Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:02:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Aliens APC  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: New Aliens APC
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
@ Jimmy:  I like the corridors you've done.   I might be convinced on those.  But I'm still a skeptic.  I fumble up paper models somethin' fierce.  And, I just prefer the substance of real models for my vehicles.  Also I play games with my kids a lot and my 3 boys would have these things crushed/burned/digested in no time.

The Worldworks models are really good - I use their Streets of Mayhem and some of their Urban Mayhem stuff for Near Future/Zombie games.

I am a bit in two minds about paper models and kids... on one hand, paper models can be easily crumbled, torn apart, destroyed by grease or liquids... on the other, they can be much more cheaply and easily replaced than an expensive piece of resin broken into smal bits by being dropped on the floor, or a heavy lump of metal having details hammered flat in the same process (not to mention the non-existing paintjob).

I LIKE resin/plastic/metal models better than paper - but, again, I can't afford having everything I want in expensive models, and many paper models DO look good - especially modern/sci-fi stuff.

But every man his cake. If you can settle for a few solid models, buying a little at a time (or your job allows you to buy whatever you fancy), by all means, do so (and remember to make pics for us to drewl over  ;)  ).

I'm just happy that I can get some models/buildings/roads for gaming that I would otherwise be hard pressed to be able to pay for :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 06:30:45 PM »
Argonor: I rarely buy expensive resin etc.  So I compromise between the paper models and the uber-expensive.  See this thread as an example:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=16443.0
This is my boomstick!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
Yeah, well - lots of toys can be pressed into service for gaming... I just bought a die-cast 1/43 red hummer that I actually think is a bit too small for 28 mm....  You cannot really trust those scales  :?

My biggest problem concerning toys is, we only have a very small toy stor near us (and even that is 7 clicks away).

EDIT: Hmmm... now that I have seen the hummer next to some 'proper' 28 mm figs (not plastic orks) it actually seems quite beefy  lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:30:51 PM by Argonor »

Offline lostpict

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 10:00:21 PM »
I prefer the resin stuff too, but at least for 25mm / 28mm the choices are limited.  So I end up mixing and matching resin, models, toys, kitbashes, and paper.

Jimmy

Offline Patron Zero

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Now that's a paper kit worth purchasing if for nothing more than to up-scale/enlarge to 1/35 or 1/48 !

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
It's already god's own scale so why bother?  :D
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Patron Zero

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »
  It's already god's own scale so why bother?  :D 

Actually planing a playhouse-playfort build for my nephews this summer, could quite easily see a kid-sized APC defending their backyard from bugs and other non-terrestrial pests !

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
Actually planing a playhouse-playfort build for my nephews this summer, could quite easily see a kid-sized APC defending their backyard from bugs and other non-terrestrial pests !

If you actually pull that one through, PLEASE post pictures. The most we had was a sandbox (although that one was great fun).

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »

Scale up the plans and you're away! Great idea, definately one to do for my little marines!

;)

Offline gothique

• Student
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
I have the M722 built and ht eDropship waiting on my hard drive. They're a bit overscale for my 25mm Denizen Mid-Tech's but not so big as to look wrong. The benefits of cost and portability outweigh any difficult build.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
I have the M722 built and ht eDropship waiting on my hard drive. They're a bit overscale for my 25mm Denizen Mid-Tech's but not so big as to look wrong. The benefits of cost and portability outweigh any difficult build.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.... SHOW US!!!  :D

;)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 09:45:38 PM »
Pictures are worth a thousand words.... SHOW US!!!  :D

;)

He's right, you know!

lol

Offline gothique

• Student
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how to attach pictures to this forum. If anyone can explain in simple English, you can have pictures.

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
per aspera ad astra

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2010, 11:48:44 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how to attach pictures to this forum. If anyone can explain in simple English, you can have pictures.

So upload your pics to photbucket or similar get the URL/address of the file (direct address).

Cut, paste the address into your post and hit the Insert Image Button or put at the end after the file extension.

simples!