Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Compatibility of Perry Sudan range with Copplestoneetc.  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Loukianos

• Student
Compatibility of Perry Sudan range with Copplestoneetc.
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:00:49 PM »
Hello everyone,
has anyone had a chance to compare Copplestone or Artizan or Pulp Miniatures or Brigade Games(to mention the 4 companies I will be using for my Pulp project) with the Perry Sudan range? From the pics on the net the Perrys look much thinner than say Artizan but that may be just a mistaken impression I get from them? I would like to use their Mahdi troops as natives for my project but I don't know how compatible they are.
Thank you for your time.

ps. I realise that compatibility can be a subjective issue so any pics comparing them would be hugely welcome.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:04:06 PM »
Well, this is my description but I would say that Artizan and Coppestone are chunky 28mm, Brigade is slim 28mm to chunky 25mm. Perry is true 25mm noticably smaller than the others.

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:08:10 PM »
I woul say Perry is thin 28mm. And no, they wouldn't look that good mixed with Artizan. Pulp is another story, because these are 25mm.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
I have them both. Perry Sudan is true 28mm, while Copplestone is heroic 30mm.
IMO they do not really mix.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
Compatiblity
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 04:29:22 AM »
I have found the some of the Brigade Games and Copplestone Figures mix very well.  I am very happy with my German Sailor Regiment of Copplestone and Brigade Games Figures.  Many of the Back of Beyond, Brigade Games, and Pulp Figures mix very well together. The Perry figures are thinner, but a couple of the officer figures fit in okay without too much fuss.  However, the Copplestone Back of Beyond British, Sikh, Muslim, Gurkha, and White Russian Officers are huge and don't match with anything excpet my Napoleonic Colonial Armies of India c.1800 (done by Redoubt) and an Highlander and Viking Range that Reaper did a while back.  The Artizan are a little taller, but I have been adding a lot of the "Pulp" Characters to my "collection" to add panache.
 By the way, I am looking for some early Napoleonic French from "The Army of the Orient" to stiffen the Indian Princes' Armies against my British Sepoys.  If anyone knows of a range of figures that would be compatible with Redoubt "Wellington in India" Range please let me know.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Compatiblity
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:41:27 AM »
Quote from: "Leapsnbounds"
I have found the some of the Brigade Games and Copplestone Figures mix very well.  I am very happy with my German Sailor Regiment of Copplestone and Brigade Games Figures.  Many of the Back of Beyond, Brigade Games, and Pulp Figures mix very well together. The Perry figures are thinner, but a couple of the officer figures fit in okay without too much fuss.  However, the Copplestone Back of Beyond British, Sikh, Muslim, Gurkha, and White Russian Officers are huge and don't match with anything excpet my Napoleonic Colonial Armies of India c.1800 (done by Redoubt) and an Highlander and Viking Range that Reaper did a while back.  The Artizan are a little taller, but I have been adding a lot of the "Pulp" Characters to my "collection" to add panache.
 By the way, I am looking for some early Napoleonic French from "The Army of the Orient" to stiffen the Indian Princes' Armies against my British Sepoys.  If anyone knows of a range of figures that would be compatible with Redoubt "Wellington in India" Range please let me know.

Hi you may want to look at Britannia Napoleonic Naval range in 28 mm for the French Naval crew and also old Glory do some as well. The former look great and maybe one day I hope to adventure with this.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Loukianos

• Student
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
it seems the clear consensus is that the Perrys will not work with the other ranges. Terrible shame this. :( Anyways thank you one and all for sharing your informed views on this; I appreciate your help.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »
Quote from: "Loukianos"
Terrible shame this.

Aye. I think we are all with ye there, brother.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 12:42:31 PM »
If you are looking to build a force of Dervish, Fuzzy Wuzzy, types then check out Warrior Miniatures and scroll down to the bargain bags http://www.warrioronline.demon.co.uk/25mm/25colonial.htm

Excellent Value.  They are thin 25mm figures but many are posed slightly stooped so this is not noticeable.  In my force I use these as the bulk of the units with Copplestone leaders (they match for size really well) and also small numbers of Britannia (chunky 28mm), Ral partha (little 25mm), Redoubt (huge 32mm), London War Room (fit perfectly) and Irregular (28mm) .  The overall effect is to create a mass of different sized tribesmen - looks OK to me.

For flags go to the warflag site.  http://www.warflag.com/flags/colonial/dervish.shtml
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis