appear more expensively, than a post package to Europe. But what precisely to learn cost of postal services, it is necessary to make trial departure.
Weight of one complete set of figures of a command of an armored car (5 pieces) with packing - nearby 90 gramme.
Armored car - nearby 100 gramme.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 07:28:38 AM »
I now have not enough free time, it is very occupied on the basic work. As I will a little be released, I will necessarily edit the site and I will place on it the necessary information for the client.
By the way, on Russian post difficult enough system of definition of cost of departure and, probably, sending of figures in the USA will appear more expensively, than a post package to Europe. But what precisely to learn cost of postal services, it is necessary to make trial departure.
Weight of one complete set of figures of a command of an armored car (5 pieces) with packing - nearby 90 gramme.
Armored car - nearby 100 gramme.

Sounds good. I think you have a new customer here... I'll contact you via PM.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
Would it make sense to make a larger common laf (obviously country specific) order so that we use the p&p as efficiently as possible?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 10:23:04 AM »
Would it make sense to make a larger common laf (obviously country specific) order so that we use the p&p as efficiently as possible?

Be aware of customs charges which can be quite unforgiving on large orders from Russia.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »
I wasn't. Thank you for the heads up.

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »
I remian interested in adding a couple of sets of the these figures to my Russian Civil War Armies.  What would be the cost of sending them to the United States?

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 05:41:43 AM »
Have you looked into partnerships with miniatures producers in other areas?
-Eli

"I See Lead People"

Visit I SEE LEAD PEOPLE!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 04:22:12 AM »
I am ready to send the first parcel in the USA under the prices specified above. After that, if quotations differ from quotations for sending to Europe, I will bring updatings for items of mail in the USA. So the first American customer, probably, will have a small bonus in the postage. ;)
My figures will be made only by studio "Siberia-Miniatures". Offers on wholesales for the western sellers at me yet was not. Probably, the situation will change, when at my studio the assortment will increase.