Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690932
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fishermen released by Black Cat Bases  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackcatbases.com
Fishermen released by Black Cat Bases
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
Hi,

Today we have 6 fishermen to release:

The first one has a pipe and a gun

The second a chain with a hook:

The third a crowbar:

The forth has a pair of binoculars and a gun:

The fifth a short chain:

Finally the last one has a rifle:

All can be found here:
http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=437_617&zenid=eb6d3bf8f31d406416cee4021a7a736a

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:09:54 PM by Black Cat Bases »

Offline gharak

• Librarian
    • Aegeus: Age of Mythical Battles
Re: Fishermen released by Black Cat Bases
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »
They are actually not bad, I've stayed clear of Black Cat miniatures as I usually feel the sculpts are not up to the quality of stuff like Artizan Designs and I was sadly dissappointed by some resin sculpts I received a few years back.

However: That captain looks the business and will be finding it's way into my collection sometime soon as will a couple of others.

G

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »
I really love the character of them.  I'm not so much liking the 'squatness'.  Still, I think I can live with that.

Are these in metal, or resin?

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »
They are actually not bad, I've stayed clear of Black Cat miniatures as I usually feel the sculpts are not up to the quality of stuff like Artizan Designs and I was sadly dissappointed by some resin sculpts I received a few years back.

However: That captain looks the business and will be finding it's way into my collection sometime soon as will a couple of others.

G
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post but if you had a problem when you ordered from us before why didn't you let us know at the time rather than bring it up several YEARS later when we release something new???? I have never as yet failed to sort out a problem and I am always happy to refund once goods are returned to us if you are not happy, no questions asked providing the goods are in their original condition, actually even though I am only obliged to do so for a very short period of time I am happy to do it now!! I am assuming if they were so disappointing you did not paint them and therefore they would be in original condition? If you don't have them then give me the order number and a copy of what you ordered and I will sort it from there!
We pride ourselves on our customer service and we do not like anyone to be unhappy! We have only ever produced 2 figures in resin so I am assuming you are referring to them?

To answer the other question that was asked these are metal, thanks for your interest. :)

Jo

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »
Bravo....

I like em....
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »
Those are excellent, I want some of them for CoC RPG!!

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »
Thanks guy's glad you like them! We will be doing some more with some different weapons/equipment, we have already put in a couple of extras based on the suggestions we received when we previewed the original 3!

More suggestions welcome!

Jo:)

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
I'll second what Jo said, I have only had one problem with an order from them, I felt bad about complaining as they had put free stuff in my parcel anyway, but when i emailed about the problem they sorted it out and i had the missing minis less than 48 hours later.

i'm sure if yyou had mentioned it Jo would have done exactly as offered now.

customer service second to none, and characterful figures too!

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:40 PM »
Thanks Jim,

We like to help! That is regardless as to what we have chosen to throw into a parcel for free, if we have made a mistake and missed something or for some reason something has got through the quality control that should not have done then we sort it out!

Glad you are happy.

Jo:)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:43:09 PM by Black Cat Bases »

Offline brotherAkkyshan

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
Is it me or does the fifth guy (holding the short chain) bare a striking resemblance to John Inman?

... Or should that be John Innsmouth?  lol

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
Great stuff! Love the captain with pipe! The world needs more models smoking!

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 04:08:49 PM »
Maybe they changed his catch phrase from "I'm  Free to worship Dagon"  lol by muting the last words.
Ben

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
I feel my first order with Black Cat approaching. I'll get my crimson robes and get ready for it...

Awesome stuff! They fit in with Pulp Figures very well I'd reckon.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline gharak

• Librarian
    • Aegeus: Age of Mythical Battles
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post but if you had a problem when you ordered from us before why didn't you let us know at the time rather than bring it up several YEARS later when we release something new? I have never as yet failed to sort out a problem and I am always happy to refund once goods are returned to us if you are not happy, no questions asked providing the goods are in their original condition, actually even though I am only obliged to do so for a very short period of time I am happy to do it now!! I am assuming if they were so disappointing you did not paint them and therefore they would be in original condition? If you don't have them then give me the order number and a copy of what you ordered and I will sort it from there!
We pride ourselves on our customer service and we do not like anyone to be unhappy! We have only ever produced 2 figures in resin so I am assuming you are referring to them?

To answer the other question that was asked these are metal, thanks for your interest.

Jo

This was around 4 years ago, I'm sure at the time I did email with my displeasure and received no response but thats by the by. The items in question were some of your early scenics, the cast's were of very poor quality with many, many air bubbles so much so it was easier to throw them away than try and filler the items.

So over the years I've stayed clear of your products, however in what I saw at Salute earlier this year and some of your more recent releases I'm starting to find items that are of much better quality (the resin castings I briefly lookedat Salute seemed much better) and recent miniatures show a much higher quality of sculpting ihas pretty much changed my mind and next time I've a use for your products an order will most likely be on its way.

G

former user

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »
well they certainly have a lot of character

how tall are they?