Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Witchhunters and more released (10/02)  (Read 186666 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Well, in any event, it's too late to change now as these have been out for a while. Still, they look fine to me:

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I think he meant the other sister.....and was pulling your leg.
 ;)

former user

sorry, @ Mason is right.

No I actually meant this one, and the lookalikeness stops with the ankles  :D  (no, the face looks better than the original too - is that sparkling green stuff?  :`)

I think the miniature is just gorgeous

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Last one to make up the set of 5 human zombies, an unhorsed reiter zombie by Mick Darpa

The full set of 5 Renaissance zombies (3 landsknechts, 1 reiter and 1 gen d'armes) in a shocking display of my increasingly bad photography. Sculpted by the talented Mick Darpa and in the mail to Peter Brown shortly.

Nice stuff.

Painting up some of the gobbos...finally :D

Those zombie heasx should be pimped for the like of  rennaisance gamers etc (if they are separate) may get you some more sales on heads if not just the minis :D

May be a small roder inbound for some dwarf women :D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Hmmm. The heads are integral to the bodies on the zombies, but I may look into beheading a set of mastercastings when I get them back. ;D

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Hmmm. The heads are integral to the bodies on the zombies, but I may look into beheading a set of mastercastings when I get them back. ;D

Worth a try I think :)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - WIP foot knight greens (21/08)
« Reply #622 on: August 21, 2014, 08:13:32 AM »
Mick Darpa has finished the first of the body dollies, helmet blanks and weapons for my human foot knights. The idea is to have the dollies and bits moulded and then have various different knightly orders and command sets sculpted on them. I will probably also make the body dollies available as such, for converters who want to use plastic arms and heads on them.

These are the first three. There will be more body variants (6 in all) and for those concerned about the first body not having fully armoured legs, there will be a fully armoured variant converted after moulding.

The helmets are just blanks at this point. After moulding, these will be decorated with various feathers, plumes and icons to reflect different knightly orders. The first knightly orders will likely reflect the ones I created for my Dwarf knights ("vanilla" Imperial knights, White Boar, Great Bear, Raven & skulls) though others may appear.

These are some of the weapons that will get used in the various sets. Where possible, I will try to make the weapon hand a separate part, so you can mix and match and aren't restricted to specific weapon options for specific knightly orders.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #623 on: August 21, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
very nice, is that grey head in the first pic a GW plastic knightly order head? looks a bit big on the body

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #624 on: August 21, 2014, 10:16:45 AM »
Yes, that was just to indicate size. It does look a bit big, though should look better once the arms are arrached. In any case, they will come with properly sized heads and the figures are the same size as the old metal reiksguard knights.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #625 on: August 21, 2014, 11:27:58 AM »
Very 4th/5th edition, I highly approve!  You certainly have hired a great talent in Mick Darpa, he has churned out some great work.  The weapons especially are great!

One comment, the vertical lines on the second and third breastplates seem a bit soft, or less defined, than the rest of the details.  Is this intentional or is it perhaps the angle?  It seems like it might be harder to pick out those details if they are not sharp enough.

Will there be any bare heads made?  I am thinking of the wild hair from the old mounted white wolf knights.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #626 on: August 21, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
Love those knights. Perfect.   :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #627 on: August 21, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
SPLENDID! The Knights will be a WONDERFUL addition to your array of WONDERS. GREAT WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #628 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »
One comment, the vertical lines on the second and third breastplates seem a bit soft, or less defined, than the rest of the details.  Is this intentional or is it perhaps the angle? 

I haven't seen them in person yet and they may be sharper than apparent, but they are dileberately subtle in any event.

Will there be any bare heads made?  I am thinking of the wild hair from the old mounted white wolf knights.

There might.  :)

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #629 on: August 21, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
fantastic!  I looks like I'll be able to sell on my duplicate citadel foot knights! Yay!

Keep up the good work

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012