Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:55:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: preview pics; Gear Krieg Walküre (Valkyrie) book  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
preview pics; Gear Krieg Walküre (Valkyrie) book
« on: July 17, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
After the success of the Back of Beyond book, I am all psyched up for the next project.
The The German Walker Compendium II: Walküre!

The Valkyrie model was always something special for me. It was the first GK miniature released by DP9, I loved the design and since than I am a fan...

The German Walker Compendium II: Walküre includes 14 Walküre variants; Ausführung A to H, the “Flak-Walküre” and “Sturmwalküre”, Ausführung E-2 to E-X and even the rare Alpenkämpfer and the Panzerbefehlskämpfer II; the book also provides new Traits, an AFV force list and an extended German armoury to add to your games of World at War: Gear Krieg.

PzKpf V Panzerbefehlskämpfer II
In Service:1942
From August to November of 1942, 81 Ausführung B vehicles were modified to serve as command units. They were the same as the basic Ausführung B Walküre, though the top cupola was replaced by an extended hull armor lip along with additional radio equipment and a periscope.
Modeling Notes:Take the picture of the Panzerbefehlskämpfer shown as a guide. I builded a Walküre Ausführung C out of the blister. The included German Walker Commander looks suitable commanding, he fits the bill! Then add as much jerry cans, ammo boxes and stowage as you can fit around the cupola. Add huge radio aerials and you are done!

PzKpf V Ausführung E (DP9s Gear Krieg range)
In Service:1942
The Ausführung E was Ausführung B chassis with the arms and weapons removed to fit twin artillery rocket launchers. This variant was built in very small numbers.
Modeling Notes: Build a Walküre without the arms, and then add two rocket launchers from the Axis Weapon Pack (DP9-635) to each side of the torso. Just too spice it up you may also add Nebelwerfer from any of the existing 15mm ranges (Peter Pig, FoW as in the pic above)

See more on my website: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/german_wc_ii__walkure.html
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: preview pics; Gear Krieg Walküre (Valkyrie) book
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »
more preview pics...

PzKpf V E-X Walküre
In Service:1943
Like the Loki, the Walküre E chassis also served as a testbed for Bündellichtwerfer (laser) weaponry under the “X” designation, though it used 2cm Dual AA gun as backup instead of a Panzerfaust.
Modeling Notes: Build a Walküre without the arms, then add the Laser piece from the Axis Weapon Pack (DP9-635) and a twin anti-aircraft gun assembly from the AA Guns Pack (DP9-624) on the opposed side.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:15 PM »
The release is soon there...

and some preview pages:

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »
Hey Agis,
Looks great. I a similar subject, my group tried out Battlefield Evolution: World at War
http://baronvonj.blogspot.com/2010/07/battlefield-evolution-world-at-war-test.html
Now for Back of Beyond!
-J

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »
Hey Agis,
Looks great. I a similar subject, my group tried out Battlefield Evolution: World at War
http://baronvonj.blogspot.com/2010/07/battlefield-evolution-world-at-war-test.html
Now for Back of Beyond!
-J
Thanks, I like your writeup also!  8)
Quote from your Blog: "There isn't any, really. When a unit is reduced to half, be it a fire team or squad, they are mostly combat ineffective. They can take no offensive actions, merely react. No rolls for morale. Some players took awhile to adjust to this, but I thought it had a lot of subtlety to it."
Many need game after game and complain endlessly about the "bulit in" Morale rules, IMO it has indeed a lot of subtlety build in.
Keep also in mind the Command Radius, Push back after Close Combat, Retreat and Suppresson rules... ;)

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:46:50 PM »
I meant there are no "morale rolls" in the traditional sense. No Morale part of the turn sequence.
-J

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:58:40 PM »
I meant there are no "morale rolls" in the traditional sense. No Morale part of the turn sequence.
-J
And i understand it that way, my comment was just about most of the usual responses I get.
I absolutely appreciate your point of view. It was the game designers intention to achieve exactly that effect...

Offline kenohhkc

• Scientist
  • I Can't Help Myself
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »
I was at the game in question. We did enjoy the game and I like that it does a lot with a few rolls. Just some traditional folks in our group couldn't get around the fact that they limited their abilty to perform by poor placement of troops.

It will be my skirmish WWII and WWWII ruleset of choice.

Now about you getting to that Heavy Gear ruleset for WaW...

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »
I was at the game in question. We did enjoy the game and I like that it does a lot with a few rolls. Just some traditional folks in our group couldn't get around the fact that they limited their abilty to perform by poor placement of troops.
Yup, that is exactly was happens in WaW...
 ;)

It will be my skirmish WWII and WWWII ruleset of choice.
Thanks!
Now about you getting to that Heavy Gear ruleset for WaW...
You will not be disappointed...
 8)

Offline kenohhkc

• Scientist
  • I Can't Help Myself
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
 ;D!!!!!!!