Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690857
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brigade Games FT 17s  (Read 7265 times)

Offline jtrnka

• Scientist
    • http://www.diewaffenkammer.com
Re: Brigade Games FT 17s
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 01:41:28 PM »
Sweet tanks Helen! I'm going to be having a face to face with Lon at Fall In this year as I'm casting his Mk.IV's and V's I'll see if there's a chance of doing the FT-17 up in resin as well.

Jeff @ JTFM

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
Sweet tanks Helen! I'm going to be having a face to face with Lon at Fall In this year as I'm casting his Mk.IV's and V's I'll see if there's a chance of doing the FT-17 up in resin as well.

Jeff @ JTFM

Thanks Jeff 8)
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »
I'm now going to look at Force of Arms (FOA) for their FT 17s since Brigade Games has gone all metal.

FOA have some lovely vehicles on offer and I'll look at the FT 17s for the Finns for my Winter War project.

You may want re-check that. As far as I know, the FT-17s were used as dug in fire support positions in Winter War, no mobile ones were used, after the Finns had realised the main gun failed to penetrate even 10mm of steel. Instead Finns had Vickers type Es (?) which failed miserably.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 02:59:24 AM »
I'm now going to look at Force of Arms (FOA) for their FT 17s since Brigade Games has gone all metal.

FOA have some lovely vehicles on offer and I'll look at the FT 17s for the Finns for my Winter War project.

You may want re-check that. As far as I know, the FT-17s were used as dug in fire support positions in Winter War, no mobile ones were used, after the Finns had realised the main gun failed to penetrate even 10mm of steel. Instead Finns had Vickers type Es (?) which failed miserably.

Thankyou!

This subject heading is over a year old and since then I've had support from Peder an many others plus my library increased 10 fold and now just a little wiser, perhaps? I've a numbers of Vickers type Es including the upgrade version. My project (which there is another thread) is coming along slowly as I'm getting prepared for a large WW1 Palestine game in December an I'm busy with paint brush in hand at the moment.

Thanks again for your comments.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:18:05 AM by Helen Bachaus »

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »
No problem, I look forward seeing your Winter War stuff! :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 10:03:10 PM »

Thankyou!

This subject heading is over a year old and since then I've had support from Peder an many others plus my library increased 10 fold and now just a little wiser perhaps. I've a numbers of Vickers type Es including the upgrade version. My project (which there is another thread) is coming along slowly as I'm getting prepared for a large WW1 Palestine game in December an I'm busy with paint brush in hand at the moment.

Speaking of which, has the Tali 1944 arrived yet?

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 04:17:01 AM »

Thankyou!

This subject heading is over a year old and since then I've had support from Peder an many others plus my library increased 10 fold and now just a little wiser perhaps. I've a numbers of Vickers type Es including the upgrade version. My project (which there is another thread) is coming along slowly as I'm getting prepared for a large WW1 Palestine game in December an I'm busy with paint brush in hand at the moment.

Speaking of which, has the Tali 1944 arrived yet?

Hello Peder,

Picked up my weekly mail today (Thursday) and yippie one movie  :-* and a beautiful card  8). Thankyou so much an I'm truly humbled by such a lovely gift. :o

Thankyou again for your support an I wish you and yours all the very best.

Helen