Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:34:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Foundry 18th century civilians  (Read 7026 times)

Offline geboom

• Bookworm
    • http://www.shiftinglands.com
New Foundry 18th century civilians
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »
Thanks for the input.

I think I will go for a few Foundry ones so I can fill my future streets with nice townfolk.

Greetings
Geboom

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
New Foundry 18th century civilians
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 03:21:35 AM »
Quote from: "geboom"
I will get me some because I simply need civilians unless someone hassome nice links to beter/cheaper civilians?
These do look fine to me though.G.

Look at the Blue Moon box set of American colonial civillian figures.  Old Glory distributes those but they are not in stock right now.  I have a set and they are nice.  The figures are tall and slim, so could provide a nice counterpoint to more bulky civilians such as the Foundry ones.

Old Glory has a pack in it's Pirate line (under historical-1600s/1700s-pirates) of a governor and his creapy assistants.  This is a good pack which I have seen painted up nicely.  There is also a pack of victims, but that pack has 15 figures in only 5 poses, so maybe too much duplication unless you split the pack with two other painters.  There is also a pack of rioting civilians in the pirate line with things like pitchforks and axes, but there is some duplication in that pack also.

I haven't done a cruise through Old Glory's offerings in other lines such as the English Civil War or French and Indian War or American War of Independence.  There might be some useful civilian figures in there somewhere.  Some of these lines have a set of artilery limbers with drivers which vary depending on the period.  The ones for ECW are dressed differently than the ones for Marlborough's Wars for example.  So you could modify those limbers with drivers to be carts going through town or country.  There are also some nice wagons in the Napoleonic line that would look good in the town or country with your civilians.

As Malamute already said, the Sleepy Hollow packs in one of the fantasy horror lines on the Old Glory site also have some useful civilian figures. I mention them again because I bought them and I like them a lot. In fact, there are other useful civilian figures scattered through the fantasy horror lines at Old Glory (Westwind).

I mention Old Glory because the figures are cheap when you have one of those army cards with the 40% discount, sometimes as low as $1 per figure. I'm not saying that they are better.  Certainly they are a cut below the Foundry figures.

I have some townfolk packs from Reaper that are mostly useable for 17th and 18th Century in a pirate town fantasy sort of way.  However, Reaper is even more expensive than Foundry on a per figure basis.

But there's no reason you shouldn't buy the Foundry 18th Century Civilians Collection too.  Just wait until there is another 20% or 25% off sale.

Warren :mrgreen:
Sailors have more fun!