Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:44:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 860
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Tree Dr Who stuff almost gone  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
Black Tree Dr Who stuff almost gone
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:18:56 PM »
Let me begin by saying I don't work for BTD, and I don't collect dorctor who, so don't ask me any trade questions.

I got a newsletter form BTD warning their Who stuff is running low. Here's the quote

Many of the Dr. Who Miniatures are running critically low.  Effective immediately many items will be limited to only 1 per order (we had limited some items to only 2 but a few naughty customers got around that by constantly adding the item to the cart).  Stocks are okay on the Doctors, sidekicks and the Major players – but many items will soon be gone for good.  Oh my word!

Just thought you might want to know.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Re: Black Tree Dr Who stuff almost gone
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
I can't tell from this if stock is running low or that they will no longer be producing Doctor Who figs = "gone for good."

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:46:24 AM »
Supposedly they stopped making the figures when the license was dropped. As far as I'm aware, the remaining figures are supposed to be left-over stock, sold on that basis alone.

I could be wrong, of course  ;)

If it is indeed the end of the line, that would be a great shame. Hopefully a deal could be done to get them back in production, as with the current mega-success of Dr Who, I'm sure they would sell well if properly marketed.

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
I sent BTD an e-mail months ago asking if what I wanted from the Dr Who range was in stock. Got a yes so I put an order in. I'm still waiting for it. What a plum!
Don't!

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »
They've been running "critically short" for years followed by finding an entire inventory hidden in the basement, in a filing cabinet in an unused lavatory, etc. I take these announcements with a grain of salt as Black Tree seems to like to play this game ever so often.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:48:09 AM »
They've been running "critically short" for years followed by finding an entire inventory hidden in the basement, in a filing cabinet in an unused lavatory, etc. I take these announcements with a grain of salt as Black Tree seems to like to play this game ever so often.

I had heard that rumour. :D

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 11:40:25 AM »
Yeah "Beware of the Leopard".

Seriously, only thing I need from them are Armored Sea Devils and I haven't checked lately to see if a new box has 'surfaced' and maybe some Ice Warriors...

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »
It stinks that if Doctor Who figs will no longer be available that they'll only sell you one of a certain fig.

"What? Doctor Who figs gone for good? I better order that squad of Sontarans I want!"

"Sorry, only one per customer."

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »
OR they could be really out, and then an actual competant company could get the license and release good sculpts.

Everything but Daleks can be done generically anyway.  All I need is a source for Daleks.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline eastern barbarian

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »
I would believe anything they say and much less order anything from them. It takes MONTHS and lots of threats to get your order and some people are waiting year or two and still didnt get their stuff, BTD lying constantly with lamer and lamer excuses every time..

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »
Let me jsut correct your post there.

I wouldN'T believe anything they say and much less order anything from them. It takes MONTHS and lots of threats to get your order and some people are waiting year or two and still didnt get their stuff, BTD lying constantly with lamer and lamer excuses every time..

Much better  :D

Will never order from them as they has an apalling track record. Bloody shame as there are thing through all the rangers I'd want. AEG seems to have a special arrangement with them, as he's the only bugger I know that gets things one ordered!

The Commander

;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 05:37:37 PM »
Bloody shame as there are thing through all the rangers I'd want.

Rangers?

I'm currently torn between risking an order to top up on minis for Doctor Who episodes I haven't seen yet, or risking having them disappear forever...

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
pure conjecture of course, but I think from the quality of some of the sculpts recently, the molds are on their last legs and then it will be no more remaining stock... I recently got the Cushing Doctor and one side of his face has dropped - I reckon I can fix it with g/s easily enough... I've heard tell some of the Daleks recently have been a bit wonky as well...

and yep... I have had no problem with my BTD orders - they've always been helpful and pretty quick... hell - one time I found a package on my doorstep the day after I ordered it - and it had no stamp... never did ask what they were doing hand delivering stuff the other side of the country...

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »
My advice is: don't do it! I ordered some Daleks earlier this year, and had to wait three months for them despite being charged immediately. They only dispatched the order after I got my credit card company on to them. And the fact that I actually received what I ordered apparently makes me one of the lucky ones.

If half is what is to be found about BTD on TMP is true, then these people are slack at best, and crooks at worst.

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
I've always gotten everything in short order honestly. But I email them to death *BEFORE* I order and make sure it's 100% squared away and then give them my money.