Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 09:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695416
  • Total Topics: 118684
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Revenge of the Musketeer project that ate my Nerves  (Read 26903 times)

Offline chaplain severus

• Librarian
    • http://www.berkshirewargaming.com
Revenge of the Musketeer project that ate my Nerves
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 04:50:32 PM »
Wow,  the boards are even more impressive than the figures!  I really like the tavern scene!  I bet it makes for a great game.

Matt
"Hige sceal pe heardra, heorte pe cenre, mod sceal pe mare pe ure maegen lytlao"

"Will shall be the sterner, heart the bolder, and spirit the greater as our strength lessens."
-English Proverb

http://www.berkshirewargaming.com

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »
AAAARGH! I've been outed!  :lol:

The game was really great fun, especially the taunting part and the bord and figures were beautiful. Poor Porthos just couldn't get up that hill, which may have been part of what cost me the game. He'll have to work out more before we try that again. Poor d'Artagnan spent the second half stunned in the far corner of the board, but at least I managed to kill one of the Cardinal's Guards.  :twisted:

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 01:11:13 PM »
Quote from: "Erwan"
Congratulation Vikotnik for the prize "Best game with new and innovative concept". I think you should have "Best game with participation" too because, I tried to talk to you but there is always someone who play!!! :lol:

What? the best of show was for Admiral Benbow? I have a table just neer by you and I didn't know... :(  Congratulations too : you demo was fantastic !

Well, now that the whole Crisis thing is at a safe distance -we're already planning for 2008- I can say that Vikotnik's chef d'oevre was also a runner up for the best participation game.

Burkhard from DHC with his Pointe Du Hoc , the Too Fat Lardies and their Splendid Desert raid game and Vikotnik were the finalists. Second round by the 5 jury members saw  the Too Fat Lardies win, but this was the first time we had  a finalist -Vikotnik- in two different categories.

The Worringen game was competing against Entering Berlin from Les Chemins de Feu, Boston 1775 by Uli and his Dortmunders, and Waku Pilot by Battle Group South.

Simply superb work and it's games like this that makes the entire Crisis show. Thank you all guys, and can hardly wait to see what you come up with next time!
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2007, 01:28:09 PM »
Wat was the name again of the material you used to replace the blades? I can't remember and my dentist was very uncooperative. She just gave me a blank look when I explained what I wanted and even more when I said what I wanted it for...  :oops:

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2007, 01:47:10 PM »
@WillieB:
Thank You very much again! I am already honoured to have won the prize and now You tell me that I have been nominated for two!! :D  :D

I really can seriously recommend going to Your convention. All of the TSOA-guys and girls gave us a warm welcome and there were enthusiatic gamers at every table, not to mention the trade stands. The TSOA game must have been fun, too, because cheers and noises were heard from there throughout the day!
 :)

Wat was the name again of the material you used to replace the blades?

It simply is 0.5x0.65mm steel wire ground to a point. You should go to a dental laboratory or to a supply store for this kind of business and ask there.

I can't remember and my dentist was very uncooperative. She just gave me a blank look when I explained what I wanted and even more when I said what I wanted it for...

:lol: Before I had my job, I used to ask at the dentist, too(And got the same stare!!!); not knowing that they just incoporate the pieces into the patient.
Probably she does not know that such a thing as wire in these measurements exists.
  :mrgreen:
Zafarelli at 01:00 am:
\"...everything is strange in a way. ... Always."

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
Some time ago, I promised a pic of the last remaining miniatures:

Some of the trade stands at Crisis carried the magnificent Border Reivers by Perry Miniatures and I painted one of them up to be used as a civilian. Sash and Saber have some brilliant miniatures to be used as civillians-more to come later.

Meanwhile, Tactica is approaching fast and I thought of including another scene for my demo there. Tactica is one of the biggest German conventions with the most beautiful gaming tables that I have ever seen. Be sure to come along if You have the opportunity; at least check out their site:

http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/tactica/tactica_e.html

Evilcartoonist mentioned in his excellent '40mm Old West figure collection' - thread that Sash and Saber even produce a 40 mm stagecoach. That was exactly what I needed!

Browsing through the net, I found only the pic from their website that shows the coach, so I thought that it might be useful to have some step-by-step pics from the process of building this thing.

Here is what You get when You order it:

Additionally, some cast rings were also included plus a gigantic base that did not fit into the pic!

Mr Popular(Circled in blue!) crept into the picture again to indicate scale. In general, the positioning of the parts is pretty obvious, the instructions are clear enough.

Except for one thing: If anybody knows what the part circled in red is meant for, let me know :?:

After about three hours of removig flash and fiddling around with the parts, the built-up coach looks like this:

The long part in the front(I do not know what this is called, sorry...) was carefully  soldered to the chassis. I have never soldered parts of miniatures before and I really can recommend it if You have fragile parts and want a really strong bond nonetheless.

The miniatures included in the set have to be converted, too. I have started with the driver:

More pictures are to follow!

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.pardulon-models.com
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
Except for one thing: If anybody knows what the part circled in red is meant for, let me know Question

Could it be the brake, glued somewhere at the side of the driver's seat?
Resin buildings, scenery and other useful stuff: www.pardulon-models.com

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2008, 05:17:13 AM »
Quote from: "vikotnik"

Except for one thing: If anybody knows what the part circled in red is meant for, let me know :?:

It is probably the brake handle, as Zafarelli says.  See this picture.

http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?10021869+X-21869

(Sorry, can't figure out how to show pictures in thread!)

The long part in the front(I do not know what this is called, sorry...)

It's called the tongue.

I've also been looking at this kit.  Soon!

Greetings from Canada!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »
Yep defiantely the brake handle.
Great conversion on the driver.  :)  I did the same thing with the Dixon 28mm stagecoaches to use with my Victorian games.
Can't wait to see this painted up, its going to look stunning :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
Re: Revenge of the Musketeer project that ate my Nerves
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »
ftp://Despite finishing the coach just in time for this year's Tactica(Which took place in February...), I finally found the time to take some photos!

The idea was to have a gap-filling scenario that features D'Artagnan and Rochefort fighting it out on the roof of the speeding coach while dodging the obvious branches and, err... washing lines that just come across in scenes like this.  :D

So, I needed the roof to be flat in order to accomodate enough space for the miniatures. Besides, the original roof had some rather nice 'fastened-luggage-detail' sculpted on. Sadly, it was very badly cast with zillions of air bubbles, so I discarded it.
I simply cut a piece of plastic sheet into the desired shape and added a rim with Milliput. The small railing is made from wire. The wooden effect is hand painted.

Why on earth should D'Artagnan fight with his arch-enemy on the roof of a coach when there's nothing inside to fight about? As can be seen in the previous pictures, there are some passengers included in the Sash and Saber kit. I simpy cut away the husband of the married couple and resculpted the missing parts. Then, I changed the head of the original miniature for that of Constance. Here goes romance:

Finally, a look on the paint job of the driver(Or is it 'rider' in this case?):

The winner would have a slight advantage in the next scene to be played. Sadly, it was never played on as nearly everybody wanted to play the laundry yard scene! Well, that's how it goes...

All in all, I can only recommend this model! It was great fun to build, and I like the looks of it very much. The casting quality clearly above average(Except for the roof). Ordering from Sash and Saber US was a pleasure, very friendly emails and a sensible shipping service. Highly recommended!

Anyway, I hope to have a new scene finished for next year's Tactica, if so, I will post pictures here...

EDIT: I have uploaded the pictures into my personal gallery, but the links do not seem to work! Why? >:(
Does anybody know?

EDIT: Aaaah, now I remembered! THX Björn!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:05:58 AM by vikotnik »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2008, 06:57:43 AM »
Do you mean this picture ?

The only other musketeer pic was Dartagnan.
Björn
, ,

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »
Wonderful stuff Vikotnik :) :-* ;D

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:29 AM »
Cheers, Malamute!
 :)

Sorted out the problem with the pictures, silly me. Don't know why the pics turn out that big, though...
 ???

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2008, 09:31:43 AM »
Outstanding, simply outstanding model!
argsilverson

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »