Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Witchhunters and more released (10/02)  (Read 186670 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Zombie Halfling Greens! (20/2)
« Reply #510 on: February 23, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments!

Hmmm. A multiracial zombieregiment set could be an option. But I can't say at this point when I'll be able to get the other races done.

Well, I assume you would have to wait until after you do some ogres, right?  ;D
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #511 on: February 24, 2014, 08:56:15 AM »
Well, ogres will be done by John Pickford, which means I have to try and fit them in his schedule, without delaying the dwarfs too much.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #512 on: February 27, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
Well, I assume you would have to wait until after you do some ogres, right?  ;D

You'll be glad to hear I've booked a slot with John towards the end of the year to do up some ogre dollies, which means some full ogres should be possible for about a year from now. This is while still continuing expansions of the dwarfs as well.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #513 on: February 27, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »
Huzzah!  ;D

I will await them eagerly.  I might even have my marauder ogres painted by then..

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #514 on: February 27, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »
You'll be glad to hear I've booked a slot with John towards the end of the year to do up some ogre dollies, which means some full ogres should be possible for about a year from now. This is while still continuing expansions of the dwarfs as well.

Landsnickkkkkettt stylee or something else? Gallowglass gear would look rather tasty :D ;D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #515 on: February 27, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
Something more like these, I fear:

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #516 on: February 27, 2014, 04:25:50 PM »
Thats is fine as they are like getting hold of hens teeth or having to sell your own to buy them ;D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #517 on: February 28, 2014, 08:31:52 AM »
I think I'll be doing an artillery crew for them. Might even get tempted to include an actual oversized cannon or mortar too.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2014, 09:07:01 AM »
I think I'll be doing an artillery crew for them. Might even get tempted to include an actual oversized cannon or mortar too.

Sounds great :D

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »
Undead halflings will be a must for me!!
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #520 on: February 28, 2014, 10:17:22 PM »
I don't think there is anything in this series I haven't liked.  As soon as the zombie halflings arrive, I am afraid I will have to put in another order.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Important Update (03/03)
« Reply #521 on: March 03, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »
This is still a personal hobby project, but for a couple years now I've shared castings of my private figure ranges at a cost that, at the time, seemed fair to you and allowed me to keep going without this service adding to the financial weight of the project. However, back then, I didn't expect my project to expand like it has and it has gotten quite big indeed. So big that it's getting too big for my hobby budget to support it all AND keep the full range available on request.

Coupled to the fact that both moulding and metal costs have gone up quite a bit since this project started (we've often heard this from actual miniature companies, but it's true), I have to either slim down the project and retire parts of it, or adapt the pricing structure for the existing figures so that I can still share some with fellow miniature enthusiasts.

So, because I know the frustration of discovering a set of figures I like, only to find out that they were a limited edition and near impossible to get, I'm going to try and go with the second approach and work out the costs again.

Now there are two ways this could go (feel free to share your thoughts on this):
1) Upping the figure cost overall, while keeping the tiered discounts (these are largely based on the fact it's less hassle to sort and pack multiples of the same, than smaller batches)
2) Keeping the base prices largely the same (with possible exceptions) but scrapping the tiered discounts.

Cheers
WK

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #522 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
I would like to get some of these figures at some point (recently discovered them and haven't had any funds) so whatever you can do to keep them available is good.

Upping the price but keeping discounts for multiple purchases is fairly standard sort of discount, and that option and would get my vote. Also it sounds more viable and easy for you!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #523 on: March 03, 2014, 01:10:23 PM »
As someone who has yet to order any pieces from you, my opinion is of dubious value. However, while you are mostly making your wonderful creations as a hobby thing, you should not be put in the roll of selling the minis as a non profit institution; & you certainly shouldn't lose money supplying the minis to others. For such imaginative creations, it is a privilege to pay any rise in price you feel is equitable.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #524 on: March 03, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
I think its really up to you, I would rtend to mix and match the approach as bulk orders are easier to have cast up (I am guessing x number of spins) where as oddities such as characters if in separate molds may take less spins so cost you more ?

The discount did work for me but swings and round abouts for those buying mate as if only buying a few the doscount wouldnt apply. I am not sure what ratio bulk to odds and sods sales are but worth sussing that out in case you end up out of pocket :)